Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 09:38 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,619,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDude20 View Post
... she just hasn't matured enough to realize what she really wants in life and doesn't really know how to hold her own ground if that makes sense.
Let her finish growing up.

It could take a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 09:54 PM

9,342 posts, read 6,888,151 times
So if this guy wasn't indeed a "douche bag" and actually sounded like a great guy would you have told her so. Or because you have a crush he's automatically a douche matter what?

Old 05-23-2017, 09:55 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,462,234 times
Quote:
I mean there's a lot of good things about her too that I haven't gone in depth about. My original post is definitely a negative perspective of her overall (which in itself is probably not a good sign XD). There's a lot of good in her too, she genuinely wants to do the right thing, she just hasn't matured enough to realize what she really wants in life and doesn't really know how to hold her own ground if that makes sense. You definitely make some good points though.
Yes unfortunately that's the problem and you're spot on mate with the OP we can ONLY go by that and a few other of your posts and naturally we can only speculate on what you tell us LOL!

However yes " maturity " does reach us at a certain time which is naturally different for everyone else and luckily it's something like when we've made a huge mistake and/or have lived a certain way and we finally realise how naive and bloody stupid we've been that we learn from and " grow up " so in that respect again assuming you're right then that time may well come....

... But how long is the million dollar question

Can you clarify something for me please do you think she's " friend zoned " you even if she was single or do you get the hint or KNOW she does like you romantically but won't act upon it because she's involved? ( sorry if I've missed this but either way I've been here in this position so I KNOW you'll know which one ) cheers )

Old 05-23-2017, 10:06 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,245,415 times
Quote:
I mean there's a lot of good things about her too that I haven't gone in depth about. My original post is definitely a negative perspective of her overall (which in itself is probably not a good sign XD). There's a lot of good in her too, she genuinely wants to do the right thing, she just hasn't matured enough to realize what she really wants in life and doesn't really know how to hold her own ground if that makes sense. You definitely make some good points though.
If you're trying to white knight your way into her panties, its not going to work.

Dont spend a sec longer thinking about this woman and find someone single and more capable.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:08 PM

3,422 posts, read 3,316,658 times
No, no, a thousand times, NO!

I'm already seeing it - she's already friend-zoned you, but say, hypothetically, she decides to actually date you. Yeah, you're a cool guy and all, but I can almost guarantee, before long, she'll be back with him, and leaving you hanging.
OP, you have no idea how many end up back with an ex....this has disaster (for you) written all over!

So do yourself a favor: move on. If I were you, I'd disassociate myself from this gal like yesterday!

Old 05-23-2017, 10:37 PM

31 posts, read 18,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yes unfortunately that's the problem and you're spot on mate with the OP we can ONLY go by that and a few other of your posts and naturally we can only speculate on what you tell us LOL!

However yes " maturity " does reach us at a certain time which is naturally different for everyone else and luckily it's something like when we've made a huge mistake and/or have lived a certain way and we finally realise how naive and bloody stupid we've been that we learn from and " grow up " so in that respect again assuming you're right then that time may well come....

... But how long is the million dollar question

Can you clarify something for me please do you think she's " friend zoned " you even if she was single or do you get the hint or KNOW she does like you romantically but won't act upon it because she's involved? ( sorry if I've missed this but either way I've been here in this position so I KNOW you'll know which one ) cheers )
if she was single, I would have asked her out on day 2 of knowing her and she would have said yes with 100% certainty (not to sound cocky or anything, but I know she's liked me from day 1). I am friend zoned almost entirely because of her bf. So basically, what you were saying.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
So if this guy wasn't indeed a "douche bag" and actually sounded like a great guy would you have told her so. Or because you have a crush he's automatically a douche matter what?
If he was a genuinely good guy, I would have moved on. Unfortunately, he's pretty terrible and that takes a lot for me to say that about someone.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:57 PM

3,857 posts, read 3,118,472 times
dont stick around having conversations about her relationship, she will think you are gay, unless she already has.

Make a move on her, compliment her, let her know you are interested, put your arms around her, see if she is willing. try to kiss her, and don't be shy to be a horny boy, just control it a little. if she is not interested, just move on. dont waste your time with something you cant have. keep it moving. after you try some of the things I have mentioned, and if she pushes away, but call you again, she may be game.

Dont hold back, you are a man, men make moves, women are receptive when interested. she seems to trust you already.

If things do work out, let her know her ex is off limits. she needs to fully cut him off. you dont need to hear about an ex, she should talk to her girlfriends about it. do not let him come around anymore. make it known, even if you have to beat it into his skull.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:03 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,619,721 times
Quote:
If he was a genuinely good guy, I would have moved on. Unfortunately, he's pretty terrible and that takes a lot for me to say that about someone.
Again, if he is SO terrible, why does this woman stay with him?

Does he have her brainwashed? Holding her hostage? Has he threatened her life?

I would bet a decent sum that she is engaging in a bit of hyperbole about him in order to keep you engaged and sympathetic. Otherwise, any capable woman with a bit of sense would have traded him in for you in a heartbeat.

And yet ... she stays where she is.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 05-23-2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Again, if he is SO terrible, why does this woman stay with him?

Does he have her brainwashed? Holding her hostage? Has he threatened her life?

I would bet a decent sum that she is engaging in a bit of hyperbole about him in order to keep you engaged and sympathetic. Otherwise, any capable woman with a bit of sense would have traded him in for you in a heartbeat.

And yet ... she stays where she is.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What you're saying is 100% correct, but my theory is that she ignores all of the negatives about him and only looks at his positives. She is basically brainwashed because she keeps herself in this cycle of throwing baggage behind her (negative/sad moments with him) and creates this image of him that isn't actually him (if that makes sense). She may be exaggerating a bit, but even then, that doesn't change who that guy is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships