Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 11:51 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,921,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilll View Post
Its not just the pick up line some of the guys that make a career out of using psychological ploys beyond some womens thinking capabilities. If I were less savy when it comes to having a clue when someone's working me, I certainly wouldn't want to be victim to the guys that take the art of such a craft serious.

I did a search on Amazon and came up with a bunch of titles. But thought this one [SIZE=3]" [/SIZE]was most interesting [SIZE=3]"The Professional Bachelor Dating Guide - How to Exploit Her Inner Psycho[/SIZE] . Might see if they have a copy at my library. Why? Just because.

Personally, I find the human mind and what motivates certain actions and behaviors facinating. I think the book I listed would be an interesting book to read. For me its not much different than reading about the behaviors of a serial killer and how why they target their victims.
Here's the link. It has a high user rating of ~4.5/5.0.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 11:46 AM

10 posts, read 61,156 times
Okay to answer the question, I have glanced through a couple of books on how men can pick up women. I haven't bought any or checked any out at the library but with titles like "How to get her in bed without spending money" my curiousity was up and I had to glance through it LOL.

Books like that are entertaining and I'm up on some of the techniques some men might use to get a woman. I laugh at most of them though but some of them have interesting things to say...at least I know if a man tries something on me that he read in a book I'll be ahead of him by a step because I'll already know what he's doing....(does that make sense to you guys? lol)

Old 03-19-2008, 11:52 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Well, you typically lift using your legs, not your back, right?

Old 03-19-2008, 11:58 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Then throw her over your shoulder and haul her back to the cave, show her where the cooking fire ring is.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:57 PM

85 posts, read 334,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMyFace View Post
Books like that are entertaining and I'm up on some of the techniques some men might use to get a woman. I laugh at most of them though but some of them have interesting things to say...at least I know if a man tries something on me that he read in a book I'll be ahead of him by a step because I'll already know what he's doing....(does that make sense to you guys? lol)

Darn skippy it makes sense.

cpg & Lt. Dan Too funny

Old 03-19-2008, 04:15 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,921,648 times
^ I agree w/ Aprilll's comment on Kiss' making sense and Lt. Dan's caveman stuff.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:49 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 4,234,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Yes. I don't need to read books, we have to do a manual handling course for work.

Serious answer: No.

Why?? Ah I see, you're thinking if we don't know what the tips are we'll be fooled... I agree with Lindsay, you can spot cheese a mile off.

Anyway it doesn't need a book, it's perfectly straightforward: Be yourself - don't exaggerate or pretend to know about things you don't, or pretend to like things you don't.

Unless being yourself involves talking about yourself, how great you are and how much you earn and looking in the mirror the whole time. Then be someone else. Preferably someone with a smaller ego.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:58 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,125 times
Maybe she's trying to determine when a guy is trying to pick her up, or if he is just being friendly..

Old 03-24-2008, 04:20 AM

342 posts, read 1,831,465 times
I don't read books on it, but I have read and still occasionally peruse through the dating and sexuality articles (for men) on askmen.com and found them to be always entertaining and often insightful. A lot of times the advice is applicable to both men and women (wether it be decoding body language, discovering different erogenous zones, or the art of the pickup and leaving good first impressions). Other times, it's interesting to peer into the male psyche and mentality. Either way it sure beats the advice you would find in a frou frou sex column or dating article in a women's beauty/fashion magazine. Those are useless and usually not even entertaining.

And if it wasn't clear already, I'm a heterosexual female.
That said, I have been told that despite being an undeniably feminine person atleast in appearance, I don't think like the "typical female" or that I think more like a guy sometimes, so maybe that's why I can relate to these articles and their approach to dating/sexuality. I think it's my rational/practical approach to certain things and views of particular situations that elicit these comments, but I would disagree that those are necessarily masculine traits. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Last edited by vemureaux; 03-24-2008 at 04:37 AM..

Old 03-24-2008, 08:09 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Gosh. It's been years since I've been on the dating scene, and hope never to be in it again. That being said, I found it easy to talk with women. Let me see if I can break it down in easy steps. Just read this and send $5 to www.liftwithyourlegs.com.

1. Actually look reasonably well groomed, not like you just finished a 60-day cattle drive. Oh, and try to avoid brown clothes, plaid clothes, and polyester clothes. And don't under any circumstances wear something that's brown, plaid, and polyester. Brush your teeth more than once a day, get a decent hair cut (No you don't have to look like you're a member of the Osmond family or selling Whole Life policies or anything. Just be mindful of your hair, no matter what length you care to make it).

In short, how do you expect a woman to respect you if you cannot respect yourself enough to look decent? And please don't kid yourself with stupid justifications such as the nonsensical expectations of fashion. While you don't have look as if you stepped out of the pages of GQ, looking like you stepped out of a 70s sitcom is a bad idea, too.

2. When you first meet a woman, ask yourself this question first: What color are her eyes? That way, you're not starting out with this deal killer: How big are her boobs? A woman wants to be regarded as a person, not a life support system for mammary glands.

3. Here is the perfect opening line: "Hi, I'm _________. What's your name?" followed by a handshake that's firm, not viselike. No cheesy lines. No playing it cool. Just be a person. A woman can usually identify a player from 1000 yards off, and if you're reading this thread for advice, then you're not that good at the game.

4. Your object is to get to know her, not bed her. Trust me. There's a difference. Forget the double entendres. Forget the invitations to drive back to your place to view your etchings. Just be a fun guy to be around. I don't care how much your hormones are raging. Unless she's completely blotto or nondiscriminating, it ain't happening that night.

5. Be more interested in her than in yourself. Seriously. I had a friend who, every time a woman who gave him an opening, would run down a scripted monolog of his assets in hopes that she would perk up, rip off her blouse and shriek "Yes, take me now, my steed!"

Women just aren't that impressed by your baloney. They prefer to find that stuff out on their own, thanks. In fact, even if you are very accomplished in life, such as a heart surgeon or a Pulitzer-Prize winning playwright, do yourself a favor and NOT reveal such things about yourself in the first thirty seconds of a conversation. In fact, even if you are a cardiac surgeon, respond to her initial question about your occupation with something flippant such as "Rum Runner" or "International Spy" just so you don't sound bragadocious. Instead, ask her questions about her, and respond. Probe deeper into her answers. For if women have an Achilles Heel at all, it's their deep seated desire to talk about themselves. Be a good listener, and she'll usually be one in return. If, on the other hand, she only asks perfunctory questions about you before steering the conversation back to herself for another 30 minutes soliloquy about her job, her friends or her family, run away. You have a narcissist on your hands, and she'll absolutely suck the life out of you without giving you anything in return.

In short, remember what the definition of a Bore is: Somebody who talks about himself, rather than talking about you. Don't be that guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships