Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 06:02 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,393,640 times

Advertisements

Late last night I stopped by an I-HOP for some take out food. I had been at a bar/club with some friends and wanted to bring something home to eat. I was by myself at this point in the night.

While I was waiting for my food two attractive women were waiting for a table and invited me to join them at their table. So I had the kitchen bring my take out order to their table. I had already paid for my meal when I ordered it.

We all three had a nice time chatting over our meals. I exchanged numbers with one of them. She is super cute and seems very nice for whatever its worth.

I completely blanked and did not think to offer to pick up the check. Yeah, I-HOP is cheap but the gesture would have been nice. I had been drinking a bit that night so if there is an excuse that is the one I will use.

So two questions:
1. Do I look like a cheap b-a-s-t-a-r-d?

2. When I make contact with her next time should I say something like, "You know I really should have offered to pay the tab. I had been drinking a bit before at the bar so I was not really thinking 100 percent clearly."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 06:16 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Late last night I stopped by an I-HOP for some take out food. I had been at a bar/club with some friends and wanted to bring something home to eat. I was by myself at this point in the night.

While I was waiting for my food two attractive women were waiting for a table and invited me to join them at their table. So I had the kitchen bring my take out order to their table. I had already paid for my meal when I ordered it.

We all three had a nice time chatting over our meals. I exchanged numbers with one of them. She is super cute and seems very nice for whatever its worth.

I completely blanked and did not think to offer to pick up the check. Yeah, I-HOP is cheap but the gesture would have been nice. I had been drinking a bit that night so if there is an excuse that is the one I will use.

So two questions:

2. When I make contact with her next time should I say something like, "You know I really should have offered to pay the tab. I had been drinking a bit before at the bar so I was not really thinking 100 percent clearly."
No worries about what's already happened, but it does give you the perfect segue to ask her out.

Just say, "I didn't get to pick up the tab the other night, so how about letting me take you to dinner this weekend?"

Old 05-28-2017, 06:16 PM

291 posts, read 505,868 times
Kinda cheap but there's really no obligation for you to do so - it wasn't a date. If you do go on a date with one of them, pay for her meal then. I wouldn't even bring it up again and make it into some big issue.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:19 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:

So two questions:

I'm sure you're over worrying but .....If she seems pleased you called her then no she won't think that mate

If she says something where the place is mentioned ( for example " oh I'm soooo glad I invited you to sit with us now I've got your number " .. ) then I'd put the charm on and say " Yes so am I my love, although I wished I paid for the meal but despite drinking in that bar next door it was YOU that I was intoxicated by and left mesmerised so I couldn't think of nothing else " sort of thing

Or 2) and make a joke of it mate

Old 05-28-2017, 06:22 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
She gave you her number even though she and her friend were eating there and you were obviously there for just take out, and she found you attractive.

No, I don't think you should apologize at all. In fact, it would be kind of weird if you offered to pay for their (or just her) meal while you chatted waiting for your take out food.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:28 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
No big deal. I wouldn't worry about it. Go and have fun on your real date..... oh yeah make sure you pick up that check

Old 05-28-2017, 06:35 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Did you look cheap? For what, for paying for your meal, and not theirs? I don't see why you would've looked cheap. THEY invited YOU to their table. It never would have crossed my mind for you to pay for anything but your own meal, if I'd been there. It would've been a nice gesture to leave a generous tip, but other than that, I'd say you're good.

What is with this weird expectation that men will open their wallets for anyone, anytime, even complete strangers at a restaurant on the spur-the-moment?

Old 05-28-2017, 06:35 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,256,251 times
Quote:

So two questions:

You're fine and I doubt they expected you to pay for their meals when they invited you to sit and chat with them.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:36 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,845 times
Default .

That is crazy. You should not feel the need to pay and should not mention it when you speak to her. Dont be wired. You were not even on a date.

QUOTE=Astral_Weeks;48313576]Late last night I stopped by an I-HOP for some take out food. I had been at a bar/club with some friends and wanted to bring something home to eat. I was by myself at this point in the night.

So two questions:

2. When I make contact with her next time should I say something like, "You know I really should have offered to pay the tab. I had been drinking a bit before at the bar so I was not really thinking 100 percent clearly."[/quote]

Old 05-28-2017, 06:42 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,393,640 times
^Ok, thanks for all the replies. I feel better now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships