Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 01:58 PM

473 posts, read 307,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
So if cover myself in syrup, I have a chance?
My ex failed with chocolate but I am listening. What kind of syrup that might be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 05:46 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerDarling View Post
My ex failed with chocolate but I am listening. What kind of syrup that might be?
How does maple sound?

Old 06-10-2017, 10:40 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,608,601 times
This thread is a perfect example of how people say one thing online, or when they're giving advice, but do the opposite in life.

Everyone saying there's nothing wrong with it, but the reality is that there's nothing that turns a person off quicker than coming on too strong too fast.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:44 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,608,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
None of this makes sense at all.

Most of the stuff on here isn't pertinent to real life. The best thing you can do is make it clear you're interested in that girl. If not you end up pussyfooting around like a little baby. Be a man, if you meet someone interesting make it known youre interested. If the feelings aren't returned, move on quickly.

Easy.

There's plenty of ways to show clear interest without giving a speech about how much you like that person.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:51 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joearnold View Post
where did this whole "it shows weakness to express feelings" come from anyway?
Because you literally have to make yourself vulnerable to the other person in order to express feelings, and vulnerable means you are susceptible to harm.

I read this cool quote once that said something like, "Love is giving another person the power to destroy you but trusting them not to."

The way relationships are supposed to work is they are supposed to be mutual. So the problem with being the first one to express feelings is that there is no guarantee the other person will have feelings for YOU (mutual).

So you could just be out there, by yourself, with your feelings.

Personally, I think it's brave to tell someone you have feelings for them. But I'm weird that way.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:11 AM

473 posts, read 307,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
How does maple sound?

How about all different syrups plus honey one at the time? Take a picture of your face, mark what syrup or honey that is and write few sweet lines for me and I will feel which is the sweetest Sweeteness of face expression is just as important factor

Old 06-11-2017, 06:30 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,034,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
This thread is a perfect example of how people say one thing online, or when they're giving advice, but do the opposite in life.

Everyone saying there's nothing wrong with it, but the reality is that there's nothing that turns a person off quicker than coming on too strong too fast.
Yep. In truth, it requires a good bit of jujitsu, not coming on too strong but coming on strong enough. Being direct, but not too direct. It's a complex dance, one that requires intuition, perceptiveness, and good old-fashioned common sense. And I guess that is just too much for some people to handle. So they resort to Russian mail order brides.

Let's conjure up two scenarios where the same people interact in two completely different ways.

Scenario 1: A man and a woman have both come to a mutual friend's party. The Man has begun to fancy the Woman and wants to ask her out. They drift in and out of each other's orbit over the course of the night, exchanging clever conversation and then spinning away to talk to others. The Man does have his eye on her, but also has other people to talk with over the course of the party. As hot as he finds her, he is not treating her as the end-all, be-all culmination of his happiness in life.

Finally, as things are winding down, as things get mellow, the two talk again in a quiet backwater of the party. It's an amiable discussion, and the two begin squaring their bodies to one another. She touches his arm to make a point and laughs a little much at his modest jokes. The Man finally says, "Hey, I know this is probably coming out of left field and all, but how about we grab dinner sometime in the next couple of days? I'm having such a great time talking to you, I'd just like to get to know you a little better." She agrees, having enjoyed the conversation they've had so far. And, quite frankly, she's seen how he interacts with others over the course of the party. Others find him interesting and fun, thereby confirming her initial impressions of him. They make plans and begin dating.

Scenario 2: Same man and woman. The Man has been thinking about The Woman A LOT over the past few days in anticipation of this soiree and is primed to make his move. The minute he gets to the party, he beelines over to The Woman and begins talking to her. Clutching his drink as if it were his oxygen bottle, he follows her around the party or, at the very least, never lets her out of his sight. The Woman is beginning to notice how she is being continuously stared at and begins feeling as if she has a target on her back. Great. I thought he was cool, but I guess he's just another lovesick jerk.

Finally, in a quiet moment at the party, the long-expected ambush occurs. He pounces, cornering her, and says, "I'm very interested in you. I want to take you to dinner and see what happens after that." She catches the attention of her best friend across the room, subtly using the emergency SOS signal that says, "Rescue me from this guy." And, yes, women have such self-defense mechanisms. The Woman's friend swoops in with a hastily-invented excuse along the lines of "Hey, we're supposed to go pick Becky up from the airport, remember?" or some such. The Woman says, "Oh, that's right! Hey, I'm so sorry, but I need to go. Look, I'm just really busy for the next couple of months. Let me take a rain check."

Last edited by MinivanDriver; 06-11-2017 at 06:42 AM..

Old 06-11-2017, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerDarling View Post
How about all different syrups plus honey one at the time? Take a picture of your face, mark what syrup or honey that is and write few sweet lines for me and I will feel which is the sweetest Sweeteness of face expression is just as important factor
I could probably get some syrup, but my face is gonna need a little healing

Old 06-11-2017, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Yep. In truth, it requires a good bit of jujitsu, not coming on too strong but coming on strong enough. Being direct, but not too direct. It's a complex dance, one that requires intuition, perceptiveness, and good old-fashioned common sense. And I guess that is just too much for some people to handle. So they resort to Russian mail order brides.

Let's conjure up two scenarios where the same people interact in two completely different ways.

Scenario 1: A man and a woman have both come to a mutual friend's party. The Man has begun to fancy the Woman and wants to ask her out. They drift in and out of each other's orbit over the course of the night, exchanging clever conversation and then spinning away to talk to others. The Man does have his eye on her, but also has other people to talk with over the course of the party. As hot as he finds her, he is not treating her as the end-all, be-all culmination of his happiness in life.

Finally, as things are winding down, as things get mellow, the two talk again in a quiet backwater of the party. It's an amiable discussion, and the two begin squaring their bodies to one another. She touches his arm to make a point and laughs a little much at his modest jokes. The Man finally says, "Hey, I know this is probably coming out of left field and all, but how about we grab dinner sometime in the next couple of days? I'm having such a great time talking to you, I'd just like to get to know you a little better." She agrees, having enjoyed the conversation they've had so far. And, quite frankly, she's seen how he interacts with others over the course of the party. Others find him interesting and fun, thereby confirming her initial impressions of him. They make plans and begin dating.

Scenario 2: Same man and woman. The Man has been thinking about The Woman A LOT over the past few days in anticipation of this soiree and is primed to make his move. The minute he gets to the party, he beelines over to The Woman and begins talking to her. Clutching his drink as if it were his oxygen bottle, he follows her around the party or, at the very least, never lets her out of his sight. The Woman is beginning to notice how she is being continuously stared at and begins feeling as if she has a target on her back. Great. I thought he was cool, but I guess he's just another lovesick jerk.

Finally, in a quiet moment at the party, the long-expected ambush occurs. He pounces, cornering her, and says, "I'm very interested in you. I want to take you to dinner and see what happens after that." She catches the attention of her best friend across the room, subtly using the emergency SOS signal that says, "Rescue me from this guy." And, yes, women have such self-defense mechanisms. The Woman's friend swoops in with a hastily-invented excuse along the lines of "Hey, we're supposed to go pick Becky up from the airport, remember?" or some such. The Woman says, "Oh, that's right! Hey, I'm so sorry, but I need to go. Look, I'm just really busy for the next couple of months. Let me take a rain check."
Me thinks y'all might be making it a little too complicated. I feel if she's interested, she is. If not, find someone else.

AND NO CORNERING OR POUNCING!!!

Old 06-11-2017, 07:33 AM

39 posts, read 49,318 times
What if you've been talking to a girl for awhile, you've met a few times but you wanna go on a date, not as friends or f buddies but as an actual date

i sit weird saying "hey im intereste din you, lets go to dinner?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships