Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2017, 09:42 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I think a LOT of what you're saying makes a lot of sense, but lord knows...I went through LOOOONNNNGGG dry spells of 'no sex', and I'm female. I SUPPOSE I could've put an ad in the back of Craigslist asking for some wham bams...but well...that was not my kind of thing. When I was divorced, and a single mom...I had long long dry spells. LOL But such is life.
Yeah I have a friend who's divorced with a kid..She's attractive but hasn't dated or seen anyone in a year.

Her kids got a year or two left in HS and wants to get into Ivy League schools so her mindset is all about her kid now not dating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 11:54 AM

212 posts, read 159,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles XII View Post
I would think elderly men would understand a lot about attraction between men and women. After all, they have a lifetime of experience . But no, I'm in my late 20s.

1. How do you know these guys are going after something out of their leagues? Have you seen them? Do you know them? Many women seem to think that they deserve Brad Pitt. But no, they don't. Online dating sites and social media has created a fake reality for women where they are messaged by hundreds (if not thousands) of guys. All of a sudden they believe that because the guys messaged them, then they must be really attractive (which is not true, because most guys would sleep with pretty anything if horny enough).

2. Well not really, see my post above about this. The genes know that you won't ever procreate with someone MUCH more attractive than yourself. Therefore, you won't even try.

3. Ok, he's hot. Great explanation .

4. Yeah that's true. They may not be scared of talking to guys. But they are really afraid of being rejected. That's for sure. Many (maybe most) guys are too, but women are on another level. It's understandable though. I used to live in Hong Kong a couple of years ago, and women there really liked me for some reason (Asian women tend to like white men). With the amount of attention I got, I kind of got a feel for how it is to be a woman. Your ego kind of builds up from all the attention that you are scared of losing that ego by approaching someone and getting rejected. I think this happens to a lot of women.

5. You're probably right about that point.
You're exactly right but on point 5 what usually happens is that women approach one guy who doesn't liked to be approached so therefore all men don't like to be approached.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:57 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screami View Post
You're exactly right but on point 5 what usually happens is that women approach one guy who doesn't liked to be approached so therefore all men don't like to be approached.
People with common sense generally realize one individual is not representative of 3.5 billion others.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Wrong. The way she could have been more obvious is to actually TALK to him.
Fifty.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
... including you, apparently. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you aren't attracted to the girls in your "range" then you need to GET attracted to them LOL.
It doesn't work like that as a women you should understand that.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:23 PM

So Screami, no theory regarding OP's knowledge on this woman's lack of car ownership?

Old 10-17-2017, 12:36 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
So Screami, no theory regarding OP's knowledge on this woman's lack of car ownership?
It's because he's been examining her very closely, memorized the details of her every move from a week ago, and since she's not going to ask him out he's decided not to accept, and he wants to refuse to give her a ride anywhere, but first he had to watch her come and go to find out if she had a car. He dislikes her so much he probably followed her to the bus stop. But hey, her "loss", right?

Old 10-17-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
No theory on why on why this women was around the op and couldn't use her women can do anything mindset to talk him?

Old 10-17-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screami View Post
No theory on why on why this women was around the op and couldn't use her women can do anything mindset to talk him?
Not really.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
It's because he's been examining her very closely, memorized the details of her every move from a week ago, and since she's not going to ask him out he's decided not to accept, and he wants to refuse to give her a ride anywhere, but first he had to watch her come and go to find out if she had a car. He dislikes her so much he probably followed her to the bus stop. But hey, her "loss", right?
Maybe it's as innocent as he asked around. In any case, there are obviously some missing details from this story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships