Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 06:28 AM

2,460 posts, read 1,356,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
It's probably time to speak of and think about the people you want to date as women. I'm not busting your ***** because a couple of years earlier and girls was probably still accurate. But a woman your age will likely take note of how you refer to them, and maybe not positively.

Maybe more importantly, girls, like boys, are kind of a pain in the a$$. Women not so much. How you speak helps shape how you think and vice versa, and how you think definitely shapes how you see the world. But I digress. Anyway, unless you're trying to commit a crime, you're aiming to date women.
I didn't understand what you meant by your last sentence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 06:33 AM

212 posts, read 156,447 times
This is what I don't get about the "No one likes me because I'm ugly" posts. Let's be honest, most people are shallow and even if they really are ugly, they try to go for someone who they find physically attractive. If you are ugly, date other ugly people. That's the reality.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:39 AM

2,460 posts, read 1,356,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsinSnow View Post
This is what I don't get about the "No one likes me because I'm ugly" posts. Let's be honest, most people are shallow and even if they really are ugly, they try to go for someone who they find physically attractive. If you are ugly, date other ugly people. That's the reality.
You said it yourself. Even if they are ugly, they won't settle for just any guy. You already said it yourself.

That's me
Mod cut: Image deleted.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-07-2017 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: We do not permit you to post a photo and ask for opinions about your appearance.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:40 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times
Learn to cook. Volunteer with old people, kids or animals. Work on appearing happy go lucky, even if you don't feel that way. Be sincere. Ask women out even if you get turned down. It gets easier like anything else. Practice, practice, practice. If you put your heart into doing these things you'll find a woman. Believe me.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:45 AM

212 posts, read 156,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsizat View Post
You said it yourself. Even if they are ugly, they won't settle for just any guy. You already said it yourself.

That's me
I'm saying you should go for ugly girls....

Old 06-07-2017, 07:32 AM

651 posts, read 407,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
Looks is usually #2 or #3 or even lower on their list in what they look for in a guy. #1 is confidence.
Oh, that magical word again

The guy obviously doesn't feel good about himself so obviously there is no way there could be any confidence. Perhaps genuinely accepting who you are may be helpful. As in, embracing your weaknesses so as no one could use them against you. Not caring about those things could be liberating if there is no other way to actually address/correct them.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:48 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,832 times
You aren't an ugly man at all OP. You are kind of an average looking guy (which is fine, most of us are average by definition. I'm an average looking woman). But you do look sad, maybe depressed--such emotions can also be mistaken for anger. Honestly, that's what's probably what's scaring women away. I mean, would you want to be around a person who looked sad and/or angry? I know it's probably hard because it's a Cacth-22, you are sad because you are unlucky in love, but you are unlucky in love because you are sad.

Perhaps the best thing you can do for yourself is forget women as best you can. Find something in life you can control that will make life more fulfilling and happy (such as tackle a new career path or subject at school, do some charity work that helps others and can help give you a sense of purpose and fulfill the desire to be needed, set your mind to solving a problem in your community that you think needs to be fixed). Just something to get yourself out of a rut of self pity because it's not doing you any favors in life.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:06 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,216,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnOfTheMack2017 View Post
the level of your attractiveness is found right in between your ears, bud.
So True........ It's an every day battle.... There is such thing as being realistic too though... An obese fat women with yellow teeth isn't going to get with Prince Charming even if she does feel attractive in her own mind.....

Old 06-07-2017, 08:25 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsizat View Post

That's me
Get a haircut, smile, and hit the gym. Problem solved.

Well, once you start looking a little more muscular, you are going to like your body, yourself and it will show - then start approaching women.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:36 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
In all those years, how many women have you asked out?
Probably around 10
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships