Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 01:19 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times

Advertisements

There seems to be an underlining idea going on in this thread that "kink" means you do not respect the person whom you are having sexual relations with.

Prehapes it worth starting the questioning at why this ideology towards pain and pleasure exists when speaking of it in context to relationships before ever getting to the " bad or good" end of the conclusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 01:20 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerDarling View Post
So, you are saying what the nazis did was right and normal because, well, everyone did it, it was common and popular on their area so that must be healthy? You are saying paedophilia in Hollywood is normal because well, everyone does it in the movie and tv- business? Killers are normal because murders happens so often, especially serial killers are absolutely fine because they repeat and repeat the same action again and again? It is as normal as anorexia, maybe they can find some physical changes part from the brain like in anorexia.
Don't forget bdsm was labelled officially as an illness not too long a ago and nobody said it would not go back on the diseases list.
She said nothing of the sort.

To equate what she said to nazism or pedophilia shows how little how you truly understand.

It's all well and good that you would not want to be involved in a BDSM relationship. But to equate that to the most disgusting, vile crap in history? Nope.

Old 06-05-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
There seems to be an underlining idea going on in this thread that "kink" means you do not respect the person whom you are having sexual relations with.

Prehapes it worth asking why this ideology towards pain and pleasure exists when speaking of it in context to relationships.
And, to add another "kink" (ha ha) to it...why sometimes there is no pain involved at all.

Old 06-05-2017, 01:32 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
She said nothing of the sort.

To equate what she said to nazism or pedophilia shows how little how you truly understand.

It's all well and good that you would not want to be involved in a BDSM relationship. But to equate that to the most disgusting, vile crap in history? Nope.
Faulty comparison fallacy -

Comparing one thing to another that is really not related, in order to make one thing look more or less desirable than it really is.

Not worth your time.

Old 06-05-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Faulty comparison fallacy -

Comparing one thing to another that is really not related, in order to make one thing look more or less desirable than it really is.

Not worth your time.
Yup.

Which actually might be the more interesting topic here...

Why is it that people really care what others do in their relationships?

Old 06-05-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Yup.

Which actually might be the more interesting topic here...

Why is it that people really care what others do in their relationships?

I have actually enjoyed most of the discussion.

The movie sucked (couldn't make it through the book), but it raised a lot of questions about BDSM. From what I've read, practitioners say that the book/movie does not represent the lifestyle at all. My question is, should it? I mean, if you want someone to tie you up based upon a movie/book and not based upon a relationship built on trust - you deserve what you get.

And if no one cared, the movie/book would have flopped. E.L. James has made millions - which is what really pisses some people off. Some people are ticked because this woman wrote this crappy book and has made millions while they make considerably less.

Old 06-05-2017, 01:43 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:

The movie sucked (couldn't make it through the book), but it raised a lot of questions about BDSM. From what I've read, practitioners say that the book/movie does not represent the lifestyle at all. My question is, should it? I mean, if you want someone to tie you up based upon a movie/book and not based upon a relationship built on trust - you deserve what you get.

And if no one cared, the movie/book would have flopped. E.L. James has made millions - which is what really pisses some people off. Some people are ticked because this woman wrote this crappy book and has made millions while they make considerably less.

I don't think people "deserve" to be harmed or abused even if they do make ill informed decisions, personally.

Old 06-05-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:

I'm all for this woman making money, actually.

What bothers me is that some people are getting their view of what BDSM relationships actually *are* from what she wrote. If people took this for what it is---a FANTASY-- no problem. But, when they try to move this into a semblance of reality is where my personal line is drawn.

What she wrote has no basis in reality.

The laughable part of it all is that she would be the first to admit it.

Old 06-05-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
I'm all for this woman making money, actually.

What bothers me is that some people are getting their view of what BDSM relationships actually *are* from what she wrote. If people took this for what it is---a FANTASY-- no problem. But, when they try to move this into a semblance of reality is where my personal line is drawn.

What she wrote has no basis in reality.

The laughable part of it all is that she would be the first to admit it.

Yes, people have a hard time distinguishing reality from fantasy. People do not know a lot about the subject to begin with, and then they take things like this as gospel instead of educating themselves.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Yes, people have a hard time distinguishing reality from fantasy. People do not know a lot about the subject to begin with, and then they take things like this as gospel instead of educating themselves.
Yup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships