Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 02:50 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I don't care whether it's healthy. My cat won't be pushed aside for anyone. No human has done anything to earn my devotion the way she has.
This is how I feel about my dogs and no woman is going to make me choose between them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Oh, the people who call their pets "fur babies"? And who pat themselves on the back and expect kudos for being a "dog mom" on Mother's Day? Those people are a little nuts.
When I call my corgi a fur baby I literally mean it. He sheds fur all over the place and for a 7 month old puppy it's insane.

Old 06-15-2017, 02:56 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
When I call my corgi a fur baby I literally mean it. He sheds fur all over the place and for a 7 month old puppy it's insane.
Aw, puppy! But if someone asked you if you have kids, would you say, "No, but I have a fur baby"? That's the kind of weirdness I'm talking about. A pet is your buddy, but it's not a child.

Old 06-15-2017, 03:11 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
I once dated a guy who owned three dogs. I'm not really a lover of dogs (in the house anyway... animals belong outside in a barn imo) and he stopped seeing me because of it. I would never ever mistreat any animal, I like most dogs personalities, but it must have been obvious that I didn't like to go over to his house, because it smelled like wet dog, because they jumped on me, and because there was no where to sit that wasn't covered in dog hair. In summary, we were not compatible and he recognized that fact before I did.

My husband had a bunny when I met him. He was cute, but we didn't "bond", I tolerated him. Now he has gone to bunny heaven and we are pet free and I intend to keep it that way. Whew!

Old 06-15-2017, 03:27 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
I'll do my best to "bond" with her pet, if she'll do her best to "bond" with my wife. I'd settle for acceptance, though. ;-)

Old 06-15-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Aw, puppy! But if someone asked you if you have kids, would you say, "No, but I have a fur baby"? That's the kind of weirdness I'm talking about. A pet is your buddy, but it's not a child.
I wouldn't say that at all. I call him fur baby cause he sheds like crazy.

Old 06-15-2017, 03:37 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
Thanks for your sweet comment. I miss her every day. I didn't want to get another cat right away after that happened...and TBH, I didn't want another one. But, it's been almost 3 years since Cynthia went to heaven, and now I'm ready to give my heart and my love to another beautiful kitty. I almost feel like I'll be betraying her by getting another cat, but I just miss having one so much...
Aww, don't feel that way. You wouldn't be betraying her. No one is ever going to replace Cynthia in your heart but there are so many cats out there in need of loving homes, and you can honor Cynthia's memory by giving another cat a loving home.

Old 06-15-2017, 04:12 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
My girlfriend's diabetic cat died last August.

My cat welcomes the extra staff. My girlfriend is slightly allergic so I make sure the sheets & duvet cover are washed. I'm now #3 in the household. Demoted from #2.

I have a cat door out to the back deck in my master bedroom closet. My girlfriend isn't used to the catch & release behavior of an outdoor cat so I have to close the closet door to keep the cat inside at night. The garden snake two weekends ago was over her limit. I have something to catch & release pretty much every day.

Old 06-15-2017, 04:14 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Oh, the people who call their pets "fur babies"? And who pat themselves on the back and expect kudos for being a "dog mom" on Mother's Day? Those people are a little nuts.
awww, come on, don't be a hater. I don't call myself a dog mom but I call my single friends dog mom or cat mom because some of them wanted to have children and it just never happened. Or they are sad on mothers day. It cheers them up if they are recognized in some way even if it is "just" a pet mom.

Old 06-15-2017, 04:19 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
There's a lot of people that have what I consider pretty unrealistic relationships with their pets, which makes it to where no romantic partner can live up to the satisfaction of their pet. Think on that for a little bit. I love dogs and cats, but I'm very realistic about pet ownership. They're part of the family, but they're not going to be a huge deciding factor in my love life, unless that partner is obviously mistreating the pets. I've met more women in the last 3-5 years who consider their pets their absolute best friends. I just can't fathom that. I truly do love animals, but I draw the line.

I've had women tell me that since I wasn't head over heels about their pet that they felt it was best we don't see each other again. That's all fine and dandy. I'm not one to want to compete with another person's pet.
That's probably because so many romantic relationships these days are disposable and people aren't reliable. Pets are reliable. I trust my cat. Humans, not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships