Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 08:13 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegal View Post
that's what I was thinking. It seems more recreational or social these days, but then again I was pretty oblivious when I was younger...
I was not. I was right there. We had 1-2 girls around who got mileage on with lots of guys (but one at the time) but nowhere near doing stuff they nowadays do. I haven't even heard of all those experimental positions/'actions' back then.

It would have never happened at any party I was that a girl gets so drunk that multiple guys get busy with her. It just didn't happen. And if, the other kids (girls?) would have stopped it. And it would have never happened that the girl is proud of it afterwards and videos get send around. Different generations.

There were always some sex clubs around but let's be honest, hardly anybody went there and if so, it was very discreet. Now - it is all in the open and accepted. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 08:45 AM

273 posts, read 503,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
I guess this is for men, but also men over 30...do you feel like it is difficult to connect with girls aged 21-25? Sexually I think most men would be most attracted to this age group, but does the mindset/life stage differences are too big?
I feel like women in their 30s know what they want from life and relationship, that's a plus. But overall the physical aspect, plus 'low mileage' (if you care at all about history, some don't, same may apply for men, to avoid being called sexist lol), overall tends to tip the scale towards younger girls (if you are 30 something year old male).
divorced guy, late 30s. started dating 20-somethings after divorce. 20s girls seemed most interested in me and where very easy going. 30s women and dating felt more like a job interview.

eventually settled with a girl that's been a student most of her 20s. lots of fun, great bonding, etc. met her parents recently and we're looking a relocating out-of-state this summer.

Old 06-15-2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibit_B View Post
divorced guy, late 30s. started dating 20-somethings after divorce. 20s girls seemed most interested in me and where very easy going. 30s women and dating felt more like a job interview.

Of course you have more fun after a divorce with a 20 year old who doesn't give a crap about anything (yet).

30s women have expectations, goals, and ambition.

Old 06-15-2017, 08:57 AM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

Most of those women where you feel like you are going on an job interview instead of a date only care about money and [their] status.

If I felt like I'm on an interview and they start asking if I own or rent, I will tell them I live in my parents basement and work in fast food just to watch the expression on their face.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:23 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
I guess this is for men, but also men over 30...do you feel like it is difficult to connect with girls aged 21-25? Sexually I think most men would be most attracted to this age group, but does the mindset/life stage differences are too big?
I feel like women in their 30s know what they want from life and relationship, that's a plus. But overall the physical aspect, plus 'low mileage' (if you care at all about history, some don't, same may apply for men, to avoid being called sexist lol), overall tends to tip the scale towards younger girls (if you are 30 something year old male).
I'm 27 and tried being friends with a 21 year old once and trust me I'll never attempt to befriend a younger woman ever again. She was a pain in the ass.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:52 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Most of those women where you feel like you are going on an job interview instead of a date only care about money and [their] status.

If I felt like I'm on an interview and they start asking if I own or rent, I will tell them I live in my parents basement and work in fast food just to watch the expression on their face.
Or in my case. I'll just ask them have you been married and divorced, do you have kids, and did you vote for Trump? If all the answers are yes I'll just tell her we shouldn't see each again other just to see the stunned reaction on her face. It's an immediate case of incompatibility.

Last edited by 49ersfan27; 06-15-2017 at 12:13 PM..

Old 06-15-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Or in my case. I'll just ask them have you been married and divorced, do you have kids, and did you vote for Trump? If all the answers are yes I'll just tell her we shouldn't see each other just to see the stunned reaction on her face.
Now, THAT makes sense.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:59 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Of course you have more fun after a divorce with a 20 year old who doesn't give a crap about anything (yet).

I sense a little butthurt here. It doesn't necessarily mean the 20something doesn't give a crap about anything. He is right, I've noticed the same thing and the job interview date is one my biggest pet peeves.

I don't know owe a woman anything just because I asked her out on a date, other than to treat her well and do what we had planned.

I'm not there to try and prove something or convince her that I'm going to make 20k more a year 3 years from now and I'm going to seal the deal on 3 promotions.

As long as I didn't lie to her, her expectations mean nothing to me and nothing is owed to her, that's all on her and how she is approaching dating.

If we went to dinner and a baseball or hockey game and had a good time, that's all she is owed. I'm not there to be subjected to a psychoanalysis and have my bank account and net worth analyzed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post

Totally agree. The job interview date from woman is almost always at least partially money/status related. Like I said, that's all on her, all I did was ask her out, hypothetically. Her expectations and/or issues or baggage have nothing to do with me.

I could care less how much money she expects a guy to make or what her preconceived Disney fantasyland notions are, if she's not happy she can go pound salt and pay her own tab for that matter.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 06-15-2017 at 11:32 AM..

Old 06-15-2017, 11:02 AM

148 posts, read 103,148 times
If you're 30 and can't connect with 21 year olds, it's because the 21yo is boring/idiot, or you are an old soul who probably never did connect with them. At 21 they havnt had mortgages an marriages, but they have had a lot of life experiences. Yes sometimes you will feel old but 95% of the time you should feel equal.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:03 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,718,408 times
Said it once and I'll say it again, we all age. There's no escaping that.

I don't care if older men want to date women my age. I won't be one of them. People of all ages can have ambitions or just sit on their butts. If you want to date younger girls, that's your decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships