Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2017, 11:22 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
She let one of them buy her gas.
He just pumped it. I paid for it.

In my defense, I had told him I was not interested in meeting him. He begged me and said he would come to where ever I was just so he could meet me. He was beyond desperate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 11:22 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
And I also miss not having the extra work that comes with owning a home. So I can totally see why people choose to rent and I'd never penalize them for not buying a house.
Yeah, there are always exceptions. It's like I would never date someone who didn't have a car...... unless it was somewhere like SF or NYC, or some other reasonable explanation.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-27-2017, 11:24 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
She let one of them buy her gas.

Naïve boy wanted
Support me and those guys kids
Premium unleaded

Old 06-27-2017, 11:30 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I see your point, but I am not one that cares about this stuff. I had an ex that lived with me that never had money. I paid for everything, including taking care of his children while he was hanging out with some chick in a bar. She got him locked up and it was me that he called to come bail him out. Nope...I went and got his bike, but left him sit until they released him.
Quote:
I probably easily met one a day, But sometimes it was literally just meeting them in a parking lot, saying hi and rolling out after I quickly determined they were not the guy for me.
Quote:
Yup I agree. They were messaging me, and I was meeting them, chewing them up and spitting them out just as quick as could be.

What I learned from it was that I am never attracted to someone I just meet. I have to warm up to them as a friend first. So online dating strangers will never be my thing.

This is truly excellent data and survey info in regards to how a lot of women are approaching OLD. It totally goes along with a number of my theories. Thanks for the input, duly noted.

Quote:
Have you ever considered it is the opposite? That the skewed perception and expectations are on you? Just something to consider.

I found OLD to be a hyper reality of RL. It's the same thing, just on a greater scale.
It is not the same at all I've already explained why in other threads. My perception is based on statistics and hard data, for me my expectations are the same for RL and OLD both. I expect to be date the same quality of woman from online, that I can date from RL. Many men have stated that they feel they have to lower their standards online.

What he sad is true in the context of OLD due to the vast amount of options women have online and how many receive 100 messages in one day. That will totally give skewed perception and "there's always a better deal around the corner" mentality.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:31 AM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Naïve boy wanted
Support me and those guys kids
Premium unleaded
The Haikus are back!

Old 06-27-2017, 11:44 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
This is truly excellent data and survey info in regards to how a lot of women are approaching OLD. It totally goes along with a number of my theories. Thanks for the input, duly noted.

It is not the same at all I've already explained why in other threads. My perception is based on statistics and hard data, for me my expectations are the same for RL and OLD both. I expect to be date the same quality of woman from online, that I can date from RL. Many men have stated that they feel they have to lower their standards online.

What he sad is true in the context of OLD due to the vast amount of options women have online and how many receive 100 messages in one day. That will totally give skewed perception and "there's always a better deal around the corner" mentality.
I can assure you I was not looking for the better deal around the corner.

I just wanted to find the one guy that would fit with me, latch on to him and stop doing online dating.

But in the process, all I was meeting were guys I was not attracted to and I dug a little deeper and realized I have never dated a guy that I had not known forever prior to dating him. I need to bond as a friend before I can ever be attracted romantically to a man.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post

So all those men sending out messages to 100s of women are not skewed in their perception? Because that's kinda the same thing....

Because I found them to be a little unreasonable in their expectations.....

The difference between you and I is I understand that it is hard for both genders.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:05 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,580 times
Both genders have our struggles. Men are generally more focused on looks and women on stability. When I say more focused on, I mean its the first thing we notice. Although with online dating women have also become more focused on looks, making it harder for a man to stand out. Men have to be funny and very creative in what we say in profiles, vs women don't need to put any thought into anything but their pictures. I find it skewed against men.

As for the age thing, I don't know. I'm not quite as good looking as I was in my 20's, but way more successful and want a family. That should make me a catch in the right city. I do think age works against women more than men, but what do I know. I'm having problems with age in my 40's. But I'm not opposed to dating a 40 something year old woman if she takes care of herself. I just see many letting themselves go and thats not attractive to me, since I have not done that.

Lowonluck, I never said I was 40. It is a decade, after all. So you, as a nearly 40 year old woman with 2 kids think you can get a late 20's man and hold onto him? You must be a supermodel or something if that's the case, and way friendlier in real life, both of which I doubt. Ask Demi Moore how that worked out for her.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Both genders have our struggles. Men are generally more focused on looks and women on stability. When I say more focused on, I mean its the first thing we notice. Although with online dating women have also become more focused on looks, making it harder for a man to stand out. Men have to be funny and very creative in what we say in profiles, vs women don't need to put any thought into anything but their pictures. I find it skewed against men.

See. YOU may not care what women put in profiles, but there are men that do, very much so.

I always went for looks first (you have to have attraction), then to the profile which would make or break the chance of even chatting.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:11 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
See. YOU may not care what women put in profiles, but there are men that do, very much so.

I always went for looks first (you have to have attraction), then to the profile which would make or break the chance of even chatting.

Seriously. If I was going to message someone just from some cute pics, I'd be messaging 20 people a day. Cute women are a dime a dozen.

It's no different. You look, you read, if its place with questions you both answer, take a look at those, then decide to write or not. Same for both sexes, in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships