Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 08:48 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,216,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Probably around 10
Not playing the number's game at all, that's why you have never been on a date.. Just yesterday I went up to a beautiful women at the grocery store and asked her for her number and she said she had a boyfriend... But I'm so use to rejection I am desensitized to it.... Which is a good thing. To help you get over you fear of spiders hold one, fear of height, go sky diving, fear of rejection, get rejected.. This is an actually common therapy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 10:45 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
Not playing the number's game at all, that's why you have never been on a date.. Just yesterday I went up to a beautiful women at the grocery store and asked her for her number and she said she had a boyfriend... But I'm so use to rejection I am desensitized to it.... Which is a good thing. To help you get over you fear of spiders hold one, fear of height, go sky diving, fear of rejection, get rejected.. This is an actually common therapy.
I know but I don't have the self confidence to approach a lot of random women. Plus I'm shy until I get to know somebody so cold approaching is not really something I thrive in.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:00 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,216,687 times
Quote:
I know but I don't have the self confidence to approach a lot of random women. Plus I'm shy until I get to know somebody so cold approaching is not really something I thrive in.
Neither did I... But you gotta put yourself out there and over time you will build a thicker skin towards rejection.

I just read last night actually, TRUE REJECTION isn't asking for a random girl's number and being denied, it's actually spending months or years with some only for them to leave you after already getting to know the actual you... Just something to think about...

The more you get shot down the less personal you take it.... Stop having a fragile ego, start small by asking a stranger for a dollar, or asking for a discount the next time you buy something.......

Old 06-07-2017, 11:18 AM

641 posts, read 405,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
Looks is usually #2 or #3 or even lower on their list in what they look for in a guy. #1 is confidence.
Looks are nothing for a guy without confidence and assertiveness. Therefore if you have the latter two you're okay without good looks.

If you lack self esteem and confidence you won't get anywhere regardless of looks. It's your self esteem OP that's killing you with women, not your looks.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:26 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,452,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsizat View Post
You said it yourself. Even if they are ugly, they won't settle for just any guy. You already said it yourself.

That's me

You're far from ugly
So it's got to be the way you carry yourself, hygiene, and/or your social skills.
(Admit it or not, we all can use some improvement in all areas now and then.)

I agree with the other poster... start going to the gym.
You'll build your physique and confidence at the same time.
Confidence is important - a woman wants to feel the guy can protect her.

If you get into the habit of going to the gym at the same time/day... you may meet girls there.
What about going to some meetups and/or asking a friend/aquaintance to critique you?
You'll have to be willing to be vulnerable.. but you have to be vulnerable to get a relationship going

Old 06-07-2017, 12:34 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
Quote:

I used to be shy. This is something you can control. You put on your brave face, and you smile. You'd be surprised how many people will smile back at you, when you smile. Make small talk. If you think of something funny to say, then say it. People will respond. The more people respond, the braver and more confident you feel.

You'll always have that bit of shyness in the back of your head, but with practice, you control IT. Not the other way around.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:16 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I used to be shy. This is something you can control. You put on your brave face, and you smile. You'd be surprised how many people will smile back at you, when you smile. Make small talk. If you think of something funny to say, then say it. People will respond. The more people respond, the braver and more confident you feel.

You'll always have that bit of shyness in the back of your head, but with practice, you control IT. Not the other way around.
Well said!

I'd add it's one of those things in life like driving, or getting an education that's not absolutely necessary to live but it sure makes life a lot better. You just have to accept that it's not optional and do it no matter how hard it is. It will then get easier. I am kind of shy too and it took some doing to get over on it instead of letting it get over on me. Still working on it, matter of fact. Probably always will be. But it's not quite so hard anymore.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:27 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
You said it yourself. Even if they are ugly, they won't settle for just any guy. You already said it yourself.

That's me
Mod cut: Image deleted.
Dude, you're not ugly at all.

I have a good Indian friend that's your doppelganger, and hes pulling some serious tail. No, hes not rich, either, far from.

So, what do you think is the difference is between you two?

Old 06-11-2017, 10:18 AM

2,460 posts, read 1,356,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Then why don't you go to the gym?

If you are a 2, you can go up to being a 6-7 by having a nice body.

But of course it is easier to eat chips and cry about how unfair the world is instead of putting in some effort and get your butt off the couch.
It is very difficult to have a lean muscular body. Actors you see in the movies are using steroids. Also, their job is to look good, they get paid for it.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:22 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,461 times
Quote:
I am the kind of guy girls would never date. I am an unattractive guy. I am 26 years old and I've never had a girlfriend in my life. Only in my dreams.

Most of girls don't even talk to me. When you are an unattractive guy, it is difficult to talk to girls. Girls don't like you.
If you quit acting like a sally, there's probably at least a fat chick in your future.

Fat chicks are usually great in bed too.......your loss
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships