Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 11:45 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times

Advertisements

First of all, I'm going on 79 and absolutely no desire to a male companion, been there, done that. Even found myself decades ago getting involved with 2 married men. I went thru divorce after about 8 yrs of marriage and I was in my early 30's...so young and naive. One man kept telling me "tell me to leave and I will"...I would NEVER tell a person to leave their spouse for me...NEVER...only asking for trouble, more trouble than getting involved with some unattached.

Getting involved with a married person is a dead end and brings nothing but years of negative issues.

Last night I dreamed I was "falling" for Alan Grayson, politician from FL. I like his looks, his politics and know he's going thru a divorce and has 5 children. But there I was in the dream enamored with this man and falling for him. At one point, I was calling him to come over and visit with me and he said he couldn't and that shook me about getting involved with a still married person. They are not available.

My advice, get involved with a person pretty long out of a marriage...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 12:06 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
First of all, I'm going on 79 and absolutely no desire to a male companion, been there, done that. Even found myself decades ago getting involved with 2 married men. I went thru divorce after about 8 yrs of marriage and I was in my early 30's...so young and naive. One man kept telling me "tell me to leave and I will"...I would NEVER tell a person to leave their spouse for me...NEVER...only asking for trouble, more trouble than getting involved with some unattached.

Getting involved with a married person is a dead end and brings nothing but years of negative issues.

Last night I dreamed I was "falling" for Alan Grayson, politician from FL. I like his looks, his politics and know he's going thru a divorce and has 5 children. But there I was in the dream enamored with this man and falling for him. At one point, I was calling him to come over and visit with me and he said he couldn't and that shook me about getting involved with a still married person. They are not available.

My advice, get involved with a person pretty long out of a marriage...
lol! If you say so. It sounds like in your dream, you were working through past issues. Nothing to get shaken up by, OP. It was just a dream.

Old 05-28-2017, 12:20 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
I'm not shaken up, I know it was a dream..just wanted to share my thoughts and feelings too about getting involved with a married person...dead end and trouble.

I actually think it was a funny dream and have been laughing and smiling about it.

Old 05-28-2017, 12:50 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I'm not shaken up, I know it was a dream..just wanted to share my thoughts and feelings too about getting involved with a married person...dead end and trouble.

I actually think it was a funny dream and have been laughing and smiling about it.
By the title I thought you were going to share a more graphic side of the dream! LMAO!

No seriously yes it's wise not to get involved so thank you for sharing

Old 05-28-2017, 01:23 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,743,972 times
Alan Grayson!! At least you have good taste!! Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-28-2017, 01:44 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
The things we dream sometimes, they're very odd. At least in my case.

Good point, though. And the same should also go for the "Should I pursue someone even though I'm married?" Like that dude from the other day.

Old 05-28-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
The things we dream sometimes, they're very odd. At least in my case.

Good point, though. And the same should also go for the "Should I pursue someone even though I'm married?" Like that dude from the other day.
They say they're symbolic and representive of your feelings....

They won't need an Harvard scholar to work mine out just the MD at " hooters " would suffice! LMAO

Old 05-28-2017, 01:50 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
They say they're symbolic and representive of your feelings....

They won't need an Harvard scholar to work mine out just the MD at " hooters " would suffice! LMAO
I've had some weird ones and always tell people that I have no control over them haha.

Old 05-28-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
I've had some weird ones and always tell people that I have no control over them haha.
Hahahaha no it's true and if I'm lucky to remember them ( I rarely do ) I'd be like " eh? .. Wt... " LOL

Old 05-28-2017, 02:32 PM

473 posts, read 307,483 times
You would never know what all I have done with Mac Gyver!

He does not know either but we had quite active and passionate marriage during few decades.. In my dreams
Should I call him? We have been together for so long it would be about the time heh heh heeeh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships