Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 12:55 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Lebanon? Why is that a big deal? Who cares if someone was raised Muslim, if they're not practicing? Even if they were practicing, it wouldn't necessarily be a big deal, depending on the sect, would it? Practicing Jews are just regular people, unless they're the ultra-conservative kind.

That's terrible that she had to lie to her parents about you. It sounds like the parents could be a problem. Also, it sounds like she has some maturing to do, herself. And you don't respect her friends; I can see why.

Is there anything else in the "base morals and values" department, besides the partying, that could be an issue? Just wondering. What are your and her goals in life? Has she even thought about goals? What are your and her spending styles; are you frugal, while she spends freely?

Sex does tend to cloud one's judgment. You haven't said why she's the best gf ever; presumably she's fun, smart, and caring? You get along great? There's just this matter of the parents disapproving of who you are, plus the crowd she runs with.

I wish I could wave a wand and make it all ok, but it sounds like it won't work out at this time. Maybe in a few years, she'll have matured, but that wouldn't solve the parental issue. What are they, fundamentalists, or something? The only "practicing" (church-going) Christians I know go to churches that have studied Islam and other religions, and are open-minded and welcoming.

edit: Wait, what? You've only known her 4 months? Wow, that's pretty intense for just 4 months of knowing someone. And you're in college? IDK, OP. I think you have plenty of time ahead of you to find a gf who's a better fit. 25 is a little young to be thinking about bonding with someone for life, someone who isn't a really great fit, and whose parents don't approve.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 06-14-2017 at 01:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 12:59 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferyatec View Post
I know there's no future
Say goodbye ASAP

Old 06-14-2017, 03:51 PM

12 posts, read 4,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Lebanon? Why is that a big deal? Who cares if someone was raised Muslim, if they're not practicing? Even if they were practicing, it wouldn't necessarily be a big deal, depending on the sect, would it? Practicing Jews are just regular people, unless they're the ultra-conservative kind.

That's terrible that she had to lie to her parents about you. It sounds like the parents could be a problem. Also, it sounds like she has some maturing to do, herself. And you don't respect her friends; I can see why.

Is there anything else in the "base morals and values" department, besides the partying, that could be an issue? Just wondering. What are your and her goals in life? Has she even thought about goals? What are your and her spending styles; are you frugal, while she spends freely?

Sex does tend to cloud one's judgment. You haven't said why she's the best gf ever; presumably she's fun, smart, and caring? You get along great? There's just this matter of the parents disapproving of who you are, plus the crowd she runs with.

I wish I could wave a wand and make it all ok, but it sounds like it won't work out at this time. Maybe in a few years, she'll have matured, but that wouldn't solve the parental issue. What are they, fundamentalists, or something? The only "practicing" (church-going) Christians I know go to churches that have studied Islam and other religions, and are open-minded and welcoming.

edit: Wait, what? You've only known her 4 months? Wow, that's pretty intense for just 4 months of knowing someone. And you're in college? IDK, OP. I think you have plenty of time ahead of you to find a gf who's a better fit. 25 is a little young to be thinking about bonding with someone for life, someone who isn't a really great fit, and whose parents don't approve.
Yeha I don't see the big deal either, and it's the best because we get along great, it just works although I'll be honest she's not the smartest, at all which was a bit annoying as she knows nothing about religion politics other countries etc which is what I've been studying, I'm not asking for a genius but atleast to know where a basic middle eastern country is or how certain things work here? Anyway no for the morals part, we're very similar which is fine, she has no particular life goals, has already graduated and is earning quite a low wage but that's about it, and we both spend well, she saves a lot which I like. And yeah I know four months is short but it just happened, but after thinking and reading this thread I've made up my mind I'm going to end it tmrrow

Old 06-14-2017, 04:11 PM

12 posts, read 4,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Say goodbye ASAP
I will

Old 06-14-2017, 05:31 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferyatec View Post
Yeha I don't see the big deal either, and it's the best because we get along great, it just works although I'll be honest she's not the smartest, at all which was a bit annoying as she knows nothing about religion politics other countries etc which is what I've been studying, I'm not asking for a genius but atleast to know where a basic middle eastern country is or how certain things work here? Anyway no for the morals part, we're very similar which is fine, she has no particular life goals, has already graduated and is earning quite a low wage but that's about it, and we both spend well, she saves a lot which I like. And yeah I know four months is short but it just happened, but after thinking and reading this thread I've made up my mind I'm going to end it tmrrow
I see this as a potentially major issue, if you two were to stay together. Right now, you're distracted with how compatible you are in other ways (except the partying), but that's because it's still a new relationship. You're dazzled. After a year with her, when ordinary things become routine, other factors would start to loom in importance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships