Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 02:55 PM

14 posts, read 8,055 times

Advertisements

I need an advice

I was in a relationship with a young lady for almost 2 years. The kind of relationship when we both knew that we are in a relationship but it was not an official one. We did travel together and I slept with her twice ( one big mistake ) because I do really respect her and I do care about her and deeply in love with her so I should have protected her from everyone including myself so after that, I never slept with her again because I was seeing her as my future wife . She is the one who approached me through Facebook after seeing me many times at the uni ( I’m an old-fashioned man, so I had the Facebook for only three months then I deleted it after ), she was getting divorced and I was the one who helped her and gave her support, care and advice and we almost talked every day for 5 hours or more , we used to do everything together and I was a real gentle and caring man, taking her out to best places, giving her gifts, being so good with her ( she is not a gold digger either, she is s very classy, genuine and did help me several times, she even lent me 15 k one time ) anyway , I was having troubles with my life so I kept silent but was even caring about her more and more , I didn’t want to tell her that I want to marry her because I didn’t want to give her hope then break her heart later . After that, I realised that she changed a lot and when I was ready, I told her about my real intention to marry her then she told me that was shocked and she thought that we are just friends because I was talking about my future with the girl that I will meet in the future and marry her ( it was a mistake, because I should have been straightforward ) , many things happened and a lot of drama so I sent her a 1500 words goodbye letter ( very polite and emotional one, thanking her for everything and wishing her the best, then I told her that I am gonna block her because I need to move on and I still care about her and wish her happiness ), after that , I had to go back home for good so I texted her telling her that I want to meet her for the last time and gave her some gifts and I made a collection book for our pics together with comments about how did we meet up, how good is she etc . I went home and she made it clear that we are just friends on distance and I was texting her but she was very cold and I told her that it’s better to text each other from time to time because you are not interested or care anymore ( even as a friend ) and she told me that she is calm but she is afraid of my decisions and behaviours . Anyway, so I kept texting her like once a month or twice a month ( just formal, how’s life, family etc ) and she is always replying back to my text on the same day. I even helped her a lot during this time and kept supporting her and motivated her since she moved to another city, and I even sent some stuff for her family as she asked me and she insisted to give me the money but I told her later which I’m not gonna get it from her. Then I told her that I’m coming back to her city ( not to meet up or chase her but my life has changed and getting better ). She is replying back to me whenever texting her and telling me about her life because I’m asking her but she never texted me first and deep down, I’m thinking to send her a nice birthday message ( not reminding her about our days but just to raise her up and make her happy ) and then disappear for good without saying a word.

What do you think? I know her very well, she is not cheap or bad. , actually, she is a very good girl but she is having troubles in her life but have to do that for my own sake because I’m dying every day.

I’m thinking that if she cared about my feelings, she was able to make an excuse such as you are a Muslim and my family won’t accept that, something like that but she didn’t Instead, before she rejected my proposal , she was always telling me that I know that you are sad and disappointed deep down you think that I’m a **** but I told her that I do always see you as an angel and even these days , I’m praying for her while do my prayers and wish her to be happy and have a good life .she told me before that she is in love with me and even with I told her that I’m blocking her, her reply was that she will be always respecting me, and she is appreciating everything that I have done for her and she will never Forget me .

I believe that ( kindness is a character of Strength ) and Always be the best and treat people in a Good way so God will always help you and guide your steps. I’m a very mature young man ( 27 years ) but I’m kinda arrogant ( I mean I’m not into chasing anyone, or force myself in Anyone’s Life if they don’t want to ) I’m good looking, shredded , good education, running my own 2 million dollar business, have an amazingly supportive family and most importantly, that I have a big Heart inside so thinking that I need to move on and will meet up the right one in the right time for the right purpose but I don’t know if I should keep in contact with her from time to time or let her go because I still love her

Thank you and God bless all

So... what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 03:01 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
You need to remember this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost man View Post
I told her about my real intention to marry her then she told me that was shocked and she thought that we are just friends
... and then stick with your original promise to block her and STOP texting her.

She is not in love with you, and you told her you needed to move on. So follow your own advice and stop sending her mixed messages.

Your behavior is not that of a shredded, "arrogant" owner of a $2M business. You are behaving like a child who cannot have what he wants.

Leave her alone.

Old 10-14-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You need to remember this:

... and then stick with your original promise to block her and STOP texting her.

She is not in love with you, and you told her you needed to move on. So follow your own advice and stop sending her mixed messages.

Your behavior is not that of a shredded, "arrogant" owner of a $2M business. You are behaving like a child who cannot have what he wants.

Leave her alone.
Dear Lady,

Thank you for your reply and thank you for spending your time and effort to read it. I do agree with you that when you love someone, you might end up behaving illogically. At the end of the day, some people are practical and some are emotional and some are good and some are bad.
I will stick with your opinion since I am lost and I need to keep moving forward with my life ( no expectations, no disappointment ) will just text her again in December wishing her a happy birthday then will totally disappear from her life.
if you love something let it go if it comes back to you it's yours if it doesn't it was.
Thanks again for your harsh but honest comment.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:09 PM

I have found that when our emotions are keeping us from moving forward in a situation, being direct is best.

You have conflicting feelings that are keeping you stuck. I was not trying to be harsh but just trying to cut through what is unnecessary to help you sort this out.

Good luck to you.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:17 PM

Thank you, Dear.I really do appreciate that. I know, its so hard to do but I will do it

I just can't believe the fact that you can be in love with someone then you don't care anymore. If love was genuine and real, feelings will never fade.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
If love was genuine and real, feelings will never fade.
That should be a huge clue to you that it wasn't actually love.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
That should be a huge clue to you that it wasn't actually love.

The thing that makes me even sadder when I see her actions

when she was struggling in her life, she came into my life and I didn't even ask her to do that, then when I was struggling with my life, she didn't even bother though she was always there for me at the beginning but not when I had so many troubles and pressure.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
The thing that makes me even sadder when I see her actions

when she was struggling in her life, she came into my life and I didn't even ask her to do that, then when I was struggling with my life, she didn't even bother though she was always there for me at the beginning but not when I had so many troubles and pressure.
Yeah

That's not love. That's not even a friend. That's what we call a fair-weather friend:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fair-weather_friend

Old 10-14-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Yeah

That's not love. That's not even a friend. That's what we call a fair-weather friend:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fair-weather_friend
yea Dear, that's sad but only God knows what is her reality and her real attention.

Old 10-14-2017, 05:06 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,698,043 times
Is there a Cliff Note version available?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships