Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 04:42 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,502 times

Advertisements

It may have already been said, but I'm not going to read 11 pages of posts to find out. I saw a documentary once that talked about this, and most of the women interviewed had the same answer:

Because (in a sick way, imho) he is considered safe. He's not going to step out of line or do anything to rock her world except in the bedroom. She usually gets money or nice presents and has an upscale time out on the town whenever they meet. He is not always messaging her and taking up her precious time.

She can always shake up his world if he steps out of line, and contact his wife.

In a way, she feels like she is in complete control of the relationship, and that is very important to her - even if its not a true relationship, at least not in a traditional sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 04:57 PM

52,244 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
It may have already been said, but I'm not going to read 11 pages of posts to find out. I saw a documentary once that talked about this, and most of the women interviewed had the same answer:

Because (in a sick way, imho) he is considered safe. He's not going to step out of line or do anything to rock her world except in the bedroom. She usually gets money or nice presents and has an upscale time out on the town whenever they meet. He is not always messaging her and taking up her precious time.

She can always shake up his world if he steps out of line, and contact his wife.

In a way, she feels like she is in complete control of the relationship, and that is very important to her - even if its not a true relationship, at least not in a traditional sense.
I've heard variations of this as well. There is also other issues like she might not feel worthy of a real true and intimate relationships among a few others.

It's sort of the same dynamic in some ways that these women who get involved with men in prison. They too are safe in that way you are inferring to.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:36 PM

588 posts, read 462,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
"Dating 101"?

Um...what's wrong with you?
Oh, heavens!

Old 11-07-2017, 06:41 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMKSarah View Post
Oh, simmer down......I was just explaining what happens in relationships from time to time. It is all in good fun. You think the boyfriend and the ex don't try to up the anti with me.

I recall many many moons ago I was working as a room service server in a swank hotel and one of the other male servers called his girlfriend. She told him she had just got out of the bath. After speaking with her he told me all excited about this conversation about the bath.

I said to paraphrase....you mean she was wrapped in a towel still wet from the bath and was thinking of him when he just called. Yes, he exclaimed and said "how did you know this!" I said...I'm a girl aren't I!

He looked at me like I had two heads.

Please. I mean really.

Chill!
Yeah, dysfunctional relationships with dysfunctional people.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:46 PM

926 posts, read 673,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Yeah, dysfunctional relationships with dysfunctional people.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:38 PM

639 posts, read 376,256 times
Women are attracted when they see a guy in a relationship. They must picture themselves in the relationship.

Women view single men as players, something wrong with them, etc.

For anyone that doubts, just look at the difference women look and interact with you when you are with a lady, holding her hand, etc.

There is a psychology to it. It is real.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:30 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post
Women are attracted when they see a guy in a relationship. They must picture themselves in the relationship.

Women view single men as players, something wrong with them, etc.

For anyone that doubts, just look at the difference women look and interact with you when you are with a lady, holding her hand, etc.

There is a psychology to it. It is real.
I'm single, and I've never had a problem going on dates, making out with women, etc. Also, me being with a woman hasn't really changed anything, lol. Other women aren't all of a sudden noticing me more because of it.

Also, if this theory really was true, then nobody would EVER get into relationships, lol.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:08 AM

20,380 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Hm. I want to speak to something...specifically NOT women choosing to actually be with a man who has a wife, but women feeling attraction to a married man. Whether they are the kind of person to act on it, that's a whole other story. But we feel attractions that don't always line up with our morals or what we would actually choose to do, and that's what I want to look at.

How does a guy act when single, versus when partnered? Some men I have known, even desirable men, feel awkward in social settings when they are single. They are there alone, and occasionally the dreaded c-word even comes into play (they feel "creepy.") At least they are more self-conscious, especially if they're not with a group of friends, but truly on their own. I noticed at a party last Saturday night, that my typically socially awkward introvert of a boyfriend, looked downright smooth and chill, compared to this new guy we were chatting with. And that got me thinking...I think showing up with me, over time, has increased his sense of self worth and his social confidence.

And what is probably the #1 attractive thing to women? Yep. Confidence.

Of course the difference between me, and most women, is that I'm happy at the thought that more women might find him attractive. If that comes with the change that I have helped him feel more comfortable in his own skin when out among other people...I think that is really cool.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:27 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,921,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Also, if this theory really was true, then nobody would EVER get into relationships, lol.

Why?

Old 11-08-2017, 12:07 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMKSarah View Post
OK

I will admit that to ruffle my present boyfriend's male feathers all I have to do is mention that I have been speaking with my ex husband.

Why do I want to ruffle my present boyfriend's male feathers....well, they are both doctors, so right there is competition, so take that hard wired competition and I ratchet it up so they compete for me!

I will say...sometimes I just love being a Beech. It's just fun watching them want me more. And they do.

I whole heartedly agree. When someone else wants you (or you make it seem like they want you) the other man finds you more wantable

Law of the jungle.

Or Dating 101.
lovely
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships