Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2008, 12:40 AM

2 posts, read 4,319 times

Advertisements

im nineteen i just got out of a very serious relationship...that was actually my first real relationship...my bf was six years oldr than me had a child and was more mature than me (as can be expected). I loved him very much...even tho he treated me very badly...i was pretty much his personal assistant...i watched his son (constantly), did his laundry, cooked, i did everything for him. It actually got to the point that if he needed a beer (or drink) he would not have to ask i just got up and got it for him.(just one example) I think my behavior stems from always being a people pleasor...to the point that i am always used...by everyone! Well About two months ago...we were having problems..and i decided that i needed to grow a back bone, grow up and take care of myself before anyone else. Well now that we are completley over...im worried that i jumped the gun! if u cant tell by what i wrote above i am a very emotional person...and i dont know if i can handle military life....i want to be my own person. Be responsible. Not so codependent. But im worried i hurried into somethin that i should have thought more about...When i think about what i want to do with my life..i just want to go! Leave this town and get away from all the people that use me...im a strong person i know this...no one could put up with the things that i put up with(just because i love them) so knowing when i set my mind to something or someone and i can completly withstand anything...im worried that i can not do it for myself...So my question is should i think more about my navy life...or should i finally believe in myself? and do something just for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 01:05 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
May I ask, are you in the Navy or a dependent?

Old 03-14-2008, 03:11 AM

38 posts, read 326,408 times
have you tried talking to a therapist? Sounds like you have quite a few personal issues to deal with before you move forward in life.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:25 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahtrtle88 View Post
im nineteen i just got out of a very serious relationship...that was actually my first real relationship...my bf was six years oldr than me had a child and was more mature than me (as can be expected). I loved him very much...even tho he treated me very badly...i was pretty much his personal assistant...i watched his son (constantly), did his laundry, cooked, i did everything for him. It actually got to the point that if he needed a beer (or drink) he would not have to ask i just got up and got it for him.(just one example) I think my behavior stems from always being a people pleasor...to the point that i am always used...by everyone! Well About two months ago...we were having problems..and i decided that i needed to grow a back bone, grow up and take care of myself before anyone else. Well now that we are completley over...im worried that i jumped the gun! if u cant tell by what i wrote above i am a very emotional person...and i dont know if i can handle military life....i want to be my own person. Be responsible. Not so codependent. But im worried i hurried into somethin that i should have thought more about...When i think about what i want to do with my life..i just want to go! Leave this town and get away from all the people that use me...im a strong person i know this...no one could put up with the things that i put up with(just because i love them) so knowing when i set my mind to something or someone and i can completly withstand anything...im worried that i can not do it for myself...So my question is should i think more about my navy life...or should i finally believe in myself? and do something just for me?
This belongs on another forum unless there is something specific to Colorado Springs.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:04 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,376,177 times
Well, she mentioned the military, so I beleive that has alot to do with Colorado Springs.

I understand what you're going through hun. I was in a simiar situation.

Just remember, there's other guys in Colorado Springs that arent in the army.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:07 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,003 times
I think the OP will get more advice on the "realationship forum", so I have moved it there.

forum rules, please read them

Old 03-14-2008, 08:18 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,470,817 times
I think you have a lot of soul searching to do and that is best done alone.
Best of luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships