Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 07:06 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
What I've noticed about some young men, and to a degree, some older men, too, is that they put women into one of two categories: doable and not doable. I've actually had conversations with some of these twits and that is their world view. I would never apply that to every man - I've met a lot of decent human beings - but I will say, I do see a trend on this one point among some of them...and they complain they don't know how to meet women. Maybe that's part of it?
With all due respect, you are seriously kidding yourself if you think most women don't do basically the same thing and classify men as "doable" or "not doable." Maybe men classify women faster, and they certainly brag about it more, but "the friend zone" exists for a reason.

Old 06-18-2017, 07:16 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
[list][*]First you call us girls. Men date women, not girls.
So, you're saying that men make women, not girls, their girlfriends?

I'm pretty Politically Correct. I think the language that we use matters. I make a concerted effort to say "woman" instead of "girl". I don't think "womanfriend" and "manfriend" is going to replace "girlfriend" and "boyfriend" anytime soon.

Old 06-18-2017, 08:47 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
I don't like politically correctness, which is why I just refer to my friends as friends, people can guess what sex they are.

I'm never going to call a man my age, boyfriend.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:28 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,829,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I don't like politically correctness, which is why I just refer to my friends as friends, people can guess what sex they are.

I'm never going to call a man my age, boyfriend.
Agree. I always introduced my dates by their name, or sometimes with the addition "This is Jack, my date". Under what circumstances people need to know more than that, I don't know.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Agree. I always introduced my dates by their name, or sometimes with the addition "This is Jack, my date". Under what circumstances people need to know more than that, I don't know.
According to the majority in this thread
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...od-reason.html
not disclosing your marriage or child raising intentions is reason to be dumped.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:55 PM

Reading comprehension:
The thread you indicated had nothing to do with introducing your significant other to friends. It was about posting a message on social media that you "haven't found the one yet, you are looking for the one". What we're talking about is it's nobody's business if the person you're with is your "boyfriend or girlfriend" --terms you as a politically correct person endorse.
Emotional intelligence:
If it was my significant other, I wouldn't hurt their feelings by putting out a status saying "when I find the right guy I'll know."

In person referring to friend as friend vs social media status update.
2 different things.

I don't do Facebook!

Old 06-18-2017, 09:57 PM

97 posts, read 61,598 times
Guys, gals, let's all just be honest here.

The guys women don't want to date are such because they are physically unattractive, and/or not wealthy.

The vast majority of the bad behavior described by the OP would be excused if the man doing them is a young, attractive hunk. Why is a less attractive guy hitting on you at the bar a creeper, yet an attractive guy doing the same is not?

It's amazing how women complain about men who approach them being "creepy", yet the men who don't approach or aren't interested are either "scared" or "superficial jerks who don't deserve them anyway".

I am a woman, and the hypocrisy of my gender on this issue bothers me quite a bit. At least men are more straightforward in their superficiality.

Old 06-18-2017, 10:05 PM

You don't speak for all women, just the type found at red pill.
A guy's attitude and personality are more definitely a turn-off for me than looks. Women who aren't superficial don't care about money, cars, and looks first. Ugly on the inside translates even in the dark.

ETA: Welcome 'new guy'.

Old 06-18-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Reading comprehension:
The thread you indicated had nothing to do with introducing your significant other to friends. It was about posting a message on social media[
In person referring to friend as friend vs social media status update.
2 different things.
Reading comprehension:
In the other thread the OP specifically stated there wasn't a difference between online behavior and in real life behavior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Dreamer View Post
This is what I'm saying. Some people say social media shouldn't be taken seriously because it's not real life when it IS real life.

Quote:
What we're talking about is it's nobody's business if the person you're with is your "boyfriend or girlfriend"
Reading comprehension:
That's exactly the point that I brought up in the other thread - stating "I'll get married when I find the right person" is a statement of general fact, not a statement specific to the current situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
YOU might be posting your innermost thoughts
That doesn't mean that everyone is.

I use social media more than the median person, I would imagine. I don't publicly post about my relationships. "When I meet the right person" is as much information as most of my friends/followers/whatever need to know about my reproductive and relationship plans.

Quote:
--terms you as a politically correct person endorse.
Reading comprehension:
I did not endorse those terms. I simply said I didn't see them going away.

Old 06-18-2017, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
blah blah blah, too many words.
A relationship status update on social media would not reflect that you are still looking for the right one if you are already seeing one. It's being disrespectful to your SO. Calling a friend a friend is not rude.

It doesn't matter how many different ways you try to insert your opinion on two different threads, and derail them both, your thinking is not the same as the majority, and is just that, your opinion.

The end
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships