Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2017, 04:02 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmooky View Post
Yes he does . Please refer back to my previous statements for my opinion and some of the harm I’ve seen, which I did list in brief on the post from 11:44.
There is a post at 1106 and a post at 1201, neither authored by you. Please provide a number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 04:09 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
"Defilement"? Now I feel like I've been doing it wrong.

Seriously, I need a nice defiling.

Old 10-31-2017, 04:10 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You get the fun of missing out on a variety. You also get the fun of not knowing whether or not the sex is good because you have no frame of reference.

Oh, I don't think you need a frame of reference to know whether or not you had a good time.

That being said, I don't see many advantages of waiting for marriage to have sex outside of mitigating health risks.

Old 10-31-2017, 04:10 PM

20,394 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
There is a post at 1106 and a post at 1201, neither authored by you. Please provide a number.
It was here:

Quote:
I understand your point and, thinking it over, it would have only been a burden if I felt guilty about it, if he cared or made an issue of it, or something similar. None of that happened. I felt no guilt or shame, but it was a choice I would have taken back if I had a time machine. No good came of it or those relationships, even the really good ones. They were just to no benefit and I’d have been happier remaining friends with every single one of those people; though at the time romance sounded more exciting.

My husband didn’t even ask about my relationship history, I’m the one who brought it up. He also didn’t ask if I was a virgin, I asked HIM. So maybe it would have been different if he was the experienced one, but that’s not a deal breaker for me and never has been.

Sex outside of marriage, or at least a committed relationship for the theistically uninclined, is something I came to take issue with from a standpoint of experience and time. The theological arguments didn’t really hold weight until later, even though I was aware of them. And watching my friends in high school and college I can’t say I saw any real good on their ends either. Pregnancies, drama and jealousy, heartache, STDs, depression? Yeah, I’ve seen those. And a few people who seemed happy and content with or without sexual companions, though now with a decade or so of time elapsed I can see more issues popping up with them too.

I was genuinely curious as to what defensible benefits could be stated. I have found and seen pretty much none outside of fun and gratification, and any arguments about fulfillment and improved intimacy I could poke a hole in with a jello stick. I’ll grant the people saying them believe them, but nwn’s capacity for self deception is nearly limitless (and on that I also speak from both observational and personal experience, though scripture supports it too).
Figured I'd point at it, since she's gone to care for her kiddos. She's seen some of the negative outcomes. Personally I would argue that the promiscuity was more a symptom than a cause and there were bigger problems writing the life script for those people she has known. But I can't say, I don't know them myself.

I disagree with Schmooky on the subject at hand, but she's right about one thing...neither of us (nor you) is going to bend our thinking no matter how persuasive the argument. That isn't how these things work. I don't mind sharing (and indeed, OVERsharing) my own experience and perspective, but I'm not gonna bait her. Not here for that.

Old 10-31-2017, 04:13 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
I actually hold that God has clearly defined parameters for human interaction, y.
Well, then...using logic to debate with you will be entirely fruitless and pointless.

Old 10-31-2017, 04:13 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
"Defilement"? Now I feel like I've been doing it wrong.
That's when you know you're doing it right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I will not.

I have zero respect for hypocrites and no problem at all saying so.
Pot, meet kettle

Old 10-31-2017, 04:16 PM

52,274 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Oh, I don't think you need a frame of reference to know whether or not you had a good time.

That being said, I don't see many advantages of waiting for marriage to have sex outside of mitigating health risks.
Yeah, the health risks are definitely a factor. When I much younger that played a much less of a role in my thinking, but as I've gotten older yeah, definitely a thing.

Some young people can be silly.

I never prized virginity in me or the girls I was interested in.

Old 10-31-2017, 04:28 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I disagree with Schmooky on the subject at hand, but she's right about one thing...neither of us (nor you) is going to bend our thinking no matter how persuasive the argument. That isn't how these things work. I don't mind sharing (and indeed, OVERsharing) my own experience and perspective, but I'm not gonna bait her. Not here for that.
It has happened and many of us hope it will happen, that some just might decide their inflexible attitudes might not be the path to follow.
What comes to mind is people a lot of us have known that are adamantly ( often religiously)opposed and critical of homosexuals.......until they have a child that is .
Even "Good Christians" don't agree on right versus wrong so it can be instrumental for anyone with inflexible attitudes to be given the chance to stop and examine their own attitudes and the real "why" of them.
Some will, some will just dig their heels in the ground. We never ...or seldom know...which will do what.

Old 10-31-2017, 05:00 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I'm married, but I'm going to try for defilement tonight!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-31-2017, 05:02 PM

505 posts, read 584,498 times
No good reasons to wait. I didn't get "deflowered" until ridiculously later in life because I was raised in a cult. Get it over sooner than later. I viewed my virginity as punishment after a certain age!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships