Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 09:51 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

And no, women are not a monolithic group that gravitate to one type, or one look, or one relationship type. That's just BS excuse making and not taking responsibility for oneself.
We don't agree too often, but I wish this ^^^ was a sticky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 10:19 AM

734 posts, read 842,631 times
Quote:
Went to undergrad and grad school in my 20s. No problem. Knew plenty of people working shift work, from bartending to restocking supermarket shelves 11pm - 7a, no problem. All dated. If someone didn't have the time to date, or didn't want to make the time to date, they should accept they made a personal choice and stop blaming others for not waiting around for them.
Did you go to school full time while working rotating shift work full time and living in a bad area? I'm sure you and everyone you know did that. Right.

Quote:
Living in a bad area to meet people is a personal choice.
Not everyone is financially secure at a young age or can afford to live in a more vibrant area or willing to take on a lot of debt in order to do so. If you want a great social life in your 20s, just get a loan and study a non-STEM field and move to a vibrant college. You'll have a ton of debt when you graduate (if you don't already have money), but at least you'll have a great social life.

Quote:
JGNs post just shows the mindset some dysfunctional dudes have. It's not reality. You notice is starts with him saying these guys that do not trust women. Well damn, if you don't trust someone, why the heck would you consider dating them? Those dudes need help.
Dysfunctional? LOL actually they tend to avoid dysfunction and want to keep it out of their lives.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
And no, women are not a monolithic group that gravitate to one type, or one look, or one relationship type. That's just BS excuse making and not taking responsibility for oneself.
It's hilarious the double standard that exists. If you are a woman that is promiscuous and you have kids out of wedlock, that's responsible! If you are a 30 something woman that is upset because none of these "red pill" dudes or whatever they are called want to commit, you deserve sympathy! But a responsible, hard working guy that complains about the dating scene or whatever is an irresponsible crybaby who deserves ridicule. Hillarious

Old 06-07-2017, 10:22 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago45 View Post
Did you go to school full time while working rotating shift work full time and living in a bad area? I'm sure you and everyone you know did that. Right.

Hey, if they don't have time to date, then they have no reason to blame others for that.

Quote:
Not everyone is financially secure at a young age or can afford to live in a more vibrant area or willing to take on a lot of debt in order to do so. If you want a great social life in your 20s, just get a loan and study a non-STEM field and move to a vibrant college. You'll have a ton of debt when you graduate (if you don't already have money), but at least you'll have a great social life.

That is their choice. I lived in a pretty good area for young people (Madison), had no debt (yay scholarships and state schools) and did alright. It's a personal choice. And plenty of people date in non vibrant areas as well.

Quote:
Dysfunctional? LOL actually they tend to avoid dysfunction and want to keep it out of their lives.
Then they're their own worst enemies, because anyone with that mindset is full of internal dysfunction.

You can't escape yourself.

Quote:
It's hilarious the double standard that exists. If you are a woman that is promiscuous and you have kids out of wedlock, that's responsible! If you are a 30 something woman that is upset because none of these "red pill" dudes or whatever they are called want to commit, you deserve sympathy! But a responsible, hard working guy that complains about the dating scene or whatever is an irresponsible crybaby who deserves ridicule. Hillarious
I don't know a single woman complaining about lack of dudes willing to commit. And definitely none looking for any sympathy. I didn't in my teens, my 20s, 30s, or 40s. Also only know two people that had kids without marriage, both did it by choice (in vitro), and both are amazing mothers and parents (one has since gotten married).

And being "resonsible" and "hardworking" and a whiny little boy in a man's body is going to turn people off, every time. No woman with any self esteem is going to put up with that crap.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
That is their choice. I lived in a pretty good area for young people (Madison), had no debt (yay scholarships and state schools) and did alright.
Madison is a great place for young people and you were lucky to be able to afford to live there.

Quote:
Then they're their own worst enemies, because anyone with that mindset is full of internal dysfunction.
How so? Because they expect others that they get involved with to live up to the same standards they have for themselves?

Quote:
I don't know a single woman complaining about lack of dudes willing to commit.
There are tons of articles written about this

Quote:
And definitely none looking for any sympathy. I didn't in my teens, my 20s, 30s, or 40s. Also only know two people that had kids without marriage, both did it by choice (in vitro), and both are amazing mothers and parents (one has since gotten married).
Only two? Are you living in a bubble?

Quote:
And being "resonsible" and "hardworking" and a whiny little boy in a man's body is going to turn people off, every time. No woman with any self esteem is going to put up with that crap.
Whiny? Not quite. Most of them guys have stopped giving a **** and could care less what others do.
So what makes you so mentally healthy and so qualified to judge others? What are your credentials?

Old 06-07-2017, 10:58 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Madison is a great place for young people and you were lucky to be able to afford to live there.

Luck had nothing to do with it. I volunteered during the day to break into my field, and worked nights at a call center and had roommates for several years, before living on my own. Then I decided to go to grad school in state which saved a ton of money. No luck involved.

The rest of it sounds like you live on the internet. The reality is, if someone isn't interested in dating and quit on relationships, they wouldn't be whining on her or complaining on reddit. They'd be living their life to their fullest without giving it any more thought.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Luck had nothing to do with it. I volunteered during the day to break into my field, and worked nights at a call center and had roommates for several years, before living on my own. Then I decided to go to grad school in state which saved a ton of money. No luck involved.
Uh, okay.

Quote:
The rest of it sounds like you live on the internet.
Nope, but nice try.

Quote:
The reality is, if someone isn't interested in dating and quit on relationships, they wouldn't be whining on her or complaining on reddit. They'd be living their life to their fullest without giving it any more thought.
*shrug*

The same thing can be said about you whining about the people that whine. You like to judge but do not like to be judged, eh? Understandable.

I'm done. Have a good day.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:37 AM

130 posts, read 71,794 times
Google AF/BB strategy for women. You might not like what you read.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:18 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,863,407 times
No.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:35 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times
Quote:
Who suggested that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships