Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 11:20 AM

263 posts, read 757,471 times

Advertisements

I met two women online that I was talking to. The one I am most interested in just dropped off after a few messages. She was the one to initiate the messaging with me and still has my profile saved as a favorite. Here when I saw the Facebook page of the other woman I'm also talking to and have plans to meet In person I see they are both pictured together and platonic friends. I can't help but to wonder if the one I'm a little more attracted to is 'stepping out of the way' for her friend? I know women talk and most likely send a picture to their close friends of their online interest, especially when there's plans to meet in person. I know I do.

I can't say for sure that's what happened, but I do question and suspect it! Has anyone else been in a situation like this? Think possibly if this date doesn't work out, that the other one I'm more interested in could come back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 11:48 AM

880 posts, read 1,251,289 times
If the first one comes back, you say: "I haven't heard from, really hoped I would, but moved on." End of story.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:54 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
No exactly, but I had several situations where I've had dates or dated people from OLD that new each other, and one person when they knew I was seeing or had date their friend that they bowed out. No biggie.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:05 PM

263 posts, read 757,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No exactly, but I had several situations where I've had dates or dated people from OLD that new each other, and one person when they knew I was seeing or had date their friend that they bowed out. No biggie.
Yes, but the one that I suspect may have backed off for those readons is the one I'm more attracted to. And why wouldn't she then remove me from her 'favorites'? My thing is if she only backed off to be nice after possibly finding out her friend already had a date set up with me , I'm hoping if this date doesn't work out that I still have a shot with the other

Old 06-01-2017, 12:09 PM

216 posts, read 214,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideGirl310 View Post
Yes, but the one that I suspect may have backed off for those readons is the one I'm more attracted to. And why wouldn't she then remove me from her 'favorites'? My thing is if she only backed off to be nice after possibly finding out her friend already had a date set up with me , I'm hoping if this date doesn't work out that I still have a shot with the other
Why are you going out with someone at all if she is already second choice in your mind? Sounds like you're only interested in the one who backed off, and going out with her friend isn't going to make that any better. Go only for the one you want.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:10 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Not everyone keeps on top of favorites/likes/bookmarks, etc. Heck, people that aren't single leave profiles up all the time.

Stop thinking so much about it. It makes sense that some people are uncomfortable having a date or communicating with someone their friend has a date with. I wouldn't want to do it either. No biggie.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:15 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,522,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideGirl310 View Post
I met two women online that I was talking to. The one I am most interested in just dropped off after a few messages. She was the one to initiate the messaging with me and still has my profile saved as a favorite. Here when I saw the Facebook page of the other woman I'm also talking to and have plans to meet In person I see they are both pictured together and platonic friends. I can't help but to wonder if the one I'm a little more attracted to is 'stepping out of the way' for her friend? I know women talk and most likely send a picture to their close friends of their online interest, especially when there's plans to meet in person. I know I do.

I can't say for sure that's what happened, but I do question and suspect it! Has anyone else been in a situation like this? Think possibly if this date doesn't work out, that the other one I'm more interested in could come back?
No idea about OLD but I'll have a guess its possible but if one did indeed step aside for the other and that doesn't work out then personally I think you've got no chance of her stepping back in

If this did occur the main reasons that spring to mind that she would step aside was ...

A) Her friend likes you more and was set on you.

B) She wasn't that interested in the first place.

C) Both

Again it's just a guess mate

Old 06-01-2017, 06:17 PM

212 posts, read 156,361 times
True story... Years ago I was talking to a guy online that I liked. At the same time, I spoke to another guy online that I liked as well. I never met either in person (this was maybe only in a 1 week period or so). When I said something to one like do you want to meet soon, he said I've been talking to his brother.

LOL

Old 06-01-2017, 11:17 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,404,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsinSnow View Post
True story... Years ago I was talking to a guy online that I liked. At the same time, I spoke to another guy online that I liked as well. I never met either in person (this was maybe only in a 1 week period or so). When I said something to one like do you want to meet soon, he said I've been talking to his brother.

LOL
WTF?? What are the odds of that happening? Lmao...

Old 06-02-2017, 12:28 AM

212 posts, read 156,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
WTF?? What are the odds of that happening? Lmao...
I've had another odd thing happen with brothers!!

Years ago I had gone on a vacation and took a 10 day or so tour. I had a crush on one (actually probably more like 3 guys) of the guys who had no interest in me. Maybe 2 years later I have a date with someone online. I see this guy's pictures and see the guy from the tour with him in some of them. I just thought to myself, hey small world. When we went out on our date he told me about his family and said his brother's name which was the guy from the tour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships