Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2017, 12:24 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,223 times

Advertisements

Just this morning I found out that my ex, with whom I had been trying to rebuild something with, lied about his father dying.

Now, this isn't some "I had a bad childhood so I pretend my parents are dead" scenario. He told me he died last month, tried to borrow my car to go to the funeral, etc etc. Has told his therapist and many friends that his dad died.
He didn't know that I had a mutual friend who was friends with his dad (hell, i didn't either). The friend showed me photos that his father had taken in the past week. "Having a great time blah blah blah".

He had also told me over the years that his father had molested him. Now I don't believe that either. He used all these as excuses to continue being an alcoholic wreck..."I am in grief here!"- musta heard that one a million times. "I can't quit right now! My dad."

I am just absolutely reeling. I don't know that I have ever been so shocked at a revelation. If I have its been buried in my memory.

I cannot believe that someone would like about this. He had lied about other things, and I found them out. But this just shows me the depths of his depravity, frankly, and I feel sick at my stomach.

I have blocked him on every platform, including my phone, but he is involved with a number of people in our town and I am wondering if I should let them know so that they know how diabolical he is. Would that be stupid? Should I do anything? Anyone have any experience with lying liars?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 12:30 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,537 times
I think you are doing the right just disconnecting from him.

I wouldn't proactively warn people off him probably. Maybe if he came up in conversation. But he's digging his own grave here.

He's not only a liar, he won't take responsibility for his own behavior. He needs to sack up and stop with the "my dad!" nonsense. A lot of people have pain in their past. He's nothing special; he's just looking for an excuse to be a loser.

Old 06-10-2017, 01:48 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,034,778 times
Someone who lies about the small things will lie even more easily about the big things. That's a stone cold cinch.

Chances are that this guy has lied to you repeatedly in the past and got away with it.

Old 06-10-2017, 05:36 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
Just this morning I found out that my ex, with whom I had been trying to rebuild something with, lied about his father dying.

Now, this isn't some "I had a bad childhood so I pretend my parents are dead" scenario. He told me he died last month, tried to borrow my car to go to the funeral, etc etc. Has told his therapist and many friends that his dad died.
He didn't know that I had a mutual friend who was friends with his dad (hell, i didn't either). The friend showed me photos that his father had taken in the past week. "Having a great time blah blah blah".

He had also told me over the years that his father had molested him. Now I don't believe that either. He used all these as excuses to continue being an alcoholic wreck..."I am in grief here!"- musta heard that one a million times. "I can't quit right now! My dad."

I am just absolutely reeling. I don't know that I have ever been so shocked at a revelation. If I have its been buried in my memory.

I cannot believe that someone would like about this. He had lied about other things, and I found them out. But this just shows me the depths of his depravity, frankly, and I feel sick at my stomach.

I have blocked him on every platform, including my phone, but he is involved with a number of people in our town and I am wondering if I should let them know so that they know how diabolical he is. Would that be stupid? Should I do anything? Anyone have any experience with lying liars?
Well yes you've gone about things in the right manner in blocking him completely out of your life my love as lying about something like that shows his true character and lack of values

As for your telling your friends I personally wouldn't because if he's a compulsive liar he would be rather good at it and he may turn your good natured " heads up " to your friends into malicious gossip and create a problem or two for yourself when there's probably no need to as he'll get found out anyway I'm sure

Old 06-10-2017, 10:11 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,223 times
Thanks for the advice everyone. Yeah, I will just keep it to myself, this is a small town, and don't want to stoop.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:12 PM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
How morbid one could probably think of a dozen lies to get back into someone's life rather than my dad died.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:56 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post

.... I have blocked him on every platform, including my phone, but he is involved with a number of people in our town and I am wondering if I should let them know so that they know how diabolical he is. Would that be stupid? Should I do anything? Anyone have any experience with lying liars?
Walk away, don't look back.

Be honest, if anyone asks tell them.

Do not go out of your way to inform anyone.

Not your circus, not your monkeys.

Anything you might otherwise do, is just drawing yourself back into his circle of influence.

Old 06-11-2017, 05:45 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
That must have been awkward when you sent a sympathy card and the "dead" guy checked the mail!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships