Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 04:15 PM

102,192 posts, read 107,809,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver8ack View Post
I'm sure I'm projecting here but isn't this a case of she's way more into him than he is into her? I mean he sounds like the kind of guy that, sure, is grateful when she comes over for the sex but if she wasn't there, "meh" would be his response.

In other words, her going out there every day on a bus isn't for HIM, it's for HER because she is a little bit needy and a little bit clingy. And then she wants him to respond with gestures of affection and he doesn't feel the need to because in his mind, losing her isn't that big a deal.

OP, this guy (most guys) will move mountains for the right girl, but unfortunately that girl isn't you. It might be timing or compatibility, whatever it is, this isn't going to work IMO. Good luck.
More info needed from the OP. We don't know if she's going out there every day. She's also said he's the best guy she's ever been with, which is odd, considering the niggling little complaints she's spread out over 2 or 3 threads. If this is the best she's ever done, I wouldn't want to hear about the other guys. I think the OP should keep looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 04:17 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,940,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post

Either the OP is very young, or she's....well, never mind.

Say it!!! Say it!!!

Old 10-26-2017, 04:24 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
I've already covered those sentiments in my initial post to the OP. She has yet to respond to it, and, it appears as though she will most likely never purchase a cheapo used car because "finding parking for the car is a PITA."

She also expects this guy to buy her regular food gifts to keep in his refrigerator for her and for him to "make her feel special"...and, she casually mentioned that the nice gifts he bought for her while he was on vacation (which IMO was very thoughtful) "won't hold her for the rest of the relationship".

Either the OP is very young, or she's....well, never mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Say it!!! Say it!!!
A piece of work.
Spoiled brat.

There, I said it!

I think this one is one where hearing the other side would be very helpful to determine how "bad" he really is.

Old 10-26-2017, 04:26 PM

926 posts, read 673,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Say it!!! Say it!!!
LOL

Um, no. I don't want to sound mean.

Old 10-26-2017, 04:44 PM

926 posts, read 673,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
A piece of work. Spoiled brat.

There, I said it!
Just remember, you said it, not me lol

Quote:
I think this one is one where hearing the other side would be very helpful to determine how "bad" he really is.
True dat. But, do we EVER hear the other side of the story directly from the other side? Even with our own posts, do any of our SOs ever come here to post to tell their side of the situation? Dang, just imagine if that happened....man, this sub-forum would be hoppin' fo sho!

Old 10-27-2017, 09:54 AM

2,910 posts, read 1,358,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
A piece of work.
Spoiled brat.

There, I said it!
She's wants him to give him a ride home from his place on his days off, and you think that makes her a spoiled brat? I think it means she's coming to her senses.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:03 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
She's wants him to give him a ride home from his place on his days off, and you think that makes her a spoiled brat? I think it means she's coming to her senses.

I said it would be nice to hear the other side of the story to determine IF she is a spoiled brat.

Overall, to me: not having a car and expecting others to go out of their way for my failure to get a job where I can afford a car = spoiled brat

But once again - not enough info here. She doesnt tell us why she doesn't have a car. Too lazy, broke, car just broke, disabled, .... no idea.

Old 10-27-2017, 11:01 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Based upon her other threads, I'm not so sure he HAS days off - he works two jobs.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-27-2017, 11:17 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,010,051 times
OP, I don't think you are spoiled. I've been married for 20 years. My husband STILL surprises me with little things every week. Sometimes, it is a $5 bouquet of flowers from the supermarket. Sometimes it is a green smoothie from Panera (yum!). Sometimes it is the next book in a series I've been reading. He sends me those silly Bitmojis that are all cutesy and romantic (and this is a 55 yr old man lol!).

If he doesn't make an effort, it's because he doesn't think you are worth the effort. I suffered through a relationship like that in my first marriage. Don't settle for someone just because they are "down to earth".

Old 10-27-2017, 11:34 AM

61,654 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Based upon her other threads, I'm not so sure he HAS days off - he works two jobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trulyhapyy2017 View Post
The rides would be to his place, not any appts or work, I do that by myself. I'm talking about rides on his day off, I never ask for anything when he is working.
According to OP he has days off. ^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships