Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 07:51 AM

2,093 posts, read 1,926,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump_Tower View Post
For the love of Pete from the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, do not - I repeat DO NOT - do anything for her birthday. That is reserved for when you are sitting in the boyfriend chair.

On Wednesday, if you must do something special, do it for yourself. Go out with friends. Buy something for yourself. If nothing else, stay home, watch sports and get drunk. The birthday will come and go. It is just one day.

I think sending a Happy Birthday greeting would probably just cement your status in the friend zone. So sweet of him to text! She'd be more likely to want to pat you on the head than to rip your clothes off.

If you're going to focus your attention on a female, focus it on a woman you're sleeping with or a woman you stand a good chance of sleeping with. I honestly believe, based on what you've shared, that you missed your window of opportunity. Don't beat yourself up about it. That happens sometimes. You need to be proactive to make your own good fortune.

Here's another way this could possibly be looked at: If you spent a few cuddling sessions with her, and didn't feel a strong enough impulse to take it to the next step, maybe you just weren't all that into her. Then, in a sort of wishy-washy way, you try to escalate the relationship, only to be met with "sorry, I'm seeing someone." And, because you always want what you can't have, you're lamenting that she isn't with you, and there's much more of a mystique around her than there needs to be.
Right! The best thing is to cut all ties.

It's clearly driving you nuts if you're pining for Wednesday when you can send her a simple "Happy Birthday" text, to which she might respond with a quick message,which you will over analyze and wait for the next time you are allowed to text her.

Part of the problem is confidence- you have it your head for some reason that you blew the opportunity of a lifetime. Well I can tell you, you probably didn't. She could have made the big move too, and she didn't. I've been with plenty of women cuddling on the couch- and being the gentleman that I am , let them strike first. If they were into me, it happened. IF she was that into you, it would have happened.

Get back out there- after a few weeks, you'll forget about her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 09:05 PM

11,023 posts, read 5,989,338 times
OP, if it's any consolation to you, I lost the most bestest woman out there because I didn't take up on her hints. Thinking back, she was just about rubbing it in my face! She was a really really lovely girl. Beautiful too. I just lacked the confidence at the time. Knowing what I know now, she was mine for the picking. She nearly even jumped into my bed when I was in her parents outhouse on their farm one weekend she invited me to spend the weekend with her. WTF! How many times have I banged my head on a wall for being so damn dumb!

But I moved on and had some fun with quite a few other girls. I seldom think of the one that got away.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:25 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
OP, if it's any consolation to you, I lost the most bestest woman out there because I didn't take up on her hints. Thinking back, she was just about rubbing it in my face! She was a really really lovely girl. Beautiful too. I just lacked the confidence at the time. Knowing what I know now, she was mine for the picking. She nearly even jumped into my bed when I was in her parents outhouse on their farm one weekend she invited me to spend the weekend with her. WTF! How many times have I banged my head on a wall for being so damn dumb!

But I moved on and had some fun with quite a few other girls. I seldom think of the one that got away.
I'm guessing that a New Zealand "outhouse" is not the same type of structure as an "outhouse" in the States.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:54 AM

11,023 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
I'm guessing that a New Zealand "outhouse" is not the same type of structure as an "outhouse" in the States.
Damn. Didn't think that one through!
Outbuilding.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:35 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
When a woman wants to get married she will marry someone....

Old 11-08-2017, 07:31 AM

52 posts, read 38,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Damn. Didn't think that one through!
Outbuilding.
ah.. if i had only gotten this girl alone in an outhouse!!

here we are, birthday day.. haven't said anything yet. i'm sure i will.. i've just had other things on my mind. which is probably a good thing in some sense

Old 11-08-2017, 07:45 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
No need to be weird about it. Just say "happy birthday" so you can move on.

Just like you would any.other.friend.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:47 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydouglas View Post
ah.. if i had only gotten this girl alone in an outhouse!!

here we are, birthday day.. haven't said anything yet. i'm sure i will.. i've just had other things on my mind. which is probably a good thing in some sense
Just say..."Happy Birthday!".

Then go about your life.

The End.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:48 AM

52 posts, read 38,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
No need to be weird about it. Just say "happy birthday" so you can move on.

Just like you would any.other.friend.
yep. i'll leave the " i love and miss you and i will die without you" part out

Old 11-08-2017, 07:49 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydouglas View Post
yep. i'll leave the " i love and miss you and i will die without you" part out

I think that is a very wise choice hahahaha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships