Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 10:49 AM

473 posts, read 307,547 times

Advertisements

In my own experience it was a scary personality change in him. Maybe she was friends with you at beginnng just because you were nice to her and now when you act like a different person she is angry because you are not that nice guy anymore which she knew before. I don't know if many women enjoy male friends which actually are just as <bleep> as with they male friends.. Maybe she would not be friends with you at first place if you would act from beginning like you do now. You faked it.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-12-2017 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: language filter

Old 06-07-2017, 10:52 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Friendships like that usually never work out.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:48 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,032,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerDarling View Post
In my own experience it was a scary personality change in him. Maybe she was friends with you at beginnng just because you were nice to her and now when you act like a different person she is angry because you are not that nice guy anymore which she knew before. I don't know if many women enjoy male friends which actually are just as d-heads as with they male friends.. Maybe she would not be friends with you at first place if you would act from beginning like you do now. You faked it.
Yeah, women don't generally dig it when they find out the only reason a guy is nice to them is because he hopes to get in her pants. Go figure.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:12 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
Yeah, women don't generally dig it when they find out the only reason a guy is nice to them is because he hopes to get in her pants. Go figure.
Well of course there is a difference in behvavior when you are pursuing a woman romantically than platonically.

Old 06-07-2017, 04:48 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
When I friendzone a man he does what you did. Unless he is being stubborn and trying to change my mind. Which has worked before! Anyway, you are not trying to change her mind so what you are doing is totally normal.

Old 06-07-2017, 04:50 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
There is an in-between though. I have felt before if a man doesn't enjoy my friendship we would not make a good relationship. Friendship is the foundation. But if I am rejecting him I also don't feel like he needs to be focusing his energy and time on me as much. He wants to find a woman that is interested in more, he can't do that if he's focused on me.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:31 PM

153 posts, read 121,118 times
Then your friend can talk to her for hours and be a support system for her.

You both went into the situation exploring a romantic interest. During that process she made it clear she wasn't up for dating and you discovered she has anger issues. No obligation to pursue anything further.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:40 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
Never lived in the mindset that "gender" determined Friendships. So I am out on this one.

Good luck on modifying your behavior and ability to be kind to humanity. It is a life skill that take some bumps along the way.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:45 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,148,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
Of course, your advise is always welcome, but im more curious as to what happened when someone friendzoned you or you decided to friendzone someone. Did you continue to go the extra mile to make them happy or did you just treat them as one of your buds?
Guessing you're young, haven't been through this before.

I have an inner circle female friend, we friend-zoned each other not too many years ago (c. 2013). No, I don't go the "extra mile" for her, she's one of the guys...with a vagina. If she wants all that, sleep with a guy and make him earn it. I've only had to say once "I'm not your boyfriend, not going there" and that was that.

Nor does she do GF favors for me, that would be just icky. When I have actual GFs, or she BFs, we kind of fade off as three's a crowd. That insanity always passes, though: friends are forever and valuable, partners pretty much worthless over the long-term.

No woman I'm actually intimate with will ever be an inner circle friend that I tell things to except what they want to hear as my "GF." For as long as that lasts *chuckle*. Buds are buds, dames something else entirely. She knows that.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:24 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Quote:
It's not quite as simple as that...yes men may naturally feel intimate attraction for a woman, but it's definitely not all about "getting in her pants". Men can fall hopelessly and completely in love, can become attached 100% emotionally to a woman, and want not just her for her body, but for her genuine love, affection, and her heart (and which IMO, are even more important, than just the physical component). Please remember that men have feelings too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships