Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2017, 01:27 PM

146 posts, read 120,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
You don't understand the term "Chemistry." It's a combination of a lot of things: Physical attractiveness, ability to carry on a conversation, and that hard-to-quantify match of personality traits.

One more thing. "Paid for her meal" signals a transactional approach to the entire business. Abandon that kind of thinking right off that bat.

But more importantly, you bombed on the date. Accept this and move on. You just didn't click. Question-and-answer is not a civilized form of conversation anyway, but being able to get her to open up is key to having the long, soulful conversations that really cement a bond between one person and another.
yea but check this out, before me and her met, we talked on the phone and she really wanted to meet me, (sounds to me we clicked very well on the phone). also, she told me before she met a guy and he looked uncomfortable and she could tell and he was a jerk. to me i think its her because i think she gave him that same energy, he might have not liked her but i did. i was nervous, her energy was very very positive and liking to me on the phone, but do you see what i mean ? i did not turn off that energy just because i was nervous. it seems to me that she was the one that seen something she did not like and it made the whole thing awkward. because why would she not keep that energy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 01:29 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkplugnw View Post
yea but check this out, before me and her met, we talked on the phone and she really wanted to meet me, (sounds to me we clicked very well on the phone). also, she told me before she met a guy and he looked uncomfortable and she could tell and he was a jerk. to me i think its her because i think she gave him that same energy, he might have not liked her but i did. i was nervous, her energy was very very positive and liking to me on the phone, but do you see what i mean ? i did not turn off that energy just because i was nervous. it seems to me that she was the one that seen something she did not like and it made the whole thing awkward. because why would she not keep that energy?
Had she seen a photo of you before you met?

Old 06-03-2017, 01:38 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:

For any number of reasons. That is what dating is for, to see if you like someone.

People break up after months of dating too, you like someone, you like someone, get to know them...... don't like them anymore. Doesn't matter that there were good vibes for awhile.

It's really not healthy for you to insist on knowing the reason why she stopped being interested, it should be enough just to know she isn't interested.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-03-2017, 01:41 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It's really not healthy for you to insist on knowing the reason why she stopped being interested, it should be enough just to know she isn't interested.
Seriously, she gave you a gift, OP. She could have taken the immature way out and just ignored your texts/calls but instead she had a backbone and told you the truth.

Time to move on.

Old 06-03-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
OP, what did you mean by this question?

What in your mind might not have been "ok" that you needed to ask about?

What is "this whole thing"?
i meant how did she feel on the date ? her mood does she feel uncomfortable. she lied and said oh everything is fine.

Old 06-03-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
You can't know if you are attracted to someone or not after spending an hour or so in their company? Nonsense. You generally know in the first few moments.
That cant be true, think it about like this. i judged people in the past at first they seemed crap, but seen them again and really liked them. not kidding

Old 06-03-2017, 01:51 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
i meant how did she feel on the date ? her mood does she feel uncomfortable. she lied and said oh everything is fine.
Saying she is fine does not automatically mean she wants to date you.

This is very unhealthy for you and perhaps you are not ready to date?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-03-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
This reminds me of the First Dates show on TV. We watch two people meet for the first time, have dinner and a few hours of conversation. It is strange to me that at the end of the date, after they have had a very lively and amiable conversation, and they seem to have a lot in common, one of them will decline a second date because of no chemistry.

No wonder they are still single, if they think a few hours of good conversation is no reason to see someone again. Has the younger generation come to judge a partner by whether or not they want to jump into the sack after two hours?
good point!

Old 06-03-2017, 02:03 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
Sometimes "clicking" on the phone does not carry over to real life.

Old 06-03-2017, 02:06 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
"Everything is fine" does not mean "I'm really feeling you and I think this is the start of something wonderful!".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships