Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 08:23 AM

473 posts, read 307,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I could probably get some syrup, but my face is gonna need a little healing

Honey is antibiotic and healing... But what happened to your face?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 09:19 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joearnold View Post
What if you've been talking to a girl for awhile, you've met a few times but you wanna go on a date, not as friends or f buddies but as an actual date

i sit weird saying "hey im intereste din you, lets go to dinner?"
Yes, it's kind of weird.

Stop saying, "I'm interested in you."

Make it fun, cute and casual and EASY by just saying something like, "I heard about this really good Italian place. Wanna go there with me this weekend?"

Don't make it about her or "the relationship."

Old 06-11-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
What if you've been talking to a girl for awhile, you've met a few times but you wanna go on a date, not as friends or f buddies but as an actual date

i sit weird saying "hey im intereste din you, lets go to dinner?"
Some girls don't like the straight talk but I like. Something like "Hey, I was going to marry you 1.8.2018 so lets have our first dates tomorrow night". Of course he have to deliver it signed with his parents names which proves he is serious. And I will sue him if he is wasting my time

Old 06-11-2017, 02:03 PM

39 posts, read 49,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yes, it's kind of weird.

Stop saying, "I'm interested in you."

Make it fun, cute and casual and EASY by just saying something like, "I heard about this really good Italian place. Wanna go there with me this weekend?"

Don't make it about her or "the relationship."

but then i worry she will think this is just a friends thing

Old 06-11-2017, 02:08 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Not if you act like a date while on the date.

That's when you SHOW that you're interested instead of saying it. You show affection to her by being chivalrous, asking her questions about herself, and being interested in what she is saying.

End the date with a kiss and she'll know you're not trying to just be friends.

Old 06-11-2017, 02:15 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,611,888 times
Quote:
A man can let a woman know exactly want he wants from across a crowded room.

It's all body language, playboy.

Old 06-11-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
A man can let a woman know exactly want he wants from across a crowded room.

It's all body language, playboy.

No, it is not. It is also about they are able to read each other. I usually know what my dog wants if that is food, coddling or jogging but I have no idea what my husband candidates are wanting

Old 06-11-2017, 02:26 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,611,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerDarling View Post
No, it is not. It is also about they are able to read each other. I usually know what my dog wants if that is food, coddling or jogging but I have no idea what my husband candidates are wanting
Your dog speaks to you. He doesn't tell you what he wants with body language.

I'd like to meet this dog that's worth millions of dollars.

Old 06-11-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Your dog speaks to you. He doesn't tell you what he wants with body language.

I'd like to meet this dog that's worth millions of dollars.
Don't try to steal my million

I think I just cannot read men.. And they don't speak flowerdarling.. But I can read dogs.. Or at least my own

Old 06-11-2017, 02:43 PM

50,809 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerDarling View Post
That's different. If a man is interested in me romantically, I never had to guess. I knew from the way he looked at me, held my gaze, the way he stood slightly in my space...these are what distinguish a friend interest from a romantic interest. Some men are afraid to let that part of them out, they are afraid it's disrespectful, or they are so afraid the girl might think they want (gasp!) sex, that they are so ambiguous about what they want it just naturally becomes a friend zone. Chemistry IS about body language, voice tone, all sorts of things that have nothing to do with the spoken word.

Simply saying "I'm interested in you, wanna get dinner?" is not going to change the dynamic, he needs to learn how to convey romantic interest without announcing it.

Joe, women KNOW men want sex, it doesn't offend us. You don't have to come off as asexual, in fact it is probably preventing you from not ending up in friend zone.

Note I am not saying be an a** or act like a playboy, but there is nothing wrong with letting a girl know from the very beginning by the way you look at her, the way you brush the hair from her eyes, the way you take her hand and lead her across the street, that you are interested in more than friendship.

Deport is right. I have had men make me blush without saying a word from the other side of a room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships