Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 08:08 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,827 times

Advertisements

I am in my 30s, am fully celibate by religious and personal choice, and feel most attracted to women who are less overtly expressive and who are more inhibited, in the intimate sense. Women who are intimately over-expressive or who engage in things like ONS, FWB, etc. are a turn-off romantically (also just to clarify, I am fully-straight, and only attracted to the opposite gender). Since I am celibate myself, my own individual preference is also for women with either no or very few partners that they have slept with. I know and understand that in my own age group, it is unrealistic to expect to find women who have had 0 partners.

My question is, does anyone have any advice or recommendations, as to what kinds of venues, excluding church services, that these types of women who have had fewer partners may be more likely to frequent? The reason I exclude church services is because I have found that even though Christianity actively discourages relations outside of marriage, that as far as I can best determine, a majority of churchgoers will typically tend to disregard the religious guidelines against pre-marital relations.

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 05-27-2017 at 08:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 08:20 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarPaladin View Post
I am in my 30s, am fully celibate by religious and personal choice, and feel most attracted to women who are less expressive and who are much more inhibited, in the intimate sense. Women who are intimately over-expressive or who engage in things like ONS, FWB, etc. are a turn-off romantically (also just to clarify, I am fully-straight, and only attracted to the opposite gender). Since I am celibate myself, my own individual preference is also for women with either no or very few partners that they have slept with. I know and understand that in my own age group, it is unrealistic to expect to find women who have had 0 partners.

My question is, does anyone have any advice or recommendations, as to what kinds of venues, excluding church services, that these types of women who have had fewer partners may be more likely to frequent? The reason I exclude church services is because I have found that even though Christianity actively discourages relations outside of marriage, that as far as I can best determine, a majority of churchgoers will typically tend to disregard the religious guidelines against pre-marital relations.
"Christianity"... no, your brand of theology, sure. Because there is no such thing as a universal doctrine, especially as it concerns Pauline theology. But sure, certain denominations and sects discourage or outright forbid "lascivious" and "debaucherous" behaviors and proclivities.

Maybe try bible college? There are lots of those.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
"Christianity"... no, your brand of theology, sure. Because there is no such thing as a universal doctrine, especially as it concerns Pauline theology. But sure, certain denominations and sects discourage or outright forbid "lascivious" and "debaucherous" behaviors and proclivities.

Maybe try bible college? There are lots of those.
Thanks for your recommendation. As far as biblical prohibitions against pre-marital relations, I personally observe (please note and as a quick disclaimer, I am not judging anyone else; these are just my own personal religious guidelines for myself) the guidance provided in Ephesians 5:5, which in essence compares pre-marital relations to a potential mortal sin:

Quote:
"Be sure of this, that no fornicator or impure person, or one who is greedy (that is, an idolater), has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God."

Old 05-27-2017, 08:37 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
Quote:
Thanks for your recommendation. As far as biblical prohibitions against pre-marital relations, I personally observe (please note and as a quick disclaimer, I am not judging anyone else; these are just my own personal religious guidelines for myself) the guidance provided in Ephesians 5:5, which in essence compares pre-marital relations to a potential mortal sin:
Yes, you adhere to literalism and inerrantism. I knew that.

You'll be hard-pressed to find a woman in your age range that is "chaste" unless you search in specific areas where this brand of theology doesn't fall on deaf ears. That means looking in places where those who adhere to biblical literalism are more prevalent, but unless one is raised in it, they convert to it, "baggage" and all. And the majority of these type of women are already paired up.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:41 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
I am in my 30s, am fully celibate by religious and personal choice, and feel most attracted to women who are less overtly expressive and who are more inhibited, in the intimate sense. Women who are intimately over-expressive or who engage in things like ONS, FWB, etc. are a turn-off romantically (also just to clarify, I am fully-straight, and only attracted to the opposite gender). Since I am celibate myself, my own individual preference is also for women with either no or very few partners that they have slept with. I know and understand that in my own age group, it is unrealistic to expect to find women who have had 0 partners.

The Sahara desert mate!

Bloody hell this is a hard question LOL!.... I think for your requirements listed you need one that's NOT the outgoing and social type as naturally they would have more interaction with people that leads to living in that regard but where to look?

Perhaps a library or something similar? Where there are maybe more of the shy/quiet/less out going types?

( My apologies to all for indulging in stereotypes and mean no offence to whom ever it concerns but I'm lost with this one. )

Old 05-27-2017, 08:44 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Looking for some unicorns. LOL. I hear rumors of women like you want, not sure if they exist, at least they don't on the coasts, maybe in the middle of the country you might have some luck.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Yes, you adhere to literalism and inerrantism. I knew that.

You'll be hard-pressed to find a woman in your age range that is "chaste" unless you search in specific areas where this brand of theology doesn't fall on deaf ears. That means looking in places where those who adhere to biblical literalism are more prevalent, but unless one is raised in it, they convert to it, "baggage" and all. And the majority of these type of women are already paired up.
Again, thank you for your thoughts and comments. Just to be fully honest, I do not observe the religious tenet of "sola scriptura", or that the Bible is to be taken 100% literally (i.e., I regard the Bible as being allegorical, not literal, and I am a non-denominational Christian, and not of Baptist or similar denominations).

Old 05-27-2017, 09:04 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Sorry OP I'm not religious so not fully cognisant on the subject but are you actually looking for marriage or anything else that consists of sex?

I only ask because if it's the latter and considering your preference of wanting a lady that's not really that experienced is that because of your inexperience that you don't feel comfortable with a more experienced and knowledgeable one?

Thank you

Old 05-27-2017, 09:10 PM

Just to add: another reason in addition to religious beliefs that I am looking for a woman who will be more understanding or accepting of pre-marital celibacy is because, in the romantic sense, I also want to avoid being hurt myself, if the relationship doesn't work out and if I were to hypothetically sleep with someone prior to a marriage, I don't think that would be beneficial or healthy for me. The reason being that I tend to get quite attached to women that I am romantically attracted to -- and so if the relationship was unsuccessful, I want to protect myself and my heart from getting hurt (as I can sometimes be a rather sensitive person, in the romantic sense).

Old 05-27-2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Sorry OP I'm not religious so not fully cognisant on the subject but are you actually looking for marriage or anything else that consists of sex?

I only ask because if it's the latter and considering your preference of wanting a lady that's not really that experienced is that because of your inexperience that you don't feel comfortable with a more experienced and knowledgeable one?

Thank you
I would ideally like to be married sometime within the next few years, if I can hopefully find the right woman. However, please understand that I also don't in any way mean to sound judgmental, of anyone. I would fully respect and certainly be willing to consider a relationship with woman who is more experienced, but who would also be understanding and accepting of my beliefs and would be willing to wait for marriage, for me to be fully intimate with her.

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 05-27-2017 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: Edits/Adds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships