Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 11:28 AM

361 posts, read 432,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
I don't know, you story sounds like you're making contact with a bot. You said it yourself. You've never had success before on this application, but all of a sudden this "pretty girl" out of the blue contacts you.

Then you ask her question and she responds with questions. It's a bot.
All she did was match with me after I super liked her, and then I messaged her first and she messaged me back later. Why is everyone so skeptical? And I'm not being rude, I'm just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 11:32 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue20 View Post
All she did was match with me after I super liked her, and then I messaged her first and she messaged me back later. Why is everyone so skeptical? And I'm not being rude, I'm just wondering.

For me I am skeptical at the I am six miles away response. Again that is a canned response that Tinder Bots do, when they match with someone. Now I am not saying that a regular woman wouldn't say that, but if a woman has not met you, and is just getting to know you, she wouldn't just say that, especially if it was obvious what the distance was.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
For me I am skeptical at the I am six miles away response. Again that is a canned response that Tinder Bots do, when they match with someone. Now I am not saying that a regular woman wouldn't say that, but if a woman has not met you, and is just getting to know you, she wouldn't just say that, especially if it was obvious what the distance was.
She did not say that she was 6 miles away. Underneath her profile, it says she is 6 miles away, because I had set a distance filter. However, I asked her where she was from in my state, and she told me the county, and then I said, "You're kidding! I'm from (my town)." Then she said, "Wow! I'm from (her town)!" But she herself did not say, "I am 6 miles away." I agree that would be weird. And I did not want to come off too eagerly by asking her to meet in person right after we shared what towns we lived in, but it seemed to be a good time to do so.

Last edited by xxblue20; 05-30-2017 at 12:57 PM..

Old 05-30-2017, 02:30 PM

540 posts, read 1,096,998 times
I don't think the person was a bot. Chances are they are someone that would not actually go out on a date with anyone for whatever reason (social anxiety, in a relationship, just using the app out of boredom/for the ego boost) and flaked out once you mentioned it. You had the timing right IMO. No sense in wasting a lot of time in chatting online. But I will echo some of the others here and say that you need to relax a bit. You will come across this sort of thing all the time in online dating. Just move on. Sending more messages will make you seem needy/clingy.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweilo845 View Post
I don't think the person was a bot. Chances are they are someone that would not actually go out on a date with anyone for whatever reason (social anxiety, in a relationship, just using the app out of boredom/for the ego boost) and flaked out once you mentioned it. You had the timing right IMO. No sense in wasting a lot of time in chatting online. But I will echo some of the others here and say that you need to relax a bit. You will come across this sort of thing all the time in online dating. Just move on. Sending more messages will make you seem needy/clingy.
Sad, but could be true. There's still a chance she may get back, but we'll see.

Old 05-31-2017, 01:30 PM

71 posts, read 58,860 times
Quote:
Hi all. I'm 20 yrs old and have been using Tinder for about a month and a half now. I had not had much success on the app until last night. On Sunday night while I was sleeping, I was matched with a very pretty girl that I had super-liked, and I messaged her at about 3pm yesterday with a non-generic message about her pictures. She responded around 10pm, and the conversation took off from there. There were inconsistent reply times for each of her messages, sometimes 5 mins and sometimes as much as 45 mins, but every one of her messages was enthusiastic, and she almost always asked me questions about myself and/or the pictures in my profile. We also found out that we live only 6 miles from each other, and she was very excited about that ("You're kidding me! I live right near you!"), and after that I asked her to meet in person. I said exactly, "Would you like to meet in person next week? We can pick a day to get together once I know when I am off from work." This was at about 12am, and she hasn't responded since. This doesn't overly worry me since she very well could have been busy/sleeping, and I am glad to have talked to her no matter what, but I do hope that I was not too forceful by saying, "We can pick a day..." because I did not want to put pressure on her. I also hope saying "next week" didn't make her feel like she was a non-priority or anything. I am very busy this week with school and work, and I have to work at 6am Saturday, so I felt like Friday wasn't a good night, and I have another gathering to go to on Saturday night. Anyway, do you think I should reach out to her again later today or tomorrow or let her respond if she wants to? And (be honest), do you think exactly what I said when asking was bad? I've been taught by family that it doesn't matter exactly what you say or when you ask for, and I mostly believe this as well, but I just want to be certain.
You're looking into this WAY too much. You could meet someone online, date for months, and then one day they just decide to never contact you again.

You're getting all worked up over Tinder messages with a total stranger you know nothing about and analyzing every detail - I don't recommend this. You should take everything on Tinder and other dating websites with a grain of salt and continue to not get invested even if you are going on dates. The beginning of any relationship can be very futile and people can change at any moment.

You're going to have "first dates" with girls that you'll never hear from again probably many times before you meet someone that it works out with and vice versa. I'm not trying to be mean, but don't waste your mental energy on people/things that aren't worth it.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlewood4 View Post
You're looking into this WAY too much. You could meet someone online, date for months, and then one day they just decide to never contact you again.

You're getting all worked up over Tinder messages with a total stranger you know nothing about and analyzing every detail - I don't recommend this. You should take everything on Tinder and other dating websites with a grain of salt and continue to not get invested even if you are going on dates. The beginning of any relationship can be very futile and people can change at any moment.

You're going to have "first dates" with girls that you'll never hear from again probably many times before you meet someone that it works out with and vice versa. I'm not trying to be mean, but don't waste your mental energy on people/things that aren't worth it.
I plan on trying to restart the conversation tonight with a good opener and everything and see if/how she responds to that. If she doesn't respond or responds shortly, then I'll move on. But can't hurt to try one more time in a non-aggressive way.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:15 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,751,659 times
Quote:
well it could be that another guy sparked her interest and she decided to focus on him. It's happens to everyone who uses dating apps so try not to let it bother you so much.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:49 PM

71 posts, read 58,860 times
Quote:
I plan on trying to restart the conversation tonight with a good opener and everything and see if/how she responds to that. If she doesn't respond or responds shortly, then I'll move on. But can't hurt to try one more time in a non-aggressive way.
As a young woman myself who has used Tinder and other dating apps, if she ignored your request to meet up she doesn't want to meet up. Messaging her again is a waste of time. She'll probably reply and "seem nice" but that doesn't mean anything. If someone doesn't reply you need to move on.

You should try to meet people at school, social events, bars or volunteer groups.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:57 PM

477 posts, read 314,754 times
Quote:
Boy please don't

If she wanted to talk to you, she would have by now. Just let it go and find woman who actually wants to talk you, they're out there. Keep looking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships