Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 11:26 AM

172 posts, read 186,271 times

Advertisements

Well,

I met this lovely lady on a dating application this past weekend and I showed her my city for 3 days in a row.

We held hands, kissed on the lips and I felt like we were a couple the entire weekend.

She is 49 and I am 51.

She wasn't looking for a hook up, but I made romantic moves based on us being intimate during the weekend.

Holding hands to me was better than sex.

Anyway I pushed the romantic stuff a little bit more than I should have and she told me she doesn't want to get into to anything heavy, because she lives on the west coast and I live in the midwest.

The thing is she is awesome, she is not a gold digger has her own money and is a giving person.
--
I never met anyone like this in my life. I am the one usually doing the giving.

Anyway I am going out her way for work in December and we planned on her showing me her city and I talked about us taking a trip together someone in the future abroad.

She is the type that likes to have a friend before a lover.

How do I redeem myself and turn this around? I have strong feelings for her.

How do I be a friend to her and not make her feel pressured into anything?

Sorry I have to ask, its terrible that i don't know how to be a friend at this age.

She leaves today and I will not see her until December the 1st.

I also need advice on what I can do to stay on her mind until then without being an annoyance to her.

Thanks ladies...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 11:31 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,540,508 times
so you couldnt enjoy her company wihout getting horny?

if she doesnt want to keep you on her mind, you want to do it forcibly by pestering her once in a while?

have you even asked how she feels about you?

Old 10-24-2017, 11:34 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
I'm not sure what exactly you messed up, OP. You made a move, she told you her reasons why she's not into it right now, and you respected her wishes, right? If she's still speaking to you and you're still planning on visiting her in a few weeks, just be cool.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:39 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurebeachguy View Post
Well,

I met this lovely lady on a dating application this past weekend and I showed her my city for 3 days in a row.

We held hands, kissed on the lips and I felt like we were a couple the entire weekend.

She is 49 and I am 51.

She wasn't looking for a hook up, but I made romantic moves based on us being intimate during the weekend.

Holding hands to me was better than sex.

Anyway I pushed the romantic stuff a little bit more than I should have and she told me she doesn't want to get into to anything heavy, because she lives on the west coast and I live in the midwest.

The thing is she is awesome, she is not a gold digger has her own money and is a giving person.
--
I never met anyone like this in my life. I am the one usually doing the giving.

Anyway I am going out her way for work in December and we planned on her showing me her city and I talked about us taking a trip together someone in the future abroad.

She is the type that likes to have a friend before a lover.

How do I redeem myself and turn this around? I have strong feelings for her.

How do I be a friend to her and not make her feel pressured into anything?

Sorry I have to ask, its terrible that i don't know how to be a friend at this age.

She leaves today and I will not see her until December the 1st.

I also need advice on what I can do to stay on her mind until then without being an annoyance to her.

Thanks ladies...

Dude, slow the heck down. I mean really SLOW DOWN.

You just met over this past weekend and spent 3 days together? I'm not understanding the logistics, as you mention that she lives on the west coast.

At 51 you don't know how to be a friend? You don't know how to not be horny and not make romantic moves? What is your experience with dating?

Old 10-24-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Dude, slow the heck down. I mean really SLOW DOWN.

You just met over this past weekend and spent 3 days together? I'm not understanding the logistics, as you mention that she lives on the west coast.

At 51 you don't know how to be a friend? You don't know how to not be horny and not make romantic moves? What is your experience with dating?
good advice slow down. she was a drinking buddy this weekend and you know what happens when you drink.

just spoke to her were good i just gotta chill

Old 10-24-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm not sure what exactly you messed up, OP. You made a move, she told you her reasons why she's not into it right now, and you respected her wishes, right? If she's still speaking to you and you're still planning on visiting her in a few weeks, just be cool.

very true she is still speaking.

I just need to transition into a friendship now, but its hard when you have feelings.

She told me she likes the person she dates to be close by and that it would be very hard to date long distance.

But I am the type of guy that will overcome obstacles and travel for love.

but she was right it would be too stressful.

now I am just trying to let it sink in and prepare myself for seeing her in a month.

How do you now have feeling for someone and not think about them in that way once its begun?

lol

Old 10-24-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yes i am respecting them but after making her feel a bit pressured last night.

I will take your advice and be very cool from now on.

I have a month until we reconnect

Old 10-24-2017, 11:56 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Honestly, you hardly know this woman, though it is possible that you're having a middle-aged Before Sunrise moment. If you don't think you can detach and just be friends with her without hoping (and pushing) for something more, then it's probably best to back off now before you get even more attached.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:00 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurebeachguy View Post
its hard when you have feelings
You just met her. If I were this woman I would think you are nuts. Especially if you keep talking like this and about having sex. Get a grip. You are old enough to know better.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:11 PM

6,450 posts, read 9,812,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
You just met her. If I were this woman I would think you are nuts. Especially if you keep talking like this and about having sex. Get a grip. You are old enough to know better.

I agree! He is acting more like he is 15 than 51 lol

Who doesn't know how to act around a woman you just met at his age? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships