Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 07:47 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Maybe it was because she gave you a chance despite her reservations until you did something that convinced her to end it with you? That's not leading you on, that's getting to know you. Things don't always work out; in fact, they rarely do. Relationships are hard work and to have a special connection with someone requires a lot of things 'lining up', if you will. Better luck with your next prospect.
This is how dating works. I'd also like to know how she led you on. She dated you a few times and then stopped? Would you rather she continued when she wasn't feeling it? That's not a rhetorical question. How could she have let you down more gently?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 12:10 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Either, that's her modus operandi, or else she got to know the part of you that you haven't a clue about.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:54 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,827,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
I guess both men and women lead people on, but I think men rarely do.
Any stuff to back up this claim ? If not it is not justified

Old 10-19-2017, 01:01 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,544,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
In what way did she "lead" you? Was she dishonest, or was it more a case of not specifically stating that she was not interested?
reminds me of the old thread about a cashier making small talk with people in line, and someone thought they were flirting with him and got upset when she turned him down

Old 10-19-2017, 07:54 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
I dated a girl I later figured out was a serial "eight month, and you're gone" with regards to relationships. I also later found out she was a Lesbian, and I guess was either bisexual, or just wanted the appearance of being hetero for her family, or work, or whatever. She also used me for money, so watch out if they ask for "loans", or to pay for stuff for their kids, etc. She was just a jerk, but I was devastated at being dumped, but looking back I am very grateful I'm no longer with her.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:11 PM

401 posts, read 552,268 times
So I actually never made a move on her, I was considering it. I just got more details from a mutual friend whose known her for many years and they warned me that although she's awesome to hang with, she makes guy bend over backwards trying to win over her but she still will give them hope when in reality she will eventually get them to give up. This friend of mine told me to just to be cautious and do not think too much into it.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:28 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,660,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosdefinitely View Post
I crushed on someone recently who has a long history of doing this. Seemed like a really sweet girl who I thought had potential as someone I can see myself with. It caught me by surprise but eventually, I connected the dots and confirmed with someone who knew her better than I did.

I just don't get the psyche behind it. Why do girls do this?

That's the problem. She has a long history of doing this and you're her latest victim. Just walk away with your head held high. BTW, she sounds like a little girl than a woman.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:29 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,660,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I dated a girl I later figured out was a serial "eight month, and you're gone" with regards to relationships. I also later found out she was a Lesbian, and I guess was either bisexual, or just wanted the appearance of being hetero for her family, or work, or whatever. She also used me for money, so watch out if they ask for "loans", or to pay for stuff for their kids, etc. She was just a jerk, but I was devastated at being dumped, but looking back I am very grateful I'm no longer with her.

Yikes, my dude. She was a trainwreck. Went from straight to lesbian to bisexual. We live and we learn.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:32 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
Men do the same.
Nuh ah

Old 10-20-2017, 09:33 PM

272 posts, read 185,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Maybe it was because she gave you a chance despite her reservations until you did something that convinced her to end it with you? That's not leading you on, that's getting to know you. Things don't always work out; in fact, they rarely do. Relationships are hard work and to have a special connection with someone requires a lot of things 'lining up', if you will. Better luck with your next prospect.
Yes, many things have to "line up" for things to work. We are complex human beings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships