Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 10:40 AM

48,521 posts, read 34,843,322 times

Advertisements

For a long time heterosexual marriage was the only acceptable option in society.

Has that changed? Yes. I think that's great, people should have the type of relationships they want without the threat of being stoned in the public square.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-07-2017, 10:43 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
For a long time heterosexual marriage was the only acceptable option in society.

Has that changed? Yes. I think that's great, people should have the type of relationships they want without the threat of being stoned in the public square.
I live in rural America. If I was out, I would be stoned in the public square.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:48 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,189,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

They still have the threat of getting their ass whupped if they disrespect the man because they think society caters to their twisted reality, and that they can make moves on another man's girl without repercussions.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:49 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
I don't think a person's relationship or what they choose to do in that relationship should be broadcasted to everyone.

Relationships are an individual learning experience for everyone.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
They still have the threat of getting their ass whupped if they disrespect the man because they think society caters to their twisted reality, and that they can make moves on another man's girl without repercussions.

Wait. What?

Old 06-07-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I live in rural America. If I was out, I would be stoned in the public square.
I admit, I've never been to rural American, and I have heard.... it can be conservative. I'm sorry!

Old 06-07-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post

Well........ keep up on your medical insurance?

Old 06-07-2017, 11:00 AM

651 posts, read 407,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
For many of the same reasons as anyone else. Or what anyone else claims. Not having Sexual exclusivity and romantic exclusivity simply does not take away the availability of those feelings for our spouses for some people. It is not like love, affection, commitment, honesty, tolerance, forgiveness live in short supply and if you spend them on someone else, you are reducing the available quantity for your spouse. Quite the opposite in fact.
I suppose there is a difference of opinion as to what marriage promise actually means. I guess its different for poly people.

My idea of marriage though is that you make an explicit promise to one other person and that person only. And if thats not the case, then whats the point?

Old 06-07-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMarlton View Post
I suppose there is a difference of opinion as to what marriage promise actually means. I guess its different for poly people.

My idea of marriage though is that you make an explicit promise to one other person and that person only. And if thats not the case, then whats the point?
Promising what your love and commitment means to both of you.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:22 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Do any vows promise sexual exclusivity at all? I always heard things like love, cherish, honor, care for, etc at weddings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships