Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2017, 12:52 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
This is one thing that I actually don't have an issue with. I'm fine with paying for women on a first date, especially if we go to a sushi restaurant.

It's only money after all. Am I right?
A lot of guys who post on this forum don't see it that way. You have no idea the battles that have raged here, over that issue. 50+ page threads, ceaseless threads that suck the entire membership into their vortex, like a Black Hole. Yes, DistinguishedGent, it is the Topic From Hell, the Godzilla of topics! (Cue scary, dramatic soundtrack)

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 06-03-2017 at 01:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 12:55 PM

424 posts, read 236,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A lot of guys who post on this forum don't see it that way. You have no idea the battles that have raged here, over that issue. 50+ page threads, ceaseless threads that suck the entire membership into its vortex, like a Black Hole.
Not every male poster here is as distinguished and gentlemanly as I am. So that is something to keep in mind.

Old 06-03-2017, 01:07 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
This is one thing that I actually don't have an issue with. I'm fine with paying for women on a first date, especially if we go to a sushi restaurant.

It's only money after all. Am I right?
Yes I'm the same actually and agree but Ruth's right unfortunately many blokes on here make too big a thing of it and think by picking up the cheque they're signing their bloody life away or something!

With many people there's too much much emphasis and analysis on " who should do that or this " etc, instead of going with the flow and just going out and enjoying yourself!

Old 06-03-2017, 01:08 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
As I said, I rarely approach anyone romantically.
I approach people, start conversations, and any number of things can happen from there.

For the record, I'm not omitting myself from the equation. I have, of course, elected to end relationships. Of course, I cannot say for certain, that those were the correct choices and that the relationships that I ended wouldn't have worked out better than relationships I continued. I can just say that I'm content with my choices.
And how do you choose which women to approach romantically and which to not approach romantically?

Old 06-03-2017, 01:13 PM

146 posts, read 121,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
OP, it's a polite way of saying, no, without going into specifics. Does this happen to you often? That would be my concern if I were in your shoes. Otherwise, I'd let go of it.
Some women i met seem to not be about much, they dont act like they are into it but seem to be being the one that brings positive energy to the table. Some of these women seem to not be trying hard enough or they come with an excuse as to why they simply cant choose a man

Old 06-03-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
From now on don't go out on a regular date. Meet her somewhere for a coffee or lunch. Keep it casual and don't spend a lot of money. If no chemistry, then you haven't spent a lot. She didn't want to end the date until you spent money on her meal and drinks. Typical.

hmm, does that sound like she used me ?

Old 06-03-2017, 01:16 PM

48,524 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:

Your use of bold characters and underlining betrays your true emotions.

Awww. Once again you think you know me better than me.

No sense having a conversation with someone like that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-03-2017, 01:17 PM

424 posts, read 236,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Awww. Once again you think you know me better than me.

No sense having a conversation with someone like that.
Okay, well, you're free to stop conversing at any time.

I guess I'll see you over in that other thread where you're still responding to me. Looking forward to it!

Old 06-03-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
How did OP get to date?

"She asked if I had a car, I said no."
cab

Old 06-03-2017, 01:21 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkplugnw View Post
Some women i met seem to not be about much, they dont act like they are into it but seem to be being the one that brings positive energy to the table. Some of these women seem to not be trying hard enough or they come with an excuse as to why they simply cant choose a man
I'm not being funny here but how old are you?

Maybe they've only matched your level of involvement? Meaning they feel you've not done enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships