Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 08:06 PM

426 posts, read 351,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Sorry to hear about your ill family member godspeed in his/her recovery.

It seems, hes being very selfish and not very understanding. Is this a person you would want to marry?
Thank you!! You are right. If he isn't understand at all now then he never will be. He seems to only think about himself. He's so angry lately, it's like he hates me all of a sudden because all he did this week is pick at my flaws and complain about me but yet wants to know if we will settle down soon and exactly which month. I care about him but I now know that he isn't the one for me. Still silly me doesn't feel like letting him go just yet because when I do see him I enjoy his company. In a way I feel like he was the only thing keeping me sane lately. I feel embarrassed to say this but it's true. I don't know why he's so moody and rude lately but I now know that he isn't someone I could be with in the long run.
😩
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 08:43 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourgermanicanish View Post
Thank you!! You are right. If he isn't understand at all now then he never will be. He seems to only think about himself. He's so angry lately, it's like he hates me all of a sudden because all he did this week is pick at my flaws and complain about me but yet wants to know if we will settle down soon and exactly which month. I care about him but I now know that he isn't the one for me. Still silly me doesn't feel like letting him go just yet because when I do see him I enjoy his company. In a way I feel like he was the only thing keeping me sane lately. I feel embarrassed to say this but it's true. I don't know why he's so moody and rude lately but I now know that he isn't someone I could be with in the long run.
😩
It takes courage and soul searching to find your inter self-esteem. Don't be afraid thinking you cant find someone better; you can and you will.

Old 06-01-2017, 08:49 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
It takes courage and soul searching to find your inter self-esteem. Don't be afraid thinking you cant find someone better; you can and you will.
Awwwww look at you being nice.........are you high?

Old 06-01-2017, 09:17 PM

426 posts, read 351,512 times
Quote:
Thanks! I guess I can't help but feel at my lowest right now since I have to deal with so much crap lately. If I wasn't dealing with all of this then I would have walked away easily. Either way we are gonna stop talking by sometime this week. He seemes so angry and fed up while I'm starting to lose my patience. I have enough on my plate to deal with him bickering, that's just extra stress for me.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:23 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Awwwww look at you being nice.........are you high?
Lol.

I'm always nice, Rae-Rae

Old 06-01-2017, 10:13 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,141,242 times
No, I don't give other chances. If I've decided it's time for her to go, I had great reasons and thought about it for days or at least a week first. The analysis is done, time for the deep cut, and once severed I'm out of there pretty light-hearted at doing what needed done.

When I'm the dumped, they don't give me one either. Done is done, see above. Nor do I ask for one. I always figured once women were done, they were really done even more than men. True or not, that's my observation. To wit:

Once, in my mid-20s, I begged for a second chance. She doubled-down on how she wanted no further part of me. That was ...educational, to say the least.

Done is done. I know some people keep coming back, and sometimes the ex takes them. OK, whatever: that doesn't work for me. Clearly it does for others. I figure: there's always some other woman out there, and plenty of them. I hardly have a romantic bone in my body. Some of my friends try harder, w/mixed results.

I've noticed the eerie and highly disquieting trend of two close (male) friends trying to re-connect with wives who have dumped them, leading to divorce. Both failed miserably, in the short to mid-term. It was false hope that kept them going. When that hope dies, a part of their soul goes-with. Terrifying to behold. Ain't never going there myself, if possible.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:27 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times
It's painful, but you move on.
My ex-wife left me three years ago. I kind of saw it coming, 'cause we'd been fighting a lot in the two years prior and although I'd initiated counseling, she flat refused to go with me. After she left, several of my friends rallied around me and helped me to stay strong. I'll never forget their gesture - I'm indebted to them.
I've had 2 or 3 relationships since. One I ended (we weren't compatible); the other two ended abruptly (they ended). I was very hurt - just sat around moping. But eventually I knew that I had to move on. I drowned myself into my work, to get them as far out of my mind as possible. No, I wouldn't even THINK of taking them back, even if they crawled on their hands and knees, begging for forgiveness and another chance!
Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice...you know the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships