Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 02:31 PM

212 posts, read 159,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Yes - as long as you were approaching women who are in your range. If you are not 'attacrive' then find similar women to approach. Or men, if that's your thing. No judgment here.
What if I'm not attracted to the women in my so called range whatever that means?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 02:46 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screami View Post
What if I'm not attracted to the women in my so called range whatever that means?
It means that there are things that are generally considered attractive by the population.

Individuals have more, or less, of these qualities and people generally group themselves based off of these attributes. If one doesn't have many of these qualities, they are more likely to be found attractive by people who also lack these qualities.

An interesting video on the topic
ETA: This isn't the full video - I can't find that one right now.
But, anyway, in this experiment, people were told to match with the highest number that they could and didn't know what their own number was. The results of the experiment were that each couple was within 1 or 2 points of each other. Equally "attractive" people matched with each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB1oMfs8nWY

Now, of course, attraction is (unlike in the video) subjective (and isn't limited to physical attractiveness) so it never hurts to try to get to know anyone that you want. They might be attracted to you, and you might not be attracted to them.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:16 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Then you're like JBT, and some of the other guys here, who will have to accept that they've narrowed their options to the point that their opportunities will be sparse. You can still try for what you want, but you'll need more patience.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:18 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCaper View Post
I've noticed this one girl staring at me, and thought nothing of it. Then, I noticed she keeps positioning herself in my field of view. After that, she took my seat (at work). Next, she sat directly next to me even though there were PLENTY of open seats in the area. When she sat next to me, she turned towards me for a while, but said nothing while playing on her phone. Then, she turned forward again before playing with her hair. After that, she leaned far over into my personal space while twirling her hair. Her "hints" were starting to get awkward, so I decided to say something.

Fast forward, a week goes by, and I notice that she's always looking at me or sitting/standing next to me. But, still... she won't say a word unless I initiate. After a few days, I got turned off by her showing obvious signs, yet lacking the confidence to say anything. It's weird because women always talk about how they love confidence in men, yet they never display any confidence themselves.

So, I may have pulled an a-hole move next. One time she began walking towards my direction, got kind of close, made "incidental" eye contact, but I looked away and walked right around her. Ever since then, she no longer "coincidentally" appears next to me all the time.

Long story short, if you're interested in a man, just SAY SOMETHING, because being too scared and using hints as a grown woman starts to become a turn-off. I was kind of willing to give her a chance (even though she doesn't even have a car), because she was kind of cute and had a nice butt and thighs, but the whole "I'll just wait for men to do everything" turned me way off.

So...she came and sat by you. She turned her body toward you. She leaned over toward you (showing some cleavage I guess?)

You couldn't throw her a bone and say something nice? Whatever. Wasn't meant to be I guess.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:23 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
So...she came and sat by you. She turned her body toward you. She leaned over toward you (showing some cleavage I guess?)

You couldn't throw her a bone and say something nice? Whatever. Wasn't meant to be I guess.
he was put off by her desperation. I don't blame him.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:24 PM

926 posts, read 673,222 times
Quote:
If you're not attracted to the women who are in your league (meaning: if you're average looking, then they're average looking as well - if you're below average in looks, then they, too, are below average in looks), how do you expect universally attractive women (who are considered to be OUT of your league) to be attracted to you?

For example, I don't look like Angelina Jolie - therefore - I shouldn't expect a guy with Brad Pitt's attractiveness level to be attracted to me. Realistically, I should go after guys with MY attractiveness level and not expect super attractive guys to be attracted to me, even if I'm attracted to them and would prefer to date them instead of the average-looking dudes who are in my league.

Do you understand now?

Old 10-16-2017, 03:38 PM

88 posts, read 61,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
If you're not attracted to the women who are in your league (meaning: if you're average looking, then they're average looking as well - if you're below average in looks, then they, too, are below average in looks), how do you expect universally attractive women (who are considered to be OUT of your league) to be attracted to you?

For example, I don't look like Angelina Jolie - therefore - I shouldn't expect a guy with Brad Pitt's attractiveness level to be attracted to me. Realistically, I should go after guys with MY attractiveness level and not expect super attractive guys to be attracted to me, even if I'm attracted to them and would prefer to date them instead of the average-looking dudes who are in my league.

Do you understand now?
Actually, people are always attracted to those in their own league. So probably he just believes himself to be in a lower league than what he actually is, and this is showing up when he approaches women in his own league (in form of self doubt/nervousness).

Biology at work. The genes want to reproduce. They will make sure that you are attracted to the opposite gender of equal attractiveness to your own.

P.S. Why do women find Brad Pitt attractive?Mod cut: please see forum sticky for posting guidelines I get that he's famous and he's got a good jawline, I guess those are the only reasons.

To the OP: I kinda get what you are saying. But women are like that. They are scared of talking to men. Yes they like confidence in men because they usually lack it themselves. But I think that's just cute. You should've talked to her.

Last edited by Mikala43; 10-16-2017 at 04:58 PM..

Old 10-16-2017, 03:39 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
You don't feel when anyone stares at you even from across the room?

I hate it too, if someone stares at me and tries to be around me but then doesn't talk to me. Either have the balls to speak or go away.

Of course not, since there is nothing to feel.

Old 10-16-2017, 04:03 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles XII View Post
Actually, people are always attracted to those in their own league.
Maybe in your world, but certainly not among many of the men who post here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles XII;
So probably he just believes himself to be in a lower league than what he actually is, and this is showing up when he approaches women in his own league (in form of self doubt/nervousness).

Biology at work. The genes want to reproduce. They will make sure that you are attracted to the opposite gender of equal attractiveness to your own.
Sounds like a sensible-sounding theory your biology teacher told you. Reality is often quite different.

Old 10-16-2017, 04:13 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Brad Pitt's a "beta." Lolol Why does it really matter what he is? He's obviously not hurting for attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships