Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 03:19 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times

Advertisements

Addresses have looooong been public info, due to tax rolls, plat books, country assessors, recorders of deeds, etc.

It's not some newfangled idea born of the information age or anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 03:20 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Are you saying you've never googled an ex or a potential, just out of curiosity?
No, never.

Old 05-26-2017, 03:22 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,659,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Right?! Or they leave themselves open for a negative reaction like OP has....

MapQuest has a satellite view so I can see if you have a swimming pool, or if you invite me over for the first time and I decide to go, I can see if you are surrounded by woods for miles and that might make me think twice. If you just bought your house in the past few years with a realtor I can take a visual tour. (What's the dungeon room for?) Not you W4L, I think I can can take you, but not some men. If a guy says he was divorced last year and has always lived in this state, I can find out if he's really divorced or not.

Ok, so that possibility/ability gets some guys really pissedoff, so? I hate to spend time with liars, dangerous, and criminally inclined. I'm not learning a lesson the hard way, I have enough experience with that.

But no, I'm not going to mention it, except the one time a when a guy I met had such an incredulous story of being a green beret and a private investigator and a ceo. He laid his ID on the table when I met him, I said: "yeah, I know, I already checked." His response was: "Good girl! I like that."
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
No, never.
49ers fans are very private people.

Old 05-26-2017, 03:23 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
[/b]

You and i butt heads alot but i could not agree with you more on this topic!!!!!!!

And i don't think she's a stalker or rapist but it's the matter of barriers. We are both private people and we told each other our boundaries. I personally felt like she crossed a boundary and told me about it 3 weeks later. To her credit, at least she told me and i respected that about her. But seeing how accessible this information is really is creepy.
And I find it even more outrageaous that just anybody can see when and for how much I bought my house for. And my ex is still listed there even though he moved out years ago. So if a potential new bf would google me, they would think that I live there with my husband.

hmmm. Maybe that's why I cannot find a date

Old 05-26-2017, 03:25 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
And I find it even more outrageaous that just anybody can see when and for how much I bought my house for. And my ex is still listed there even though he moved out years ago. So if a potential new bf would google me, they would think that I live there with my husband.

Awwwwwww LOL!

Old 05-26-2017, 03:31 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
That's cute!
Except maybe you're saying you're not curious people, you really don't have as much privacy as you hoped though. Sorry!

Old 05-26-2017, 03:31 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

Lol. Search my address on zillow, it'll tell you what my house sold for. *shrug*

Pretty sure "people finder" sites would all link me to my parents' address, and I haven't lived at home since 1995.

Old 05-26-2017, 03:34 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Lol. Search my address on zillow, it'll tell you what my house sold for. *shrug*

Pretty sure "people finder" sites would all link me to my parents' address, and I haven't lived at home since 1995.
I check Zillow all the time for comps that are selling in my condo complex to get an idea of market value of our place. My next door neighbor's place is listed as going into foreclosure.

I don't see what the big deal is either. It is a bit embarrassing for her because we know her and chat with her sometimes, but again, this stuff is all public record now, always has been, the Internet just made it available to the layman. Realtors have always had access to this info.

Old 05-26-2017, 03:40 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
I'm a very private person.

Old 05-26-2017, 04:50 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,581,692 times
Do you mean https://www.zillow.com or https://www.trulia.com or the online real estate records and home ownership records for your city/county? Or all three?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships