Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 07:12 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,442 times

Advertisements

So, a few weeks ago I found myself head over heels in love with my friend and neighbor. He's so sweet to me and treats me like gold. However, he's straight (I'm a gay man).

We spend so much time together and my feelings for him are stronger than any I've felt in quite some time. It hurts, but I'm handling it and enjoying that I get to have any type of relationship with him at all.

However, tonight I'm going crazy. I know it's stupid, I know I can't have him and I'm working on resolving those feelings. He's out tonight; on a second date with a girl he met. I'm not so much jealous as HURTING. I find myself wondering what he's saying to her. Is he putting his arm around her? Is he kissing her? On and on it goes.

I've always put up walls with straight guys because I've seen the hurt it can cause, but somehow he flew in under my radar. Now I'm in misery and his face; his eyes are haunting me tonight. Words can't truly describe the confusion and anguish I'm feeling tonight

I'm not looking for advice, I'm smart enough to know the score. I just needed to get it off my chest and proclaim my love somehow, somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 07:17 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
That's so sad. I sort of feel the same about someone sometimes, and I know it can be painful.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
That's so sad. I sort of feel the same about someone sometimes, and I know it can be painful.
Thanks Metlakatla.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:21 PM

775 posts, read 578,985 times
My wish for you is that you can find someone else soon who shares your lifestyle and who will affect you the same way as your neighbor does.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flindras View Post
My wish for you is that you can find someone else soon who shares your lifestyle and who will affect you the same way as your neighbor does.
Thanks, my wish is the same. My neighbor and I do share the same lifestyle, but he's not gay

*forgive me, I appreciate your post, but calling being gay a lifestyle is a pet peeve of mine. I do truly appreciate your words and the obvious thought behind them

Old 03-09-2008, 07:25 PM

Teach me: What is the correct verbiage?

Old 03-09-2008, 07:26 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
OMG- That is strange. I've never had a crush on a straight guy. It makes no sense at all. He is trying to make you envious or jealous? Because straight guys usually don't spend a lot of time with other straight guys let alone homosexual ones.

-Liberal straight guys are cool to chill with or sometimes even to flirt with in a joking way...but never serious flirting.

-As soon as I know that a guy is straight I really have no feelings for him what so ever. If it is a gay guy, I don't have feelings for him until he shows that he is a kind and committed person.

-I'm sorry but you've developed an attachment. It is time for you to go to some gay dance clubs and just try to pick out a few nice guys to talk with and flirt with. You'll feel better if you try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
So, a few weeks ago I found myself head over heels in love with my friend and neighbor. He's so sweet to me and treats me like gold. However, he's straight (I'm a gay man).

We spend so much time together and my feelings for him are stronger than any I've felt in quite some time. It hurts, but I'm handling it and enjoying that I get to have any type of relationship with him at all.

However, tonight I'm going crazy. I know it's stupid, I know I can't have him and I'm working on resolving those feelings. He's out tonight; on a second date with a girl he met. I'm not so much jealous as HURTING. I find myself wondering what he's saying to her. Is he putting his arm around her? Is he kissing her? On and on it goes.

I've always put up walls with straight guys because I've seen the hurt it can cause, but somehow he flew in under my radar. Now I'm in misery and his face; his eyes are haunting me tonight. Words can't truly describe the confusion and anguish I'm feeling tonight

I'm not looking for advice, I'm smart enough to know the score. I just needed to get it off my chest and proclaim my love somehow, somewhere.

Last edited by artsyguy; 03-09-2008 at 07:41 PM..

Old 03-09-2008, 07:29 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
The stereotypical gay lifestyle is fashion, dance clubs, and promiscious sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flindras View Post
Teach me: What is the correct verbiage?

Old 03-09-2008, 07:32 PM

OK I'll change it to shares your feelings. Sorry.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:37 PM

18,120 posts, read 11,754,865 times
I have to agree with ArtsyGuy on this one.

-I'm sorry but you've developed an attachment. It is time for you to go to some gay dance clubs and just try to pick out a few nice guys to talk with and flirt with. You'll feel better if you try.

Going out to socialize, flirting with others and receiving will surely make you feel better.
May even make you blush! :-)

I wish you the very best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships