Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 01:38 PM

49 posts, read 21,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Have you talked to her about it?

she constantly says she pushes it " for me". She works too btw, waitresses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 01:39 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacko View Post
It's something she won't stop doing, used to be funny, isn't anymore
Don't do it, Flacko. Don't eat food you don't want to eat. And tell her, I'm not eating food anymore that I don't want to eat.

Different people have different metabolisms. Some people crave red meat, some crave cantaloupe.

It's ridiculous for her to tell you what to eat.

Old 06-13-2017, 01:41 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Sure, but at the same time you don't get to opt out of doing any chores at all just because you don't feel like it. Nobody really feels like cleaning the toilet or doing the laundry or washing the dishes, but it needs to get done. Somehow, by someone, at some time. And if the OP is not working and waiting for his internship to start, and his GF is working and also has to do all of the housework, that ain't cool. GF might be overreacting, but it sounds like to the OP any request to do anything is overreacting.
I agree on everything you've said. However, regarding how well something is done, in an argument with my current partner several years ago she suggested that we agree that either of us could either be free of doing the task or do quality control, but not both. Now in our case neither of us was doing anything objectively poorly, just not as the other wanted it done, and we each got picky about the other's way of doing some chores. So there was balance. In any case, this has worked out well.

The other thing is that the OP appears to be spoiled and unaware, but the thing that jumps out at me the most of all the odd behavior described is one person turning off the electronic device another is using. That's real controlling. Lazy is lazy, and the concern is that the person never stops being lazy. Controlling is a different beast altogether. Most controlling people do not become abusive, but a huge % of abusive people started out as controlling.

Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
And my guess is, when she has a child that kid won't be able to make any choices for him/herself either.

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
she constantly says she pushes it " for me"
hmm.... So she's a "my way, or the highway" kind of person, disguising it as concern for you.

And she hates your dog.

What do you mean, she gets mad when you vacuum, or scrub the bathroom? Because you're sloppy about it, or is she kind of OCD about it?

Old 06-13-2017, 01:42 PM

OCD about it. Don't understand her issue w/ the dog, he just likes being around her

Old 06-13-2017, 01:46 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
OCD about it
On the one hand, the picture is not adding up to long-term compatibility. OTOH, I can't quite get my mind around a guy who seems to do pretty much nothing all day, having these conflicts over housecleaning with his working-girl SO. I mean, how mad could she get, if she came home and the bathroom gleamed, and the breakfast dishes were done, the kitchen counter clean?

Also, I don't understand the part about her turning off his games or internet, or whatever. In theory, that wouldn't even have to come up, since he has all day, every day to spend on that. He could quit when she comes home, so they can spend quality time together.

Old 06-13-2017, 01:48 PM

she'd do her best to find the tiny tiny spots of dirt I'd missed

Old 06-13-2017, 01:49 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Don't do it, Flacko. Don't eat food you don't want to eat. And tell her, I'm not eating food anymore that I don't want to eat.

Different people have different metabolisms. Some people crave red meat, some crave cantaloupe.

It's ridiculous for her to tell you what to eat.
My mom tells my dad what to eat all the time LOL. It's neverending LOL

Old 06-13-2017, 01:51 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I keep wondering about their parents' reaction when they decided they would move in together.
I am wondering how they can afford an apartment on a single waitress income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships