Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 02:50 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times

Advertisements

Of course, there are a lot of truths in stereotypes. That's how they start.

But you can't apply stereotypes to individuals, that's when problems start.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-19-2017, 03:26 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Of course, there are a lot of truths in stereotypes. That's how they start.

But you can't apply stereotypes to individuals, that's when problems start.
The second part is more true than the first.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:42 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Meh, possibly.

If there is a bump in the night unless she's an ex-marine or a MMA fighter the guy still has to go check it out.

Guys still have to take out the trash, guys tend to not listen as well as they should to their wives, guys tend to leave the toilet lid up too much.

Women downplay their partner count, men play up their partner count.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:47 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

guys tend to leave the toilet lid up too much. .

Well who else would leave it up? If once is too much, only guys are going to be guilty of it anyway. I'm not sure what you listed would be a stereotype anyway, not as you phrased it.

Last edited by timberline742; 10-19-2017 at 03:57 PM..

Old 10-21-2017, 03:51 AM

25 posts, read 19,492 times
Off the top of my head, from experience / observation :

I have found that women who claim to be highly intelligent are almost always dumb, arrogant, lack common sense and make poor life choices and lack personal accountability.

Women who have sex with lots of men are no good at bonding, and are often terrible at sex. Perhaps the two are linked.

Attraction increases vastly when sex roles are adhered to.

Men are usually more empathetic than women (although women do tend to have a bit more empathy towards kids).

Old 10-21-2017, 04:21 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yes, men are very visual, and put a lot of importance in looks, weight, figure, etc. Woman can be as well, but some women put a LOT of importance into how much money a guy makes, or has. I have met several very good looking, but gold digger type women. I went on a date once with a nurse, who had a good job, etc, but when she found out I still had significant alimony payments, she literally asked the waitress for our check, and we left. I never saw her again, and never wanted to.

Personality trumps looks or money in the end. Men who study personal development know this. You can be pudgy and average looking if you know how to have a conversation you will get her every time.

If she took the check that quickly she just wasn't that into you. They like the bad boys, humor, and men with passion. If you are lacking passion, if you talk monotone and only talk about yourself, or don't know how to be playful and tease her, you will have a harder time at it. There are lots of little things you can do to improve your success rate. Basically it comes down to stimulating a wide range of her emotions. You're not gonna do that with money, or being a beta or provider male. Looks will help, but will only get you so far.

https://youtu.be/JoRlb6xcymA?t=400

The bottom link will start you around the 7 minute mark.

The 2 universal truths have already been mentioned... men will have sex with anything without needing attachment, and women want emotional stimulation before sex. There are exceptions to this but in general these two rules are paramount.

Last edited by sholomar; 10-21-2017 at 04:37 AM..

Old 10-21-2017, 05:38 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinous View Post

I have found that women who claim to be highly intelligent are almost always dumb, arrogant, lack common sense and make poor life choices and lack personal accountability.

Women who have sex with lots of men are no good at bonding, and are often terrible at sex. Perhaps the two are linked.

Men are usually more empathetic than women (although women do tend to have a bit more empathy towards kids).

I'm sorry, I thought this was about stereotypes, not your personal beliefs and opinions.

I guess I was wrong.

Old 10-21-2017, 05:53 AM

25 posts, read 19,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I'm sorry
That's ok.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:22 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I'm sorry, I thought this was about stereotypes, not your personal beliefs and opinions.

I guess I was wrong.
That post made for a good chuckle. Delusional.

Old 10-21-2017, 10:28 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinous View Post

This has nothing to do with stereotypes.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships