Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 09:05 AM

926 posts, read 672,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Hate it so much but spend a lot of time thinking about it, huh?
Ya know, just because I'm posting in my thread about something that bothers me and that I think is dangerous and sick, doesn't mean that I "spend a lot of time thinking about it". Your post reeks of you alluding to me thinking about this "a lot" because I "like it" or something. Give me a break. Go and write douchey posts to someone else who actually gives an ish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 09:10 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,871,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerDarling View Post
I hope your smh helped you to understand better.

If you have a person A which is suffering from mental illness (in which also bdsm was labelled in ICD before) who is asking to harm her/himself is it really ok to do that?

Or is there some responsibility in this person B which declines to support persons A self harming obsessions? Why person B should be a tool how person A is able to harm herself?

Person B could just take consider that person A is mentally ill (according to ICD-history) and say no.

Person B cannot wash his or her hands because the person who is committing this harming to this mental ill person A is person B and person B only.

People can ask this and that but everyone are still responsible of their own actions.

Mentally ill person cannot estimate what is healthy for her or him. That is why the sane person has to estimate situation for her or him. It is not "whatever" when this person is not sane enough.

(And bdsm can be settled back into ICD any day as it was in there already).
If you know HC at all, you know it was a joke. Reel it in a bit.

Hyperbole | Define Hyperbole at Dictionary.com

Old 05-31-2017, 09:13 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,394,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
What is it about this particular movie that seems to really bother a lot of people
For me, it's because the series was written by someone who was writing fanfic, very badly, and just happened to know someone that got the book published.

I couldn't get past the third chapter because the author wrote like a teenager with her "Jeez" talk.

Hell, she couldn't even bring herself to say "vagina" and called it, "down there".

I threw the book out.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:

If you have a person A which is suffering from mental illness (in which also bdsm was labelled in ICD before) who is asking to harm her/himself is it really ok to do that?

Or is there some responsibility in this person B which declines to support persons A self harming obsessions? Why person B should be a tool how person A is able to harm herself?

Person B could just take consider that person A is mentally ill (according to ICD-history) and say no.

Person B cannot wash his or her hands because the person who is committing this harming to this mental ill person A is person B and person B only.

People can ask this and that but everyone are still responsible of their own actions.

Mentally ill person cannot estimate what is healthy for her or him. That is why the sane person has to estimate situation for her or him. It is not "whatever" when this person is not sane enough.

But see, here's the thing FD. Just as with anything that is depraved, mentally unbalanced or just plain wrong, society is trying (and has succeeded) to normalize it. Just as anal sex, choking/strangulation and bdsm have been normalized...and is now seen as something "normal", "terrific" and "consensual" for people to do to each other.

And, for anyone who actually participates in "pretending" to harm someone - as is such during supposed "role playing" of a guy choking the oxygen out of a woman because she tells him it turns her on - that person is definitely part of the problem and they're also part of perpetuating the sickness that the emotionally and mentally damaged person suffers from.

Of course, this is my opinion only. There are many people out there who think these things are "normal" and "fun", and there's nothing anyone can do about that. The only thing that normal and emotionally/mentally healthy people can do is to STAY AWAY from abnormal people like that and let them find others like themselves to engage in these sick kind of sexual situations and "role playing". To each their own.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:32 AM

473 posts, read 307,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
But see, here's the thing FD. Just as with anything that is depraved, mentally unbalanced or just plain wrong, society is trying (and has succeeded) to normalize it. Just as anal sex, choking/strangulation and bdsm have been normalized...and is now seen as something "normal", "terrific" and "consensual" for people to do to each other.

And, for anyone who actually participates in "pretending" to harm someone - as is such during supposed "role playing" of a guy choking the oxygen out of a woman because she tells him it turns her on - that person is definitely part of the problem and they're also part of perpetuating the sickness that the emotionally and mentally damaged person suffers from.

Of course, this is my opinion only. There are many people out there who think these things are "normal" and "fun", and there's nothing anyone can do about that. The only thing that normal and emotionally/mentally healthy people can do is to STAY AWAY from abnormal people like that and let them find others like themselves to engage in these sick kind of sexual situations and "role playing". To each their own.
Yes AF

And I think that especially for young people it is really important to talk about sex preferences with their catches before having sex. Then they will have a chance to stay away from those people

Old 05-31-2017, 09:34 AM

641 posts, read 405,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
My big issue with 50 Shades craze is that women spent forever, until only a few decades ago in this country, being submissive! We fought to end that. And now it's like men want to pull a trick to get us to WANT to go back to that. Now, that is supposed to be hot and sexy. Well, it isn't to me. I mean, kudos on the trick, but no for me. .
Female author, female readership. It's women that bought the book. We can't get the blame for women buying 50 shades in their millions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I found it on a bookshelf of a beach house we were renting and read about fifty pages before realizing what absurdist crap it was. It wasn't even well-written erotica.

By the way, here's my inconvenient question to those of you who find FSOG arousing. If Christian Grey had been a college dropout clerking at a gas station, would it make it just as hot to you? Same looks, same build, but he dominates the heroine in a doublewide after his shift is over, rather than the penthouse of his high rise. With that little change of scenery, would they still be best sellers? Or does the fact that it's a billionaire abasing this woman that makes readers such as you so hot?
It's all about hypergamy. If the guy worked at Mcdonalds it wouldn't have sold a single copy.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:46 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,913,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
It's all about hypergamy. .

Drink!

(This thread is cringeworthy in general, "consensual" being put in quotes like its an afterthought... good ole American Taliban on stormfront lite)

Old 05-31-2017, 10:19 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,322,269 times
Quote:

I never claimed I or the women I "gently" choked are sane people

On a serious note: The last woman I choked (very gently btw) is a highly educated professional and far from mentally unstable. I don't purposely go out and find woman in straitjackets, Lol.

I personally, don't think a gentle loving choke here and there during sex is a bad thing, compared to some couples that get off playing tic-tac-toe on their bodies with razors.

But whatever, gurl. I understand respect your opinion.

Old 05-31-2017, 05:19 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,913,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I don't find light choking weird or odd at all, but then again, it's my kind of kink. *shrug* Of course open communication and discussion of boundaries is important before engaging in such activities.

And safe words/signals, esp with people you're new with.

Old 05-31-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
For me, it's because the series was written by someone who was writing fanfic, very badly, and just happened to know someone that got the book published.

I couldn't get past the third chapter because the author wrote like a teenager with her "Jeez" talk.

Hell, she couldn't even bring herself to say "vagina" and called it, "down there".

I threw the book out.
I applaud you for even reading any part of the book! You're a unicorn lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships