Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 08:31 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy12345678 View Post
I'm talking about people who all they care about is working. They have no hobbies, passions or interests outside of their job and are content to be seen as merely a "provider". How can someone literally have nothing else going on in your life that you care about? I pose the same question to the women I spoke of earlier, the ones that are obsessed with and dote over their kids while having no individuality of their own. They have no interests, hobbies or passions either, and merely fit the role of a "caretaker".
I really do not have much in the way of interests and hobbies. Once in a while I find a good show that I like, but once I have watched every episode, than it is over. I drink wine. But you can only go to so many wineries and healthily drink a finite amount.

My big event this weekend was going to an anniversary sale at one of my favorite country stores. I picked up a few knickknacks for the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 09:54 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,469,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am pretty much a housewife personality wise. I do work, but I am really not cut out for it. I would love to be a full time homemaker.

I gravitate to men that are good providers. I also like the standard gender roles that the men mow the grass, take care of the cars, and the women take care of the kids and manage the house.

Sadly men today are mostly overgrown children that are incapable of doing anything. The ones that were raised to be handy, just want to hang out in bars or have no interest in raising a family or having a home life.
So essentially you're a passive dependent who wants a man to take care of your needs while at the same time you hold men in scant regard, if at all. Good luck with that. Talk about red flags! I was married to a "you" for 25 years and finally divorced it. I later married a delightfully independent woman with a good career. What wonderful difference - marrying my intellectual, educational and professional equal. Thank goodness she didn't clutter our home with knickknacks

As a man, I'd run from you. Very, very fast!

Old 06-12-2017, 10:35 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
So essentially you're a passive dependent who wants a man to take care of your needs while at the same time you hold men in scant regard, if at all. Good luck with that. Talk about red flags! I was married to a "you" for 25 years and finally divorced it. I later married a delightfully independent woman with a good career. What wonderful difference - marrying my intellectual, educational and professional equal. Thank goodness she didn't clutter our home with knickknacks

In addition, she says "I don't want a man to tell me what to do!!! I'm independent", when they want her to stop hanging out in bars all the time and texting exes in the middle of the night.....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-12-2017, 11:10 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,256,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy12345678 View Post
My grandmother was like this, she had no real interests besides cooking, cleaning and taking care of kids. What happens to these people to make their personalities disappear and for them to lose all sense of individuality? How do you get so lost in life and consumed with others that they forget who they really are?
Both of my grandmothers were feisty, opinionated women with outgoing personalities and social lives that extended beyond the boundaries of their homes. Sure, they were also SAHMs, who doted on their families, but that wasn't ALL they were. I admire them for carving out a niche for themselves during a time period that wasn't especially easy on women.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

Oh I am fairly independent. I have to be, but if I had a choice, my career would be just taking care of the house and kids. But instead I do work. At this point, I would just like to marry a man that makes a good salary that can support himself and possibly contribute to our mutual goals, wants to help raise kids and comes home every night.

I would love to meet a financial equal, but that has yet to happen.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
In addition, she says "I don't want a man to tell me what to do!!! I'm independent", when they want her to stop hanging out in bars all the time and texting exes in the middle of the night.....
I do not hang in bars all the time. I do eat in them frequently, but I leave after the meal. I usually have my kids eating there as well, so not there for a social / party event.

And no man will ever tell me what to do. I am my own person. Just as I would not tell a man what to do. If we are meant to be together, he will love who I am. I stopped talking to all exes in April of 2016. My phone has been pretty quiet since then, and I noticed I really do not have any close girlfriends. All I had was my exes over the years. I am still looking for friends to fill that created void.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:17 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,720,617 times
Quote:
I do not hang in bars all the time. I do eat in them frequently, but I leave after the meal. I usually have my kids eating there as well, so not there for a social / party event.

And no man will ever tell me what to do. I am my own person. Just as I would not tell a man what to do. If we are meant to be together, he will love who I am. I stopped talking to all exes in April of 2016. My phone has been pretty quiet since then, and I noticed I really do not have any close girlfriends. All I had was my exes over the years. I am still looking for friends to fill that created void.
Would you say you are the sort of woman that other women like and want to be friends with?

Old 06-12-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Would you say you are the sort of woman that other women like and want to be friends with?
I would think so. I have acquaintances, we chat when we run into each other, catch up, hug, etc. But I can't develop that bond where I get invited into their groups.

The group I use to hang with, stopped including me after I raised the rent for one of the members, at the end of her lease, after she failed to obtain financing to purchase the house at a discount (I was giving her the down payment, in lieu of selling the house with an agent). She has hard feelings because I was not going to continue to subsidize her rent so she could stay. She destroyed the house. I did not even bill the former tenant for the damage, and they stopped including me in all their activities. But who needs friends like that.

I usually do best with guys or older women. I do get invited frequently to do bingo with the older ladies and I do go a few times a year. I did a wine festival a few weeks ago, I met a woman old enough to be my mom and we had a great day, but sometimes it would be nice to have women friends my age.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:24 PM

To add to this, women that are married or in relationships avoid me like the plague. I have never figured out why. The only thing I can attribute is that I speak "guy" (beer, football, guns, motorcycles, cars, trucks, boats, atvs) I think this makes them insecure. But I certainly would never allow their man to come into me. I want my own husband, not someone else's.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:31 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,256,065 times
Quote:
To add to this, women that are married or in relationships avoid me like the plague. I have never figured out why. The only thing I can attribute is that I speak "guy" (beer, football, guns, motorcycles, cars, trucks, boats, atvs) I think this makes them insecure. But I certainly would never allow their man to come into me. I want my own husband, not someone else's.
Maybe you give off a strong "hunting" vibe without realizing it, that makes them leery of putting a possible target in your line of sight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships