Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 08:51 PM

146 posts, read 121,021 times

Advertisements

Does anyone understand some women, because i dont. I went on a date with a woman i met from online dating site. SHe seemed nice so we met at a restaurant, i paid for her meal. So when we met, she seemed to give off this energy that was a little negative, but as we talked more she seemed pretty cool. I asked her questions and she answered them well, i asked her if this whole thing is ok and she said yes it is. i was kind of looking the other way as if i could not think of much to say, but as time went on i started opening up. She started to seem cool as time went on, i asked her basic things and she seemed like she was not giving off bad vibes. but here is the thing, at the end of the date, she gave off this energy that was distant\negative. she said she has to go, i said ok see you. I texted her, and she said that she felt no chemistry and she did not want to go further and wishes me well, but it made no sense at all to me because she does not know me. she fails to see who i am and what i can do, it makes me think that she is going off of looks. i dont get it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 08:53 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkplugnw View Post
Does anyone understand some women, because i dont. I went on a date with a woman i met from online dating site. SHe seemed nice so we met at a restaurant, i paid for her meal. So when we met, she seemed to give off this energy that was a little negative, but as we talked more she seemed pretty cool. I asked her questions and she answered them well, i asked her if this whole thing is ok and she said yes it is. i was kind of looking the other way as if i could not think of much to say, but as time went on i started opening up. She started to seem cool as time went on, i asked her basic things and she seemed like she was not giving off bad vibes. but here is the thing, at the end of the date, she gave off this energy that was distant\negative. she said she has to go, i said ok see you. I texted her, and she said that she felt no chemistry and she did not want to go further and wishes me well, but it made no sense at all to me because she does not know me. she fails to see who i am and what i can do, it makes me think that she is going off of looks. i dont get it
"Going off looks" would be just seeing a photo.

After spending an entire evening with you, she wasn't feeling it. That's all. She gave you a straightforward answer, and all you can do is accept it.

Sorry, OP.

Old 06-02-2017, 08:56 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,182 times
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I put a lot less stock in first date chemistry than some do. I've known plenty of people (men and women) who I didn't connect with on any level until as much as some years later.

Of course, people aren't going to date someone for years hoping the chemistry will eventually show up.

If I'm attracted physically and she checks off some of the most important boxes, I'll go out with someone a few times to give a chance for the chemistry to develop. Others won't.

Old 06-02-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
"Going off looks" would be just seeing a photo.

After spending an entire evening with you, she wasn't feeling it. That's all. She gave you a straightforward answer, and all you can do is accept it.

Sorry, OP.
yea but, her vibes were positive, also she still dont know me well also she lied about her vibes. also you cant be feelin it in such short of time

Old 06-02-2017, 08:57 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Some people generally know right away that a person isn't a match and move on. Others sometimes give someone a 2nd date to see if the chemistry improves.

Her negative energy at the end of the date would have probably had me realizing that there likely wouldn't be a 2nd date.

Old 06-02-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I put a lot less stock in first date chemistry than some do. I've known plenty of people (men and women) who I didn't connect with on any level until as much as some years later.

Of course, people aren't going to date someone for years hoping the chemistry will eventually show up.

If I'm attracted physically and she checks off some of the most important boxes, I'll go out with someone a few times to give a chance for the chemistry to develop. Others won't.
right! let me tell you this too, 95% of women that got to know me really liked me allot. the only thing is i have a hard time getting them to see me for who i am. i am not with them anymore because they are different kind of people, but they still liked me thoe. but at first they did not really show much, when i seen them again it was a different story.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Some people generally know right away that a person isn't a match and move on.

Her negative energy at the end of the date would have probably had me realizing that there likely wouldn't be a 2nd date.
i was not feeling it with some women in the past who i have met, but then again it was their fault. they were the ones that "Brought" negative vibes to the mix, not me!
Also, you cant know something like that that early, that is what makes me feel she is saying it for other reasons. also, she asked me did i have a car, i said no, it seems to me that might have struck a nerve!

Old 06-02-2017, 09:01 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkplugnw View Post
yea but, her vibes were positive, also she still dont know me well also she lied about her vibes. also you cant be feelin it in such short of time
How did she lie? It appears she was honest with you which is good, at least she did not invest a lot of wasted time for both of you. Be grateful for the experience that was not completely awful and find someone else for a date.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:06 PM

122 posts, read 122,746 times
You can't go by reactions from the 1st date. Both parties are being polite. She did give you a honest answer which is way better than dragging you out.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:08 PM

i dont feel she had to be perfect or try to make something happen if she did not want to. but what i am saying is, she does not know me well at all what so ever. Let me tell you this, i am a person who is truthful and sometimes i feel some women cant handle it or they dont like it for some reason sometimes too. some people say when you like i person its not rational and i think i might agree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships