Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 11:43 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A lot of women aren't interested in military guys. They're no competition for civilian guys who have their act together.
Interesting..when I was in college (college age since i didn't do standard 4 year college), if I wanted a guy with his act together, I had to date military.

Now its the opposite LOL..which I'm fine with. I never wanted the military life..its really really hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 11:48 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Interesting..when I was in college (college age since i didn't do standard 4 year college), if I wanted a guy with his act together, I had to date military.

Now its the opposite LOL..which I'm fine with. I never wanted the military life..its really really hard.
I have no idea if military men have there act together or not I don't date them. I do know there is lots more competition in my city for women. I appreciate the advice people have given me and will reflect on it. Honestly though with my personality and social awkwardness I believe the deck is stacked heavily against me.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I have no idea if military men have there act together or not I don't date them. I do know there is lots more competition in my city for women. I appreciate the advice people have given me and will reflect on it. Honestly though with my personality and social awkwardness I believe the deck is stacked heavily against me.
We all have social anxieties and akwardness about us. Super easy to work on, it just takes time. Maybe start with going to parties thrown by people you know and make conversation with guests about how they know the host..and go from there. baby steps. The best men I met used to be super awkward men who grew out of it.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:54 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yes he did. He was on the job, and he was in a position of authority over someone. Not cool.
I know someone that met this way while in passing, except the genders were reserved and they're not married with kids.

And people ask each other out or get their number while in a position of higher authority on the job all the time. This is nothing new whatsoever.

She could have just said no to him and moved on. Like I said, he did nothing wrong. Of course, asking a woman for her number straight off the bat is often usually a failed endeavor, but he probably figured he'd never see her again, so he took a chance.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:54 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
The way to get past the social awkwardness (aside from practicing with random women in stores/public, as earlier suggested), is to get involved in activities with women: team sports, hobbies, volunteering, Meetups, hiking or ski clubs, etc. Conversation flows more spontaneously, because you're sharing an activity together. You already know you have at least one interest in common. You're seeing the group regularly, so you have time to get to know each other gradually, and organically. It's the ideal strategy for shy people.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:55 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Are you saying you have some sort of personality disorder?

Are you receiving therapy or treatment of some kind?

Old 10-08-2017, 05:06 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,305,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
While I agree that the experience of women can be pretty scary...a dude asking for a woman's # is hardly harassment! unless he got scary and violent when she said no, but that is not what happened.

ughhh...no wonder men are so scared of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Yup.

Then some women wonder why so many guys end up going the online dating route.

The TSA agent did nothing wrong.
Well from what I read, she was home schooled, that explains alot, which is why I'm not a fan of that. Kids need to learn social skills. A girl from a mid-sized city who went to public school probably would've said no thanks and kept it moving. Not feel the need to tweet about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
Give up. We're not all designed to date. Embrace the eternal bachelor inside.

This really only work if you have an extreme low libido or if you're in a place like CA or TX where you can shoot over the border and have all the pretty woman you want in one night----LEGALLY

Although I will admit your idea does leave more money in a guy's bank account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yes he did. He was on the job, and he was in a position of authority over someone. Not cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Exactly. And Larsen herself never called it an assault or harassment, it's an uncomfortable situation that she had to deal with as she was trying to put her shoes and laptop in a bin. The TSA agent was certainly in the wrong.
Ok folks, lighten up. He wasn't her teacher. The transaction was probably over, and in his job he likely wouldn't see her again so he took a shot. I doubt he even knew she was an actresss. She's not exactly known worldwide in the realm of say Angelina Jolie or Halle Berry

Old 10-08-2017, 06:14 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times
In my country we have gentlemens clubs. One can go to their bars and chat to sny number of women who are genuinly interested. They won't spend too much time on you if you don't 'hire' them but I'm sure a decent tip from time to time would keep them talking. That could be good practice.

Old 10-08-2017, 06:50 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
In my country we have gentlemens clubs. One can go to their bars and chat to sny number of women who are genuinly interested. They won't spend too much time on you if you don't 'hire' them but I'm sure a decent tip from time to time would keep them talking. That could be good practice.
This is a valid strategy.

Old 10-08-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
no. Strippers are paid to make even the dweebiest guy feel like a sex god, so of course they'll talk to him. He needs to learn how to talk to women who don't necessarily have a reason to talk to him. He needs to learn how to give a woman a reason to talk to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships