Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2009, 02:37 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
I would bet that liberal familes' kids do it at a much earlier age than kids from conservative families. Sort of has to do with values being taught. Unfortunately, many liberals are divorced, so that means the kids aren't as supervised, and probably the best values weren't instilled in the first place. Otherwise the parents wouldn't have divorced.

We know urban areas, especially black inner cities are hugely liberal and hugely promiscuous. Liberals are generally poorer, less educated, and less religious, so all this makes sense.
LMAO...you sure don't know much about your rightard hero Palin then do ya!!! How bout ol'Newt,Rudy G. etc etc etc...hell even that dottering old fool that neoCONS like you worship Reagan was divorced wasn't he? You need to find a new game buddy,cause you are really weak at this one.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:28 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,774,353 times
I do think it's true...when I was in high school 20 years ago, I knew tons of kids who weren't virgins anymore...and they say that kids today are growing up even faster. It makes me worry about my kids in another decade, and how I'm going to deal with the sex talk.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:13 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Looks like the moderators had a field day here...

I was sort of a late starter, I was 18, only 2 months away from turning 19, and I remember the exact date. August 26th, 1975, after helping my high school/college girlfriend move into her college apartment. I also remember a monsoon thunderstorm that rolled into Phoenix that night.... Sharon and I had a storm of our own too!

Old 03-02-2009, 06:46 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,648,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
I read an article yesterday that said the average age of first intercourse is now 15. Please tell me this isnt true!!!! Im no prude, but good grief, most people at 15 are children in every sense of the word!!
That late? Wow. Most of my friends growing up back in the 80's lost it at 12-13. I was late at 16. Not by choice. I was just always grounded.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:04 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times
I was 15. She was a teacher. (Not at my school) We met in line at a grocery store and became good friends. In retrospect, I believe that she wanted to introduce me to the pleasures of intimacy, but I was far too naive. And I think she was too worried about the consequences. I truly believe that had we been together, I would've certainly not had any "emotional damage"...sigh.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:26 AM

968 posts, read 2,588,463 times

I was a late bloomer. LOL

But I was also a chubby kid.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:34 AM

Location: Gilbert, Arizona... a suburb of metro Phoenix in the East Valley
154 posts, read 287,783 times
Thumbs down you are wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
Really? If your daughter is 16 and has, as you put it, no interest in sex "in any way, shape, or form" then I would kindly suggest that you take her to physician and have the doctor check her out because she is probably not healthy. Assuming she has begun her menstrual cycle, it is not normal for a healthy 16 year old person to have no sexual desires whatsoever.

I'm not saying that your daughter is doing the football team, but I would suggest that parents like you, who think that their teen child has no interest in sex, are often the one most surprised to find that in fact their kids are -- shockers! -- sexual beings.
While it may be true for BOYS at that age, the same cannot be said for all girls. Most girls interests in sex are due to peer pressure, pressure from a boy they date, pleasing their partner, out of curiosity or sometimes due to a strong sex drive. Girls are not driven in the ways boys are... most sexually active girls have said it was an oustide influence, not an internal drive that propelled them into being sexually active. There may be a few out there, but you are speaking from a primarily male perspective.

My daughter would brag to me IF she were sexually active to rub that fact in my face to try and hurt me. Due to her mother's disrespect shown me in our marriage and a nasty divorce she's taken sides sides on, sadly, she's tried any and everything to hurt me, even physically, so yes... trust me, when I say I KNOW she is not sexually active.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:31 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
I have two daughters....

I hope they wait past 15. That is way too young. I was 18 if you don't count when I was in the wrong place at the wrong time

If there is one thing I wish for my girls, it's to not become sexually active too soon and too soon is before they've had a chance to grow up and before you really get to know a person. Sex tends to get in the way of relationship development. Young couples seem to think that a good relationship is one where the sex is good but sex drives change throughout our lives based on circumstances and things like newness of relationships.

I am praying that heredity is on their side. They have multiple female cousins who weren't interested when young. A couple who never even dated until they were through with college because they felt they were too busy for a relationship. I think I'll send my girls to spend the summer with those cousins.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:06 PM

219 posts, read 736,227 times
When I was is grade school back long ago there was a girl that was 10 years old that was having sex with boys 12 to 15 granted she look like she was 15 but she was still so young and boy did she have a bad name at school.
I waited until my 21 birthday before I gave it up.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:39 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,574,446 times
I was 14 but it was not in the US so it was natural!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships