Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2017, 11:20 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregfloripa View Post
I don't believe that's true. Think of any other skill you have in life, it was either through learning or someone showing you. Yet in dating you don't get taught anything in school nor do we get shown how to do it usually. I think it's a skill like any other, social skills can be learned by reading as well and then learning by doing it. You need both in my opinion
Maybe. Some guys are just born naturals. Me not so much. I finally became successful when I realized that women are not just people. They are lovers! When I met an attractive (to me) woman, something would happen - a sexual sensation. Those were the girls that responded to me.

When I met my wife that's how it was. I felt a stirring. I said to myself "I want you". She behaved kinda strange and disappeared. I met up with her again sometime later and got involved. She told me then that she felt the same way about me at the first meeting - she said she was so affected by me that she had to leave! So something in my body language got her attention and fired her chemistry.

Women are lovers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 06:59 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Maybe. Some guys are just born naturals. Me not so much. I finally became successful when I realized that women are not just people. They are lovers! When I met an attractive (to me) woman, something would happen - a sexual sensation. Those were the girls that responded to me.

When I met my wife that's how it was. I felt a stirring. I said to myself "I want you". She behaved kinda strange and disappeared. I met up with her again sometime later and got involved. She told me then that she felt the same way about me at the first meeting - she said she was so affected by me that she had to leave! So something in my body language got her attention and fired her chemistry.

Women are lovers!
I wanna be like you. Teach me.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:07 AM

639 posts, read 376,510 times
leading you on and then disappearing into thin air wasting my time, but it's how it goes with our flaky snap-chat superficial society.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:55 AM

651 posts, read 407,983 times
The most frustrating part for me is that I rarely feel anything towards the person I am meeting. Most recently, I was talking to this nice girl and we met a couple of times. She definitely is pretty and has a nice body and decent personality and yet, I felt like there wasnt much to hang on to. Like on one hand, I would like to have something physical with her. But on the other hand, I felt just.. indifferent, I guess? She also felt the same so there was that understanding at least.

Bottom line is, I need to be around someone for a while in unassuming situation before anything real emerges. Otherwise I might be kinda grossed out by strangers, I suppose? So yeah, casual dating is not my thing. Farewell, dating apps.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:20 PM

88 posts, read 61,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMarlton View Post
The most frustrating part for me is that I rarely feel anything towards the person I am meeting. Most recently, I was talking to this nice girl and we met a couple of times. She definitely is pretty and has a nice body and decent personality and yet, I felt like there wasnt much to hang on to. Like on one hand, I would like to have something physical with her. But on the other hand, I felt just.. indifferent, I guess? She also felt the same so there was that understanding at least.

Bottom line is, I need to be around someone for a while in unassuming situation before anything real emerges. Otherwise I might be kinda grossed out by strangers, I suppose? So yeah, casual dating is not my thing. Farewell, dating apps.
This is completely normal. I have found that for every 50 women I meet, 1 of them will click with me perfectly. And those are the kind of women you should pursue (for a long term relationship or marriage). Then there might be another 10 that you have a good vibe with, and you kind of enjoy their company and their personalities. But there isn't any "love" beneath it all. And the rest of the 39 will just not agree with you at all. They will be exactly the way you described above.

So, don't give up just yet. Although I do agree with that dating apps have less of the "quality" women on average, compared to say meeting a random bunch in the subway. But it's still possible to find gems if you keep trying.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:38 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Being a man

The one thing I hate about dating is being led on / strung along. I'm one of those people where it has to be a yes or a no. If it is a no, then I'll happily move to the next.

Now I understand that there are tons of people that can't take rejection and they will react in ways that are undesirable but I promise I am not that guy.

Or...

you don't have to. I just realized that anything other than a yes is a no.

Old 10-17-2017, 01:36 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post

Women are lovers!
I've been told the same. Some people say I look very innocent and some people say I stream out an intense and deep sexuality. Never knew if it is true or they just want into my pants

Old 10-17-2017, 01:54 PM

728 posts, read 472,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
With the best will in the world, I'd rather learn something I see value in. From what I've seen on this board, dating and relationships only make life more complicated than it has to be.

I can flirt like a champion as long as there's no chance of either side following through .
Yeah, that's me. Two years ago, there was another woman I worked with that I flirted with during the day through texts. Then she texted me at night while I was cleaning the kitchen. She said, "I wanna do anything with you even if it's egging stop signs." I told her I never thought she was serious. I explained it's been years since I dated, and I don't date co-workers. She was seeing a supervisor anyway.

Old 10-17-2017, 02:18 PM

88 posts, read 61,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I've been told the same. Some people say I look very innocent and some people say I stream out an intense and deep sexuality. Never knew if it is true or they just want into my pants
Do you feel like you have that effect on all women though? Or just specific ones? For me it only happens when I'm drawn towards the woman myself for some reason. If she isn't my type, then that side won't show up and she won't really like me either. Have had a lot of those dates. Personalities just doesn't match.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:42 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles XII View Post
Do you feel like you have that effect on all women though? Or just specific ones? For me it only happens when I'm drawn towards the woman myself for some reason. If she isn't my type, then that side won't show up and she won't really like me either. Have had a lot of those dates. Personalities just doesn't match.

I am a woman. So it is reversed. And I wish I had that on all guys. Just specific ones tell me I stream it out - the ones I like back, yes. But other ones wouldn't tell me that anyway, so I don't know. I have been told intimidate by my presence, I may come off too strong/intense/dominant for some. I just got a new lifted truck, that emasculines them even more. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships