Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 09:31 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,452,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Ree View Post
It might be a good idea to mention what you plan to cook to give her the opportunity to decline if it's something she cannot tolerate for whatever reason. At the very least, she would know whether to bring a complementary white or red wine if she knew what was being served. That's how I would handle it if I was making him dinner.
Yes, yes, and more yes!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2017, 09:51 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Both.

Plus how he responds to minor frustrations.
How carefully he considers your preferences and feelings.
How he manages his home/kitchen.
How he takes compliments.

That kind of thing.
That's a great answer.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-06-2017, 10:00 PM

204 posts, read 129,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That's a great answer.
Indeed! Hope the guys reading this pay attention. There's some gold from the ladies in this thread!

Old 10-06-2017, 10:05 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy HalfNelson View Post
Indeed! Hope the guys reading this pay attention. There's some gold from the ladies in this thread!
My husband cooked for me on like our 5th date. He was a wonderful host and very proud of his cooking. I ate it and told him how wonderful it was..... I married him anyway.

In a lot of ways I don't think connections are made on the successes, but on the failures. How you handle it and the fun you can have with it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-06-2017, 10:09 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
In a lot of ways I don't think connections are made on the successes, but on the failures. How you handle it and the fun you can have with it.

Old 10-06-2017, 10:24 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Maybe I'm ol fashioned but I'd be reluctant to ask a woman over for me to cook for her because it just has a "Netflix and chill" vibe to it. We'd have to be an item and not just super casual for me to do that sort of thing.

To answer the question I'd find out if she'd be open to your "specialty" and go from there. LOL, I like to dabble around the kitchen and have a few things I like to whip up. Hopefully said lady has an open palate.

Best of luck in the cooking endeavors.

Old 10-07-2017, 12:09 AM

2,894 posts, read 2,452,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Maybe I'm ol fashioned but I'd be reluctant to ask a woman over for me to cook for her because it just has a "Netflix and chill" vibe to it. We'd have to be an item and not just super casual for me to do that sort of thing.

-Snip-

Best of luck in the cooking endeavors.
I am old fashioned like that too. Somehow it implies a certain amount of intimacy that, on my part at least, comes later than just a date.

Old 10-07-2017, 01:43 AM

16,072 posts, read 21,144,062 times
I think by the time my ex offered to cook the first time for me we had been out enough times that he had a fairly good idea of my likes and dislikes. I believe he said something along the lines of "I make a pretty mean meatloaf, would you like to come over this weekend and let me fix dinner for you?"

Old 10-07-2017, 02:22 AM

38 posts, read 23,866 times
I'd prefer kind of both. Blow me away with your skills, but get an idea of the foods I like first just to make sure your specialty isn't full of stuff I hate, like onions or ranch dressing. I wouldn't want to have to choke something down just to be polite.

Old 10-07-2017, 02:43 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
My husband cooked for me soon after we first met. It wasn’t a date, but he was trying to impress me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships