Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 05:24 PM

212 posts, read 159,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
Funny how that works.
That why I didn't get a response and that's why I gave you a rep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 08:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
She wanted some of that.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:37 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
She wanted some of that.
His milkshake brings all the girls to the yard...🥛

Old 10-16-2017, 11:16 AM

2,916 posts, read 3,001,526 times
Women fear rejection even more than men. That's the primary reason why MOST (not all) won't approach a man. Women think that if they approach you just to ask you out on a date, you'll assume they want more....like sex on the first date. Sometimes that is exactly what a woman wants, but not always or even most of the time.

Only famous/rich men (athletes, musicians etc) are regularly approached by women because the risk-reward is worth it for some ladies. For most women, an "approach" might be starting up a casual conversation after some mutual eye contact and then letting you guide the ball into the basket, so to speak. The problem of course is that such an approach can be construed as just friendly conversation since many women are nice and don't actually want to date you just because they said "Hi."

If women approached men more often, I don't think it'd really change anything. The men most likely to get approached, would get approached more. The men that WISH they'd get approached would still be ignored for the most part.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:20 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCaper View Post
I've noticed this one girl staring at me, and thought nothing of it. Then, I noticed she keeps positioning herself in my field of view. After that, she took my seat (at work). Next, she sat directly next to me even though there were PLENTY of open seats in the area. When she sat next to me, she turned towards me for a while, but said nothing while playing on her phone. Then, she turned forward again before playing with her hair. After that, she leaned far over into my personal space while twirling her hair. Her "hints" were starting to get awkward, so I decided to say something.

Fast forward, a week goes by, and I notice that she's always looking at me or sitting/standing next to me.

So, I may have pulled an a-hole move next. One time she began walking towards my direction, got kind of close, made "incidental" eye contact, but I looked away and walked right around her. Ever since then, she no longer "coincidentally" appears next to me all the time.

Long story short, if you're interested in a man, just SAY SOMETHING, because being too scared and using hints as a grown woman starts to become a turn-off. I was kind of willing to give her a chance (even though she doesn't even have a car), because she was kind of cute and had a nice butt and thighs, but the whole "I'll just wait for men to do everything" turned me way off.

Umm, what does her not having a car have to do with anything??

Old 10-16-2017, 12:12 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,318 times
Well, everything about this thread is, predictably, terrible.

Some people expect men to always approach women
Some people will think badly of a woman who approaches men. So, some women won't approach.
Some people will think badly of a man who doesn't approach a woman.

Can we all just agree, if you're interested in someone you should talk to them?
It seems so god damn simple

Old 10-16-2017, 12:13 PM

212 posts, read 159,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Women fear rejection even more than men. That's the primary reason why MOST (not all) won't approach a man. Women think that if they approach you just to ask you out on a date, you'll assume they want more....like sex on the first date. Sometimes that is exactly what a woman wants, but not always or even most of the time.

Only famous/rich men (athletes, musicians etc) are regularly approached by women because the risk-reward is worth it for some ladies. For most women, an "approach" might be starting up a casual conversation after some mutual eye contact and then letting you guide the ball into the basket, so to speak. The problem of course is that such an approach can be construed as just friendly conversation since many women are nice and don't actually want to date you just because they said "Hi."

If women approached men more often, I don't think it'd really change anything. The men most likely to get approached, would get approached more. The men that WISH they'd get approached would still be ignored for the most part.
So because I'm not an attacrive guy women wouldn't approach but I would have a better chance if I did the approaching? Sorry but that hasn't worked.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:52 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screami View Post
So because I'm not an attacrive guy women wouldn't approach but I would have a better chance if I did the approaching? Sorry but that hasn't worked.
Yes - as long as you were approaching women who are in your range. If you are not 'attacrive' then find similar women to approach. Or men, if that's your thing. No judgment here.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:04 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Don't approach strangers who will immediately assess you on outward appearance.

Get into groups or go to places where conversation happens naturally, and do this regularly until you form a social circle of men and women around things you are interested in. Have fun. Be yourself. Try new things. One day you will discover that people like you, and you will know why. And on another day you will realize one of your female acquaintances is showing interest, and you can ask her out.

It takes time, but you need to be comfortable in your skin before anything will happen for you.

Old 10-16-2017, 02:06 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
If you "notice" that she's always "staring" at you, you are probably staring at her, too.

At any rate, I don't think she's crying into her pillow over this. Or creating handles on internet forums to discuss it.
You don't feel when anyone stares at you even from across the room?

I hate it too, if someone stares at me and tries to be around me but then doesn't talk to me. Either have the balls to speak or go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships