Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 08:46 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by not enough View Post
It seems like the only way I would ever get a relationship is to get with a woman I'm not attracted to and let her walk all over me.
So there ARE girls who would go out with you, then.

Your previous statements have been untrue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft Laud Guy View Post
Most (hetero) guys are born with rose-colored glasses for women who happen to be physically attractive and/or flirtatious, and are more than content with the mere opportunity to allow such a woman to walk all over them and take advantage of them by placing said woman up on a pedestal and kowtowing to the woman's beck and call (out of fear of rejection) before, during, and after said Mod cut. commences in a relationship...Which implies that Mod cut. testing isn't only limited to instances when women feel ignored during the flirting period, but can (and almost always does) occur far into the dating period and marriage:

These reaction tests can include "dominance" tests (such as in the previous example of a female coworker taking the male coworker's work seat and awaiting a reaction), "loyalty" tests (such as a girlfriend asking a boyfriend what he thinks of a particular attractive woman who was just seen walking by, or when a girlfriend obviously and openly flirts with another man in the boyfriend's presence to see how much the boyfriend cares for her (the infamous double-Mod cut. test which also gauges whether or not you can live up to her white knight fantasy)), "Finding the ATM password" tests (such as ordering the lobster on an early date and seeing whether he has a problem with it), etc etc. Such tests occur incredibly often to men, but those rose-colored glasses are also incredibly strong, preventing the tests from being seen unless they've taken the glasses off.
I literally have no idea what these tests are.

I don't want to be obtuse here, or sound condescending, but...this feels like paranoia. This is all REALLY detailed and just a little out there as far as assuming extremely manipulative intent. And it would be a whole lot of work on the woman's part, I can't imagine any sane woman going through all this as a systematic series of escalating "tests" even if she felt like taking up all her time doing it, for whatever nefarious purpose.

I guess the ATM thing could happen for a small percent of total losers, my uncle used to do that for every meal or pretend to be fumbling until the day everyone else at the table just sat there and waited and he actually had to pay his own way.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:13 AM

Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

Standing there speechless and unmoving in response to conversation is going to make any reasonable guy back off. He will definitely think there is something wrong with the girl. Further, if she comes off "too" anything (too dumb, too loud, too negative, too airheaded, too stodgy, too phony, too whatever) will make a guy run. Yeah, there are exceptions who can just stand there staring oddly and still get dates. Very very very very few, but if a guy is going literally for just looks to the degree of not even caring that she acts like a staring empty sociopath then that is on him. 'Cause duh.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-23-2018 at 09:38 PM..

Old 02-20-2018, 09:17 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,195 times
Meh, there are some well-connected girls that aren't afraid to say anything to anybody. Just gotta keep your eyes peeled. You will find them OP.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:39 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
It's not that they're scared to talk to a man. They either don't want to communicate with men or don't have to.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:06 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
I like talking to men. Most women do.

But this thread is about "girls" and I guess the tween and teen set are a bit more shy.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:08 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I like talking to men. Most women do.

But this thread is about "girls" and I guess the tween and teen set are a bit more shy.
Meh, I'm shy and hardly a teen. Its the way life has taught me to be. Maybe because I was an only child.
I like talking to men too, but I wont be initiating the discussion. I'm a better listener until I'm comfortable with someone.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:41 AM

^ This guy (the quoted guy) doesn't sound very successful with women.

Old 02-23-2018, 01:09 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
“Interest” has never and will never equal “action”

There are a variety of factors that are in between the two corresponding to one another.

If you also hold an interest in something and fail to act you’re no different than the people you perceive to never follow through.

“Relating” takes two people to have “relations” and interests without actions is nothing but thoughts.

Old 02-24-2018, 04:30 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,961,718 times
If a guy thinks I am afraid to talk to him.. no worries. Saves me from having to tell him that I just not interested in talking to him. If I am interested.. Good luck shutting me up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships