Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 07:51 PM

649 posts, read 1,424,343 times

Advertisements

Hey guys and gals,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. This women and I have been out on two amazing dates. The chemistry is through the roof!! My question isn't concerning her interest. It's about what happened yesterday. We had plans to go on our third date tonight, but yesterday she text me and told me she slipped down the steps and fractured her foot. Obviously, I sympathized with her and told her if she needs anything to let me know. A fractured foot is something that can take a while to heel and she won't really be available for dates. We've only been on a couple of dates, so my question is what my next move should be? I've picked her up at her place before, so should I just ask to come over and hang at her place for the time being? That's about the only thing we can do at this point until she is better. I only ask this because we've only been on two dates. I've never been in this situation before this early in the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 07:59 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
Hey guys and gals,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. This women and I have been out on two amazing dates. The chemistry is through the roof!! My question isn't concerning her interest. It's about what happened yesterday. We had plans to go on our third date tonight, but yesterday she text me and told me she slipped down the steps and fractured her foot. Obviously, I sympathized with her and told her if she needs anything to let me know. A fractured foot is something that can take a while to heel and she won't really be available for dates. We've only been on a couple of dates, so my question is what my next move should be? I've picked her up at her place before, so should I just ask to come over and hang at her place for the time being? That's about the only thing we can do at this point until she is better. I only ask this because we've only been on two dates. I've never been in this situation before this early in the game.
I have been in this situation and you've said the best thing possible " if there's anything she needs to let me know "

As it stands I'd just keep up the conversation over the phone and keep the " amazing " vibe going and say how much you'd like to see her and see how she is etc and I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't invite you over herself

Old 06-03-2017, 08:01 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
nice foot joke.

Old 06-03-2017, 08:06 PM

247 posts, read 364,082 times
I think that if you really like her and want to keep seeing her while she recovers, it would be perfectly acceptable to call her up and offer to bring carry out dinner over so that you two could hangout out and maybe watch a movie. Let her know that you had a good time and want to try to keep dating even though she can't do much. You guys could also maybe "double date" or even arrange a hangout afternoon doing something like playing Cards Against humanity, if she'd be into that, something where you could just have fun and it would be low pressure. Bring her a "picnic" lunch one day you both aren't working and either it it on a blanket on the floor in her living room or put on the patio/deck if she has one.

If she talks about being concerned because her place is a mess (I'm assuming it would be less than neat due to mobility restrictions), reassureher you don't mind or offer to help tidy up, if you wouldn't mind doing that. It may sound weird, but you can have fun joking around and hanging out while helping her out and showing that you're good relationship potential--if that's what you want.

Really, there's lots of options even with a situation like this, depending on how much you're into her. And I'm assuming you really like her because you're considering the idea of having a hangout date in the first place.

Old 06-03-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I have been in this situation and you've said the best thing possible " if there's anything she needs to let me know "

As it stands I'd just keep up the conversation over the phone and keep the " amazing " vibe going and say how much you'd like to see her and see how she is etc and I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't invite you over herself
Thanks for the advice!

Old 06-03-2017, 08:15 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Thanks for the advice!
You're welcome

Old 06-03-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merewenc View Post
I think that if you really like her and want to keep seeing her while she recovers, it would be perfectly acceptable to call her up and offer to bring carry out dinner over so that you two could hangout out and maybe watch a movie. Let her know that you had a good time and want to try to keep dating even though she can't do much. You guys could also maybe "double date" or even arrange a hangout afternoon doing something like playing Cards Against humanity, if she'd be into that, something where you could just have fun and it would be low pressure. Bring her a "picnic" lunch one day you both aren't working and either it it on a blanket on the floor in her living room or put on the patio/deck if she has one.

If she talks about being concerned because her place is a mess (I'm assuming it would be less than neat due to mobility restrictions), reassureher you don't mind or offer to help tidy up, if you wouldn't mind doing that. It may sound weird, but you can have fun joking around and hanging out while helping her out and showing that you're good relationship potential--if that's what you want.

Really, there's lots of options even with a situation like this, depending on how much you're into her. And I'm assuming you really like her because you're considering the idea of having a hangout date in the first place.
I'm definitely into her and it seems that way on her end as well. Thanks for your advice! You bring up some great ideas!

Old 06-03-2017, 08:31 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merewenc View Post
I think that if you really like her and want to keep seeing her while she recovers, it would be perfectly acceptable to call her up and offer to bring carry out dinner over so that you two could hangout out and maybe watch a movie.
This was my thought, as well. The OP could even offer to do some grocery shopping for her, or something, unless she's having her groceries delivered.

Old 06-03-2017, 10:12 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
They have things called crutches, ya know.

Old 06-03-2017, 10:59 PM

4,566 posts, read 5,423,386 times
Quote:
Hey guys and gals,

You need to offer to bring her some food or something. Call her and say "I am at Whole Foods picking up some food for you, what would you like?". Or I know its tough to get around on only one foot, so I am picking up (food from her favorite restaurant) and bringing it over". If she says "No" or "No thank you" to these types of offers, then that "chemistry that is through the roof" is one sided on your side only. If that is the case, then you need to move on.

What I do find interesting is that she TEXTED you about a fractured foot instead of calling you. Im thinking something is up with this chick dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships