Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 11:24 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times

Advertisements

So I'm curious. Were you with him before the accident, and that's the girl he wants, and he's waiting for you to heal?

If he met you after the accident, this is the a really bizarre story. You aren't well enough for an active lifestyle, and he's still here for years expecting you to be.

If you two found each other before this accident happened, it makes a little more sense. He's waiting (impatiently) for you to return to the woman he found so attractive.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:39 AM

888 posts, read 555,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
To be fair have you tried a little self reflection? There are a great many people out there that have gone through serious trauma and soldier on. The woe is me attitude can get a bit old and becomes contagious. Maybe he would be better served to move on.

Just sayin that life isn't all about your personal battles.

This to me is spoken like someone who has never dealt with chronic debilitating pain. She sounds like she is making due with her situation. Doesn't change the fact her boyfriend is acting like a jerk.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:42 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
People that say "find someone else."

It's probably not that easy. People are selfish and self centered.
It is far better to be alone than it is to live with someone who make you unhappy.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:45 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Did you even read the OP???? She has lingering effects from being in a serious car accident. Including rods and screws in various places to hold them together. her back, for instance. It also sounds like she has severe migraines.

here's a review for you:

I tell you one thing - if I was in the OP's shoes I'd have run this jerk off a long time ago.
She's not doing anything to help her situation but complaining. My brother in-law still hits the gym and watches his diet, and he's missing an entire leg that got blown off in Iraq and has less than 70% breathing capacity from a throat injury. Sorry, but I can relate more with the BF. There's nothing more awful to watch than seeing someone give up, which is what this young woman has done.

If she needs attention, she should buy a selfi-stick and go to town on Facebook, but if she wants sound advice, I gave it to her.......Sounds like you could use some tough love too honestly

Old 06-07-2017, 11:50 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
He doesn't have the same outlook or feelings towards health issues as you do.

It's not necessarily reflection of his feelings FOR you.

It could be his way of copeing with having to deal with this being part of his relationship and life. Instead of a direct focus on it at all times, he could be directing it off of it so his whole relationship doesn't focus around negativity and pain.

That said, if you feel unappreciated you feel unappreciated
That's the real issue here.

another thread where someone makes a complaint and everyone follows with "leave them!" As the only thoughts. There are two sets of "feelings" involved here. Only one is being presented.

...sigh.

Last edited by rego00123; 06-07-2017 at 12:02 PM..

Old 06-07-2017, 11:53 AM

4,861 posts, read 2,673,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It is far better to be alone than it is to live with someone who make you unhappy.

Amen..

Old 06-07-2017, 12:00 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
To be fair have you tried a little self reflection? There are a great many people out there that have gone through serious trauma and soldier on. The woe is me attitude can get a bit old and becomes contagious. Maybe he would be better served to move on.

Just sayin that life isn't all about your personal battles.
That was a very insensitive remark. Have you been in chronic severe pain? I have a friend who was in a severe auto accident who lost her job as an airline attendant and is in pain all the time. She used to be a funny outgoing person, but the chronic pain has had debilitating effects. She does do dog rescue with a certain breed but she is not the same. Have some empathy.

With doctors clamping down on pain meds, there seem to be few solutions. My husband shattered his T6 vertebra in 2007 and is still in constant pain. He takes Tramadol and get this, every 6 months he has to take a drug test to insure that he isn't selling the drug or taking illegal drugs.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:03 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clikrf8 View Post
That was a very insensitive remark. Have you been in chronic severe pain? I have a friend who was in a severe auto accident who lost her job as an airline attendant and is in pain all the time. She used to be a funny outgoing person, but the chronic pain has had debilitating effects. She does do dog rescue with a certain breed but she is not the same. Have some empathy.

With doctors clamping down on pain meds, there seem to be few solutions. My husband shattered his T6 vertebra in 2007 and is still in constant pain. He takes Tramadol and get this, every 6 months he has to take a drug test to insure that he isn't selling the drug or taking illegal drugs.
Yep. I take the same. I've had 5 heart surgeries...I have to take a drug test too...it's absolutely insane. Thanks junkies!

Old 06-07-2017, 12:20 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
It sounds like he's a bit insensitive to your needs, and you're sorta lazy. You kids probably aren't a very good match, so you might want to think about calling it quits.

I don't think I could be with someone that complained about health issues that didn't exercise or watch their diet, so I totally get him, but he should know you're not going to change by now, so why is he still there? SMH
Lol. Did you miss everything I said?
I said I cook at home and I have to be careful of what I eat or it makes me sick. I have stomach issues.

I said he thinks my diet contributes to my headaches....
It doesn't, I've had headaches since I was 7. I already know what triggers my headaches. I don't need to do a food diary to tell me crap I already know.

I only eat healthy and I'm skinny.
I do things like walk, I live in pain so it's not like I'm going to go to the gym and run or bench press.
I do yoga or light exercises.

This guy is just like talking to my boyfriend.
Totally didn't hear/read it right.
Goes off on a tangent and calls me lazy. I'm a size 2. He has no reason to whine.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:24 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Lol. Did you miss everything I said?
I said I cook at home and I have to be careful of what I eat or it makes me sick. I have stomach issues.

I said he thinks my diet contributes to my headaches....
It doesn't, I've had headaches since I was 7. I already know what triggers my headaches. I don't need to do a food diary to tell me crap I already know.

I only eat healthy and I'm skinny.
I do things like walk, I live in pain so it's not like I'm going to go to the gym and run or bench press.
I do yoga or light exercises.

This guy is just like talking to my boyfriend.
Totally didn't hear/read it right.
Goes off on a tangent and calls me lazy. I'm a size 2. He has no reason to whine.
Well, NOW, since you have already made up you mind about him and how he feels about you.
The real question becomes why have you chosen to stay with this praricualr person?

If you have this much distain towards them what keeps YOU where you are?

You have to understand other people are not you, they take in and disseminate information differently for a variety of reasons. While you may feel you are getting your points and expectations across with your words and actions that may not be the case for the other.

Have you had conversations with your BF about your expectations for him with your illness/limitations or are you just reacting to each and every little thing that bothers as it comes and wondering why "he just doesn't get it like you do"?

Last edited by rego00123; 06-07-2017 at 12:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships