Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 08:10 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,863,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by papamikuka View Post
Hello there,

I'm a man who have been in quite a few relationships; but i always fail keeping it up when it comes to longer times like multiple months.

When I'm in relationship i often end up caring too much, because i'm falling in love with the person. I often focus more on their stuff than mine. This is quite funny, because when I'm single i don't need anybody to have fun - i can literally spend hours on my own, i don't need company. I often travelled to different countries on my own as well without missing anybody; I can always find a way to spend my time.

How can i fix this, and being myself - the goal oriented, focused man when i have somebody?

What is the man's role in a relationship?

How can i keep that personality of mine in a relationship what my partner has fallen into?

These are my questions. Any small help is appreciated

Have a nice day!

You sound like someone who gives a lot which means you will only be happy with someone who gives a lot too. So often what we are giving (affection, attention, etc) is what we ourselves need.

My advice is to be yourself and find someone who is a lot like you; giving, caring, affectionate, and with the same values you have.

Forget that crap about opposites attracting - the fine print on that one is that they only attract for a short while.

So be yourself and when you find the lady that wants you turned up to 11, who makes you a better man...who makes you want to be your best self - you know you've found the right one.

And if anyone tells you you're "too much" or to turn down the volume on being you - walk away.

There is someone for everyone and you can only find each other in this world when you are being yourself and not adjusting yourself to be who someone else wants you to be!

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 03:09 PM

16 posts, read 9,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Seems like you get lost during the infatuation phase. Believe it or not, this will gradually wear off and you’ll eventually get back to normal.

Try to avoid women who are too needy. You should look for someone with a similar drive as yourself ( in more ways than one, haha). Maintain healthy boundaries, and make yourself stay focused on what you need to accomplish.

It’s natural to want to shower affection on a new partner. Show some restraint, but don’t withhold too much. It takes awhile to find equilibrium, so take it slow and be patient with yourself.
Thank you!

Old 11-06-2017, 03:11 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles XII View Post
I misinterpreted it. I thought he meant "keeping it up".

Well, some of the advice still stands at least.
LOL. Same here. I was about to give fitness, dietary and breathing advise. xoxo tiddays!

Old 11-06-2017, 03:22 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
oh man, what a disappointment, i was hoping for a juicy sex thread

Old 11-06-2017, 03:24 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Maybe you just haven't met the right one yet...

Old 11-09-2017, 03:30 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,594,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Unlike you, the OP does not appear to be focused on sex.

He's asking about maintaining a relationship.

To be fair to CharlesX11, the OP worded the thread title in an ambiguous way.
I initially thought, “as a man?”, is this from a woman who has transgendered?
Putting “keeping it up” would lead most people think it was erectile dysfunction that was meant.
As I read, and re-read the OP, it became clearer that the question was, “how do I maintain the relationship”, but I don't blame Charles for misinterpreting it.

Old 11-09-2017, 03:50 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
To be fair to CharlesX11, the OP worded the thread title in an ambiguous way.
I initially thought, “as a man?”, is this from a woman who has transgendered?
Putting “keeping it up” would lead most people think it was erectile dysfunction that was meant.
As I read, and re-read the OP, it became clearer that the question was, “how do I maintain the relationship”, but I don't blame Charles for misinterpreting it.
Not true, I read the title and post and figured out immediately it was sexual dysfunction oriented.

OP, it appears you care much more in the beginning of a relationship but the attraction fizzles soon after you really start to get to know someone. Perhaps take more time to know someone before jumping into an actual relationship. Take your time, explore, have adventures, stay casual for a longer period of time, it may help you become more aware of those things that are not attractive to you that you ignore in the first few weeks/months.
Good luck.

Old 11-09-2017, 09:32 PM

818 posts, read 456,340 times
Yeah silly way of putting the question op when it's not even about sexual stuff.
sounds like you just haven't met the right person though to me, your starting up relationships with just anyone'
when you really love someone your just into them , there's no problem with interest and stuff , well not for 15 or 20yrs anyway, same goes for them.

Unless either starts turning the other off and falls out of love l guess then down the toilet it goes anyway l guess.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:15 AM

1,485 posts, read 954,228 times
GNC sells something called "Steel Libido".
This stuff works great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships